Author Topic: Help with Aspire Atlantis 2 please!  (Read 639 times)

Offline Isobel

Help with Aspire Atlantis 2 please!
« on: May 15, 2016, 12:09:27 PM »
So I just bought one of these tanks...Filled it up with my favourite juice and was excited to try it out....But it won't work on either of my mods :-( On both it says "low load" or "low ohm" - what does this mean and does anyone know how I can fix it? Thank you!

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Re: Help with Aspire Atlantis 2 please!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 12:45:18 PM »
my initial guess would be that the coil resistance exceeds the capabilities that your mod might be able to cope with.

i think the atomiser coils come in at around 0.5 ohm or less, so while atomiser being low and in turn requiring higher demand from your battery, your mod may unable to deal with what it perceives as extreme.

what mod have you connected to, and what battery are you powering the mod with ?

Offline Isobel

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 03:44:01 PM »
I've tried it with both my SID and Vamo, both using AW IMR 18650 3.7V batteries.....

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 05:03:11 PM »
i'm reasonably sure the limitation of those devices make them unsuitable for that atomiser.

you may need to invest in higher resistance coils, or alternatively, a more modern mod capable of driving these more recent atomisers.

personally, i'd recommend looking into a new mod as so many newer tanks need the newer mods to power them.

here's a couple of relatively good ones:

the evic mini made by joyetech  - generally retails for between £20 to £30 battery not included (requires an 18650 battery)

or an istick pico made by eleaf - also retails at similar price and too without battery.

My Community

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 05:03:11 PM »

Offline Isobel

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 06:56:48 PM »
Oh thank you itsmeitis! You've been extremely helpful...I will look in to buying one of those mods. They're even cheaper than my SID and Vamo were, which is crazy!