Author Topic: TFV4 a CRACKING atty :(  (Read 2536 times)

Offline Wolfkitch

TFV4 a CRACKING atty :(
« on: May 05, 2016, 02:45:01 PM »
got a TVF4 for my bday back in march 3 weeks later while the tank still with the origonal coil sat on my desk i heard a chink the tank had cracked and spewed the contents of the tank all over my desk O.o oh well i have a spare so fitted that problem solved... so i thought 3 weeks gone and its just done the same bloody thing sat on my desk doing nothing that loverly chink sound came once more :( so im now TFV4 less awaiting slowtech delevery of 7 more glass tubes ...

Any one else had this issue?

Also the white seal at the top (white juice seal on filling bit) i have given up with mine deforms in shape after a days use and causes it to leak as it is not sealed to create a -tve vaccuume and thus all the juice floods through the atty head ... i have sort of solved the problem by cutting out the part with the fill hole in (so i have a pacman shaped washer) and then have to remove it and refit it every time i want to refill just so it will create a seal over the hole and touch wood no leaks since i made this mod anyone else come across this issue?

final option anyone got any good advice for a replacement as my kanger subtank that i now have to use seems as satisfying as a cigalike was to a genisis mod :/

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Re: TFV4 a CRACKING atty :(
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 05:08:08 PM »
damn, thats a downer :(
don't know what to advise in regard the tfv4 as my glass has held up very well, especially considering the extremities it undergoes.
i have had to replace a seal mind, as the first one eventually perished to the point that it wasn't doing its job.

i can offer you some good recommendations though for an alternative, both for the subtank and tfv4. the steam crave aromamiser - it's a rebuildable dual coil setup that's easy to build and very impressive.
there are various versions, mine being an earlier one. it has a couple of negatives mind but nothing too significant as to be off-putting. those are the fill method which is done by unscrewing the tank from the base which can be considered inconvenient in comparison to easy fill alternatives. also it has a kind of neck on the top as oppose to being just flat topped, which can make drip tips look a little less nice than they might.

apart from those slight niggles though it really is a great tank. there are newer revisions too which improve on those issues. i'm just awaiting arrival of the latest revision which has top, fill, is significantly larger, and has flat top.
it's called the aromamiser supreme and is steam craves entry into a new generation of what are essentially, velocity style drippers incorporated into large sized, gravity fed tank type things.

there are others which are very similar in design such as the Augvape Boreas and the upcoming, TF-RDTA by Smok. all of which receive rave reviews.

Offline nosmo

• Subohm ya dick off!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 12:48:59 PM »
I got the TF-RDTA on pe-order...........realy looking foeward to getting my hands on that  ;)

Offline BigAl199

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 12:26:24 PM »
I've used my TFV4 more or less constantly with my xcube 2 since April and had no problems with it.  Would it be the juice type that's disagreeing with the seals and glass?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 12:26:24 PM »