Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bottom Feeder Question.  (Read 2717 times)

vereybowring

Bottom Feeder Question.
« on: April 18, 2011, 05:05:10 AM »

I have been considering the different ideas people have had for bottom feed juice boxes and have a question relating to it.

For hygiene reasons a needle meant for syringes is a good choice for the attie end and people tend to squeeze their bottle or have a pump bottle.

I think my idea might work but want to throw it open to all.

If you got a fine enough needle say 27 Gauge, and fitted this to the atomizer end, and obviously a wider tube for the battery connection, would Bernoulli's principle capillary action come into effect when you inhale and heat the atomizer ?

If it did you would not need to pump at all as the fluid would naturally rise up the tube and feed the system.
Trees use this to pump sap up their height using the evaporation effect from their leaves after all.

I am just not sure of the needle size you would need for this to works.

I just hope there is some smart chemistry/physics/biology type person on these forums that could have a think about this as I propose this would make bottom feeding much easier and cleaner (should be no flood risk after all).

Answers not on a postcard, here will do just fine
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 07:46:56 PM by vereybowring »

stevemontuno

• Platinum Member
  • The Dude
Re: Bottom Feeder Question.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 05:23:07 AM »

hey dude,,no i doubt it because of the pressure inside the bottle,, needs to be released with a quick squirt,,,lol,,,thats what she said,,also bottle usually sucks the liquid back in after a squirt,,,,,

oh and welcome to the forum ;D

vereybowring

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 05:42:32 AM »

Should have mentioned I was going to have a small breathing type hole in the bottle if necessary to ensure air pressure is at work too and prevent the bottle having a different pressure.

Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 06:06:10 AM »

Welcome to the forum vereybowing.  I work with iv needles and have used them to fill cartos in the past and can say that I doubt you would get juice to flow well through a needle smaller than a 22 g and even a 22g requires a syringe and a lot of force to move the juice through ( vg would be even harder ). I also suspect that  venting the bottle would likely result it leaks. I think the key to self feeding attys is to have the juice above the atty so that the act of drawing in the vapor and gravity work to move the juice to the atty as in the new tank systems. I should say I have never had a bottom feeding mod so I have no real experience with them ;)

CountryMick

• So good, you'll want to slap your grandma!
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 12:08:13 PM »

Welcome, vereybowing :)

Wish I could help you with your question. Alas I know nothing of physics, but your idea is interesting.

vereybowring

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 07:48:14 PM »

Whoops !  :o

Was asking a question about the wrong scientific effect, original post corrected to the correct scientific effect ! :-[
Pages: [1]   Go Up