Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Zmax or Provari  (Read 20147 times)

JamesC

• Tickle tickle tickle
Zmax or Provari
« on: October 28, 2012, 10:30:41 AM »

Hi everyone, im new to the forum and am looking for a VV device to take my vaping experience to the next level. Ive been Using the Jacvapour V1P PCC kit for about a month which has been great. But im looking for something that I can vape at home and not worry about charging all the time and refilling small cartomisers. Also im kind of looking for something that gives a bigger hit with more vapour because Im chain vaping these small V3i batteries till they run out of juice.
I have been watching Scotts reviews and have come to the conclusion that I either want to go for the Zmax or a Provari. The VW of the Zmax is very appealing but Im unsure of the quality of the item, I read on another forum that the Zmax v1 has now been updated to a Zmax v2. Alba-Vapours.co.uk are supposed to be getting the v2 stainless steel in stock. Ecigwizard.com have the chrome Zmax in stock but It doesn't say if these are v2 units or not. Does anybody on here have more info on when to expect a stainless steel zmax v2?

Also im looking at the provari v2 as these seem to get the most praise and good reviews on forums etc, seems to be a bombproof mod of the highest quality but is £50 more. Im aware that some people are just fanboys of the most popular, I want to make a good investment and don't want something thats gonna conk out on me a few months down the road as £100 is alot of money to me and £150 is even more. I suppose I would rather spend less and get the Zmax with VW but im looking for some support in making the right choice.

So what would you buy? Zmax or Provari? please give your reasons why. Thanks. James

wyrm1973

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • Smoke free over 5 years.
Re: Zmax or Provari
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 10:39:21 AM »

Ive only had a provari,not owned a zmax,

Still have my original v1 and looks new never had a problem with it.
The provari is a tried and tested device. Reliable solid etc

The ZMAX has the upper hand with VW, but the jury is still out on its reliabilty/lifespan

a1laserboy

• frikkin lasers!
Zmax or Provari
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 10:50:44 AM »

I have the stainless zmax awaiting me when I get home on Tuesday, I've not used a provari but am currently using a lava tube. I can post up some good quality pics for you if you like and my impressions on the build quality.

I can't say what version it is unfortunately. An email to Alba will be replied to very quickly I'm sure.

JamesC

• Tickle tickle tickle
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 11:26:17 AM »

So a1laserboy you bought the Zmax in the end instead of the provari?

Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
Zmax or Provari
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 11:31:02 AM »

to the ECR jamesc. I have a provari and love it. I think you would find both the Zmax and provari top notch and the Zmax is a tad cheaper. 

diz

• Black or Grey
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 12:38:24 PM »

I own both and I use them both every day.

If I were to have to continue to use only one of them, I'd go for the Provari. This is purely because of the build quality and in particular the quality of the 510 fittings on the ZMax and Provari. Because of its deep juice well and compatibility with Ego-type connectors, the Zmax's 510 connector is exposed and prone to wobble slightly - as mine does. This can easily be resolved by filling the juice well with epoxy resin and bonding the 510 connector to the body of the Zmax. The Provari does not have such a deep juice well and it's 510 connector seems sturdier - especially with larger atomisers.

Another quibble I have with the Zmax is that the base is not entirely flat, but has a slight dish that makes it wobble slightly when stood up. I've made a "special" receptacle for my Zmax out of an old bit of window-sill to ensure it doesn't topple over!

Having said that, I prefer the switch on the Zmax, with it's more positive click and larger size. I also prefer the menus, interface and display of the Zmax over the Provari.

You must also bare in mind that to get a Provari to run on the same 18650 batteries as the Zmax, you have to splash out on an extended battery cap for roughly another 20 quid on top of the Provari price.

I don't think the ZMax V2 is out yet, or even announced. Is it this discussion you're referring to?

http://ukvapers.org/Thread-Z-Max-V2-The-community-has-won

Please do let me know if not!

But if so, the source URL has disappeared. The update was discussed as being a "software fix" to present the VRMS voltage rather than the Vaverage voltage. It is described as a "work in progress" in rather broken English. The RMS "issue" is only really apparent at the lower voltages and easily resolved by just dialling down the voltage on the device to suit the vape.

Hope this helps!

emtronea

• Platinum Member
  • Official ECR Nutter
    • facebook
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 01:03:59 PM »

also wen they ugrade the electronics on a provari u can get the new electronics installed for the fraction of the price  ;)

a1laserboy

• frikkin lasers!
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 01:12:44 PM »

I went for the Zmax over provari for 2 reasons. Firstly price, 2nd couldn't get a provari and extended end cap from the same shop in the colour i wanted and c: i was in a bit of a spending frenzy and just had to get one :P

It looks like the way we will know if its v2 is if it has the 8th menu - rms mode....... I guess I'll find out on tuesday. But judging from the dates of the posts in the thread Diz showed us, I don't think it will be. Alba show as out of stock at the moment, so maybe the next batch will be v2. I might beg and see if it's possible to change mine for the new version as I only ordered it a week ago.......

emtronea

• Platinum Member
  • Official ECR Nutter
    • facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 01:26:27 PM »

get on ya hands and knee,s and say my name bish :))

I Shall Not Recant

• Klaatu barada nikto
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 01:53:15 PM »

Zmax v2 is now in production apparently. With an option to indicate V rms. i.e. so the set voltage will correspond to the dc equivalent.
I'll consider buying one when I can get the v2.

JamesC

• Tickle tickle tickle
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 01:54:21 PM »

diz, no it was actually this thread that I was reading although I did read the thread that you just posted

http://ukvapers.org/Thread-Z-Max-Sad-day?page=11

JamesC

• Tickle tickle tickle
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 02:05:00 PM »

also wen they ugrade the electronics on a provari u can get the new electronics installed for the fraction of the price  ;)

Please explain more on this emtronea

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 03:16:37 PM »

when Provape brought out the V.2 Provaris, they offered a board upgrade at reduced price to V.1 owners ...

RebelPants

• From Each According to Their Abilty
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2012, 04:12:38 PM »

Hi James,
Welcome and hope these forums help.
I am only a lavatube lad, and have not yet advanced, so am not much help to you.
These Pro Vapers will certainly help you though.
Goodluck,
Reb  8)

a1laserboy

• frikkin lasers!
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 07:55:11 PM »

I was reading through that thread again and it seems that all this v2 malarky is possibly overblown and sensationalised buy a bunch of self important anal ubergeeks with nothing better do do.

Everyone with the v1 has had an amazing experience with it as far as i can see - unless you want to get a oscilloscope out and check the pulse width modulation frequency and say that their readings are Mean, median, average, peak, perk, park or whatever else they can bitch about.

The jump in performance from a lavatube to the V1 zmax will be stellar for me i'm sure. Whatever way the device reads out as voltage / wattage, I'm sure i can dial in to perfect settings for my p.e.n.i.s tip anyway. I'm gonna stick with the one I have waiting for me.

Or you can pay double for a provari then add batteries + charger + lipo safety bag.

[edit] Thats not to say I won't be buying a provari of course - they do look spanky!!!!! [edit]
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 07:59:47 PM by a1laserboy »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up