Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are we worried?  (Read 1637 times)

nosmo

• Subohm ya dick off!
Are we worried?
« on: November 17, 2016, 10:03:40 PM »

Bit quiet on here so I thought I would try to liven things up.

People on other forums think TPD is the end of the world and they are stocking up with all sorts of sh*t like nic base.

I believe it will make no differance to me and the way I vape and I will be able to get exatly what I want including hard ware and consumebales.

Thoughts?

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Re: Are we worried?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 10:48:48 PM »

way i see it is, myself and you and others like us, will be fine.

smokers too, will be fine and they honestly won't miss a thing while all that's available to them is still an abundance of flavoured liquids alongside more equipment than we could ever conceivably imagine back in the days when we took the wise step that we did.

meanwhile however, there are some small to mid producers, some of whom we consider friends, who'll be destined to close up shop now that regulation has installed an obstacle which they believe too high to overcome.

this regulation was a long time coming and shouldn't come as any surprise to anyone. the market became saturated and if it hadn't been the TPD, then the market would still have hit a decline. a bit like happened as a two year feud took hold among the giants, while wiser men, woman and inbetweeners, moved in to commandeer this lucrative industry.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 10:51:38 PM by itsmeitis »

igetcha

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
    • E-Cig-Reviews.com
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 08:23:03 AM »

I've seen a lot of suppliers shutting up shop on Facebook recently...very sad to see :(

nosmo

• Subohm ya dick off!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 09:05:19 AM »

One of the most stupid bits is the 10ml bottle rule.

By that reconing things like bleach should only be sold in 10ml bottles.

stevemontuno

• Platinum Member
  • The Dude
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 10:15:40 AM »

It's quite weird that those 5 year old youtube parodies of people taking the piss out of selling bottles of eliquid on street corners like drug dealers will shortly be happening ,,maybe not on street corners too much but there is a new opportunity for making lots of money knocking out bottles of piss on a Black Market type business ,,  :))

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 01:14:41 PM »

One of the most stupid bits is the 10ml bottle rule.

By that reconing things like bleach should only be sold in 10ml bottles.

it's a common misconception particularly among vapers, that bleach is somehow unregulated. fact is, that charge is desperation by addicts grasping at fantasy in order to defend their habit.
if bleach is a decent analogy, then let vapers buy as many litres as they wish, and hope it doesn't bugger up their coils any more than them aubergines.

10ml bottles are as inconvenient as buying fags in packs of 20. awkward it may be but there is nothing wrong with buying multiples.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 01:48:33 PM by itsmeitis »

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 01:24:39 PM »

It's quite weird that those 5 year old youtube parodies of people taking the piss out of selling bottles of eliquid on street corners like drug dealers will shortly be happening ,,maybe not on street corners too much but there is a new opportunity for making lots of money knocking out bottles of piss on a Black Market type business ,,  :))

'black market piss' as we tend to now term it, is already arguably in abundance.
we used to describe it as vaping, but sadly depending which side of the fence we're on, the authorities saw it as risky.

the market is sustainable currently, but we might do ourselves far more harm than good if we fall into the habit of calling out 'black market'.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 01:47:49 PM by itsmeitis »

igetcha

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
    • E-Cig-Reviews.com
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 03:03:07 PM »

it's a common misconception particularly among vapers, that bleach is somehow unregulated. fact is, that charge is desperation by addicts grasping at fantasy in order to defend their habit.

When people use the bleach analogy they are referring to the fact that you can purchase bleach (a potentially deadly and highly toxic substance) in large quantities and be allowed to use common sense in order to keep it out of the reach of children, avoid drinking it etc (i.e. a form of self regulation)

As far as I'm aware that is the only reason people use the bleach analogy

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 03:12:10 PM »

i realise how its used, but vaping is more akin to smoking, than it is good housekeeping :)

« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 03:21:11 PM by itsmeitis »

buzbybarz

• Provari, Vamo, DiD, 2 Spheroids, KFL,VTR,KFL Clone
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2016, 02:51:46 PM »

I think ready made juice will be effected. If you make your own, very little will change. The tanks will be effected by the silly 2ml capacity, but like the TF tanks it's so easy to fill, it isn't horrendous.
I have the beast tanks and only put 2% nic in just to make me feel better
Pages: [1]   Go Up