Author Topic: Reassuring Optimism  (Read 714 times)

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Reassuring Optimism
« on: January 05, 2016, 08:05:59 PM »
just been reading through a blog from a long established mid-size vendor and their outlook for the year ahead. it's actually quite refreshing to read a blog which lends more to honesty than scare tactics.

vaping-trends-in-2016 - link
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 08:08:34 PM by itsmeitis »

Offline Niteowl

Re: Reassuring Optimism
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 11:34:23 PM »
I'm a little concerned by the proposed limits to advertising, though until we know a little more detail we won't really know how that's likely to effect us. Likewise the "A 6 month notice period for new products being brought to market." seems rather odd  ???

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 12:03:09 AM »
i hear you, but so far as i can remember, i haven't ever bought any advertised vaping equipment other perhaps than that which is offered at point of sale, which under the new regs, remains permitted.

we do of course watch and admire factual demonstrations of product via reviews and we might generally discuss them aswell, but those too are still permitted.

in regard to the six month notice period, i can't realistically see that being much of a major issue unless for pre-loaded devices meeting other criteria of the TPD, but even then, with mini pro-tanks to go at and other similarly capable equipment already in the public domain, even smokers yet to turn to vaping will have an abundance of seriously effective devices to suitably aid their move toward vaping.

that aside ...

we'll just continue as was, either buying by from outlets whom distance themselves from TPD compliency, or from artisan manufacturers - maybe even buying in empty tube sets, o-rings and the glass which complete a specific tank as we otherwise knew it. even in a worse case scenario, an assembled tank is but a cheap LED bulb short of a head for a flashlight, so with minimal creativity, we could quite easily be buying ourselves a very handy if slightly crafty, TFV4 styled torch ;D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 12:28:59 AM by itsmeitis »

Offline Niteowl

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 11:05:21 PM »
It's the advertising that gives me the biggest concern, as we have no real concrete information as to what they will choose to deem as an advertisement. Unless you have information that I've yet to see elsewhere?  ???

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 11:05:21 PM »

Offline tripodbeatz

• YA KNOW WAT I MEAN!!!!!!!
    • pulse net radio
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 11:12:41 PM »
I think things will pan out fine
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 11:14:15 PM by tripodbeatz »

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 11:19:00 PM »
i watched the regulators respond and explain their drawing up as instructed to satisfy the TPD as required to be implemented - point of sale advertisement is unaffected along with a few other bits of encouraging things, such as reviews, billboard ads, factual presentations etcetera.