Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Favoured Percentages  (Read 5358 times)

laid_in

Favoured Percentages
« on: April 25, 2010, 11:16:03 PM »

Good evening all.

More than a fortnight into vape over smoke now and I've been trying my hand at mixing my own. Can you believe there's an app for that? There is!

Anyway, whilst the available calculators are good at providing the number of drops to mix up I wondered if you guys could offer some advice on what percentage watering down & percentage flavouring you might use for your favourite brews please?

To start things off I am currently switching between PG & VG at 12mg nic [down from 18 since last Friday] with a 35% mix of vodka & around 12% for my Liberty Flights flavouring. It comes out a little thicker than water and in 10 days I've not murdered any of my atties. Is this beginner's luck?

Many thanks. Brian.

igetcha

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
    • E-Cig-Reviews.com
Re: Favoured Percentages
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 12:35:31 AM »

hi mate,

35% vodka seems way too much to me! are you getting much vapour with that mix?

if i ever use vodka to make a juice a little less thick then i reckon i only use less than 5%, and even then i would normally only add it to a VG liquid

but really, the whole fun of mixing is experimenting and finding out what works for you personally  :D

Moog

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 01:06:15 AM »

I always use this...

http://www.todmuller.com/ejuice/ejuice.php

and it works very well using 15% of flavour....but I'm not the most adventurous mixer.... :)

laid_in

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 08:05:08 PM »

Hi. I do get a lot of vapour with the 35% vodka but the atty gets really hot. I think I'll try less on my next batch. Will also try 15% flavour mix to see how that tastes. BTW in addition to the iPhone app juice calc I discovered today that there are two similar apps for the android for those that have that phone.

SwanVesta

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 11:52:01 PM »

IMHO its far easier to make your base mix when you buy it and then add flavour from that point rather than making individual from scratch each time like that calculator.

I vape approx 18mg so I keep 2 full bottles of base mix at approx 22/23mg (usually one PG and one VG) which when I add my flavour will give me approx 18mg strength (I am not exactly precise)

So I just put 13ml of 52mg in a marked plastic bottle and add 17ml of PG/VG ? that gives you approx. 22/23mg base mix

Then add your flavour ? if I?m experimenting 2ml base + 3 drops flavour. I use recipes ranging from 3 drops to 7 drops so this is not an exact science and very much down to strength of flavour, personal taste, type of flavour and  manufacturer.

Once you nail it and be very careful that you do not make a large batch until you have vaped it the following day on your different hardware/software options then multiply it up to make your 30ml

Does that make sense?

As for your vodka thinning your VG also do that as a base mix from the getgo when you buy it - I put 5ml of vodka into an empty 30ml bottle and top up with my chemist purchased VG

I keep old plastic vg/pg bottles that are marked (see photo) so rather than measuring I just pour to the right level, mix and decant - voila!

Note my method is not for the super precise type of vaper but it?s a hell of a lot easier and faster!

If none of that waffling made sense please feel free to ask!

~Swan~

laid_in

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 07:48:44 AM »

Morning Swan. Thanks for the advice. Your method sure sounds ideal for making batches very quickly. And yes, your description does make sense to me. At the moment I'm trying out different nicotine strengths but will definitely prepare a larger flavourless mix once I've settled with the right strength for me.

Scott, I tried reducing the vodka in my mix to 5% last night. Sweet! Slightly less vapour but far less strain on the atty, better throat hit and fuller plumes for less draw effort.

Thanks for all the advice so far. Its really helping me get more out of my vaping.

SwanVesta

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 11:23:38 AM »

Happy to help :)

Jaded

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ןǝxıd
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 10:14:15 PM »

I too use a 35% flavouring ratio. So, when combined with a 50-something nicotine base (VG, PG or PEG) I only need 15% of no-nic additive. Since I'm using so much flavouring (many folk are happy with as little as 10%!) I can afford to make it up with neat glycerine - the kind you can buy off the shelf from your local supermarket or chemist for less than a pound. This means I get GREAT vapour every time and the added sweetness is a boon to fruity and rich tobacco flavours. True, it's thick and goopy, and often you need to be patient when trying to fill a dropper, but it certainly does the business.
Pages: [1]   Go Up