Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anything but Tasteless  (Read 2714 times)

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Anything but Tasteless
« on: January 06, 2016, 02:17:07 PM »

during the last six or so months, myself and a couple of other long term members of the vaster vape community, have been vaping home mixed unflavoured e-liquid.

we have a amassed a wealth of experience from a plethora of pre-made flavours and yet the unflavoured mix is surprisingly pleasant. in fact, if i were to offer an 'out of ten' assessment, 1 being dire and 10 being unbeatable, then the unflavoured would receive a solid 8. from my perspective, there are very few flavoured e-liquids which would receive a better score and literally hundreds which would score far lower.

the point of this post though isn't to deride flavours, but promote unflavoured as the viable, cheap and consistent option that is available to all.

my method being to add a 8ml squirt of 72mg nicotine, straight into the 200ml bottles of pure vegetable glycerine acquired from boots, which equates loosely to, 3mg in strength at a ratio 96% VG to 4% PG. (its actually 96.153846154% to 3.8461538461538463% but i won't complicate it with science)

my method understandably makes for a viscous mix which my atomizers are capable of dealing with quite comfortably, but the viscosity remains adjustable, as is just a case of thinning to suit, either with pure water, PG or distilled alcohol.

important to note that unflouvered e-liquid is far from tasteless. it delivers a clean and sweet experience, which as i previously mentioned, is consistent and impressive, particularly while pitched against the majority of flavoured offerings.

to conclude, i would recommend home brewing your own unflavoured e-liquid and give it a trial - i suspect most will be pleasantly surprised at this negligible costing method of vaping, which inherently defies some of the possible ramifications stored up by looming regulation.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 02:19:33 PM by itsmeitis »

funkybunch

• Diamond Member
  • More mods than I need, less than I 'need'
    • Funkybunch's redbubble page
Re: Anything but Tasteless
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 03:07:38 PM »

Interesting idea, might well give it a try :D

gruff

• Platinum Member
  • shapes of death, beset the path.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 05:13:41 PM »

I make up batches of 200ml unflavoured juice  ready to add flavours to. Just  take out the odd 20 _30ml  to make room for the flavour., job done. The unflavoured juice  remaning normally gets vaped when i get fed up with my adv, and youre right in what you say itsmiged, it is an impressive vape experience. You is also right regarding it being cheap too, since the flavours cost a damn sight more than the nicotine and vg.
 I also use unflavoured juice to put through a tank before changing flavours, sorts the flavour crossover, kind of.

Frankie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 11:02:55 PM »

Interesting I might give that a try ;)

Niteowl

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 11:37:42 PM »

Gedders, I'm disappointed. I thought you were a professional keyboard warrior? As such, you should know that ALL new sentences and new paragraphs should start with an uppercase letter, as should all instances of "I" if meaning yourself !  :finger

I'd also like to question your statement of 8ml of 72mg nic into 200ml of VG equates to 3mg strength of end use VG unflavoured, and "(its actually 96.153846154% to 3.8461538461538463% but i won't complicate it with science)" as surely, it's mathematics rather than science :P

Finally, can it really be called "home brewing" if we're not actually "brewing" anything? Surely it's the steeping that lends itself to the Verb "brewing"? But that does lead me nicely onto mentioning that no steep time needed for liquids without flavourings added, is an added bonus to using flavourless  ;D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 11:44:05 PM by Niteowl »

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 11:47:10 PM »

and what skool did you went too ? :P

Niteowl

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 11:49:01 PM »

That'll learn me eh?  :camp

Keeping it on topic though, I'm about to run out of my current 100ml bottle, so I'll be giving this a go  :wave

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 11:59:30 AM »

Gotta give this a go.... 8)

buzbybarz

• Provari, Vamo, DiD, 2 Spheroids, KFL,VTR,KFL Clone
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2016, 10:28:38 AM »

I might dig out my Spheroid and give it a go getting curious now

SC_Sammy

• Provari P3, Shockwave, 2 Rollers, GP Paps V4
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2016, 11:47:35 AM »

I just tried unflavored was pleasantly surprised.  Who woulda thunk. :D

nosmo

• Subohm ya dick off!
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2016, 04:47:27 PM »

OK, vaped about 15ml of un-flavoured since yesterday and to be honest I don't realy miss the flavouring.

gruff

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2016, 04:59:27 PM »

Did you vape it on a new/unsed coil nozzer?

nosmo

• Subohm ya dick off!
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2016, 06:11:48 PM »

No, but I would have thought 15ml would have flushed it out fairly well.

gruff

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2016, 09:39:28 PM »

On a new coil, i get a slightly sugary/menthol taste . Not sure where the taste is coming from, but my best guess would be the boots vg. Ive taken boots vg for a sore throat before and its not too bad, tastewise. I aint ever tasted my nicotine until just now, and it tastes nasty, kinda hot, bitter peppery  sort of taste that burns the back of my throat (not recommended).
So, my conclusion regarding where the taste comes from, is the vg.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2016, 09:55:10 PM »

boots VG is 100% v/v - i.e, the purest available. it is possible that the purity might be allowing the peppery taste of nicotine to come through, but its certainly not something i've experienced.
Pages: [1]   Go Up