Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Next ECCA Meeting......Important - Please Read!  (Read 10337 times)

igetcha

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
    • E-Cig-Reviews.com
Next ECCA Meeting......Important - Please Read!
« on: April 15, 2011, 01:22:21 PM »

Hi all,

This new sub forum has been created to keep up to date with the latest ECCA developments, and i have asked Fiona and wyrm1973 to moderate this section and act as representatives of the ECR Forum...........im very pleased to announce that they have agreed to do this, so i would like to say a big thank you to them!

moving on, it looks like ECCA have found a great solution for holding future meetings. last night around 20 people were signed into a piece of software called "Webinar" which is a purpose built kit designed specifically for meetings. it can cater for 1000 people to be in the meeting at the same time via voice and text and whoever is in control of the software can choose who wishes to speak by the selecting the person who is "raising a virtual hand". this meant that people could all get their points across without others talking over them and it worked very well.

in addition, it has a ton of options that are very useful for an informative and interactive meeting and one of the definite main advantages is the ability to conduct live and anonymous voting.

which leads me on to what ECCA are hoping to achieve next:-

The formation of a steering committee

during the meeting it was decided that the next course of action would be to elect members to form the committee. therefore this thread is an open and public invitation to anyone who feels that they may have something to offer in way of helping ECCA or indeed even becoming a full ECCA committee member.

so the basics of the meeting were as follows:-

1. setting a date for the next meeting with plenty of advanced notice so as many people as possible are aware of it

2. posting details of the time and place of the next meeting on all the popular forums

3. include in those details a request for anyone who is interested in becoming a committee member to put their name forward

4. include in those details that the next meeting will then focus on electing those people who have put their name forward

the date, time and place for the next meeting is as follows:-

27th april 2011  -  9:30pm  -  https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/992384854

to enter the meeting (and have your opportunity to vote) you will need to click on the above link and register. it will simply ask you for your name and email address........then as the meeting approaches you will be sent an email to remind you, plus another email on the day 5 minutes before it is about to start

registration is quick and simple and the process of entering the meeting is painless.........so there is no excuse not to attend ;)

it may ask you to download a plug in so the Webinar software works correctly, but again it will only take a minute or 2 of your time

so to summarise, if you want to help ECCA or become a committee member then now is the time to throw your name into the hat!

please send your interest via PM to either Fiona or Julian (wyrm1973) who will then forward the information on to the relevant people in order to be placed in the vote

this is your opportunity to become involved directly with ECCA or to play a pivotal role in deciding who you want YOUR committee members to be........so please get involved directly if you have something to offer and please make your opinion count by attending the next meeting and voting.

there is roughly 2 weeks until the next meeting which i personally feel is a very adequate time frame to decide if you want to play your part in the future of ECCA and quite possibly the future of E-Cigs :D

please also check out the news section at http://www.eccauk.org/index.php/news

many thanks,

scott

ps........can everyone please click the Facebook button at the top to help share this thread amongst as many people as possible

CAM-VIP

• Two faced TW@T
    • Campaign for Vaping in Pubs
Re: Next ECCA Meeting......Important - Please Read!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 12:19:24 PM »

Ay Up Scott,

Thanks for posting this as it has 'filled me in' on what has gone off whilst we have been on holiday.  I have seen what you have put on the UKVs thread - do NOT be disheartened by the lack of 'interest' or feedback,,,,that is just what all these vapers are like - trust me,,,,11 months of CAM-VIP with minimal interest just goes to prove my theory!

It is important that those who want to do things, just DO them and then seek for those 'things' to be taken on board by ECCA.  An example of this is the effort Fiona put in last night re Facebook etc..  We'll just do and then fight for our things to be recognised by ECCA.

Russell

igetcha

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
    • E-Cig-Reviews.com
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 12:33:14 PM »

hi rusty,

in all honesty, i think Julian and Fiona have put in more effort during the past 24 hours than what most other people have done combined. i just dont want to see 2 people i know, trust and respect put in a ton of effort to support ECCA only to be dismissed or not have their efforts acknowledged :(

maybe im jumping the gun and reading too much into things by the lack of response on the UKV thread.........i genuinely hope it is just me being a sensitive plonker, lol

cheers

scott

CAM-VIP

• Two faced TW@T
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 12:41:24 PM »

Their efforts will not get disregarded if I have any say in the next meeting.  Doing is what needs to be done, the thinking can modify but not undermine and undo the doing imho :D

Russell

BTW Scott, I'm a sensitive plonker an-all ;)

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
  • Strong In Body. Strong In Mind. And A Scum Lord.
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 12:43:31 PM »

you make it sound as if ukv is the mecca of the vaping world,  they only have a 1000 members, thats bugger all.
if you really want an impact then all efforts should be directed towards jason cropper and his 30,000 customers,,   maybe he could send them a news letter
about ECCA.     now that would be productive.

CAM-VIP

• Two faced TW@T
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 12:44:48 PM »

We need somebody who hasn't been banned from his forum to get the ball rolling,,,,any ideas who could do that JC?

igetcha

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
    • E-Cig-Reviews.com
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 12:47:14 PM »

We need somebody who hasn't been banned from his forum to get the ball rolling,,,,any ideas who could do that JC?

i think we are all banned!!? lol

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
  • Strong In Body. Strong In Mind. And A Scum Lord.
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 12:48:48 PM »

sod his forum, just keep e-mailing him and harrassing him on twitter untill he takes notice.   he is TW.

samuelmunro

• ECigUsers
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 03:44:54 PM »

I think I can put my hand up on this one, I'm heading over there now

Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 03:53:27 PM »

Thank you samuelmunro , much appreciated :)

CAM-VIP

• Two faced TW@T
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 03:56:42 PM »

Cheers Sam :D

Please keep us updated on the response generated ;)

samuelmunro

• ECigUsers
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 04:00:47 PM »

I'm in, sit back and watch me get banned too.  ;D, LOL I don't mind taking one for the team

samuelmunro

• ECigUsers
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2011, 06:07:53 PM »

Update: oh my god that was quick After only 2 posts I've been banned. It is obvious that Mr Wicked does not feel that supporting a Consumer Association is in best interests of his companies future. I would of thought that is is an intrinsic part of it.  :P

CAM-VIP

• Two faced TW@T
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2011, 06:11:17 PM »

Well done Sam,,,,I'll buy thi a Pint when I see you :D

Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2011, 06:19:00 PM »

In all fairness to Jason (ie Mr Wicked), I doubt he has any problem with the ECCA and he would not have been the one who banned you. It would be my guess that you were banned bec of the contact you have with the rest of us, free thinkers are hard to control so the TW forum just boots the ones who dont follow the pack  :P
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up