10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clouds  (Read 2858 times)

Starsky

Clouds
« on: January 18, 2016, 05:18:20 PM »

Hi guys; a bit of advice if I may....

My vaping goes as far as ego VV's and aerotanks

Yesterday I had a go on a friends kit, he had an istick tc40w with an aspire ce5s on the top and the difference was like night and day; enormous plumes of really tasty vapour

So was it just the istick that made the difference? He was running it at 17.7w 0.5 ohm, was it that he has TC? Are the ce5s's really that much better than my aerotanks/evods?

If that's what sub ohm vaping is I gotta me some of that- I've never ventured into it before

If the istick isn't particularly good can someone recommend a good box with internal battery for a newbie with feck all cash?

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Re: Clouds
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 06:31:56 PM »

there is an array of cloud equipment currently on the market, but it would be rare to see either of those devices described as such.

generally speaking, an istick 40tc isn't quite a cloud seekers device in the correct sense - in fact good as they are, the Aspire CE5 isn't what we might regard as a cloud machine either.

if you think those devices are to your liking, then it would be difficult to offer anything other than encouragement as both are very praiseworthy pieces of kit.
if meanwhile, you do think you might prefer to tread the cloud device path, then the 'kanger subtank kit', which is loosely based around an upgraded aerotank coupled with a matching sturdy 50 watt device, offers a neat little introduction to cloud chasing. bare in mind though, alongside any potential benefits of cloud style vaping, there is a learning curve.

Starsky

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 07:19:46 PM »

Thanks for the advice - am leaning towards a tc40w with a nautilus mini on the top or a kanger subox kit- what do you think? Does the TC make much of a difference?

JamesC

• Tickle tickle tickle
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 07:35:32 PM »

Things are moving so fast now every couple of months there is something new. Best thing to do is watch some YouTube reviews (scott, pbusardo, suck my mod etc) and make your mind up from there. I would also recommend lowering your nicotine strength if your more used to the traditional mouth to lung vaping style. Since moving to sub ohm tanks with high airflow I can no longer take back a 12mg juice. On the 3 to 6mg juice now. So give that a try too, you'd be surprised how 6mg juice can give you a head rush.

Just ordered a vtc mini and an aspire cleito from fastech. Should be a nice pocketable combo, I'm used to rotating 3 18650's on the charger now.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 07:40:01 PM »

Thanks for the advice - am leaning towards a tc40w with a nautilus mini on the top or a kanger subox kit- what do you think? Does the TC make much of a difference?

i do like temperature control, but it can be something of an acquired taste.

so far as the two devices go, each has its own merit - the istick has the benefit of fixed battery thus keeping things that bit less complicated and the additional temperature feature, whereas the subox kit breaks from the simplicity and confinement of the istick, while introducing a whole new experience.

JamesC

• Tickle tickle tickle
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 07:56:10 PM »

You might find a device with a built in battery to be quite a burden, while a few decent 18650's in rotation on a dedicated charger is my preference. Or you can get devices with multiple 18650s such as the joyetech  reuleaux or the new cuboid 2x 18650s for longer battery life. Both very affordable from fastech.

Starsky

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 08:00:51 PM »

Is it genuine kit on fastech? I thought it was all clone stuff

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 08:04:40 PM »

fasttech sell both - they will generally mention where an item is authentic and meanwhile they'll explain 'style' or styled' where presenting a clone.

JamesC

• Tickle tickle tickle
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2016, 08:09:23 PM »

If it says authentic it will be, they undercut manufacturer rrp so remove traceable numbers from packaging.

Also another one worth a mention is the new line of vapourflask devices. The lite, stout, and classic although slightly more expensive due to strict distribution networks. Definitely still worth a look, they look great for the money.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 11:03:25 PM »

My vaping goes as far as ego VV's and aerotanks ...

... sub ohm vaping I gotta me some of that- I've never ventured into it before ... can someone recommend a good box with internal battery for a newbie with feck all cash?

just a thought but this may interest you and would be quite the viable introduction into sub-ohm - it's actually a low priced, uncomplicated, all you need kit in one convenient package.
similar in fact to the duly complimented 'joyetech ego one kit', the ijust2 by eleaf, producers of the istick, offer this very capable and competitively priced, sub-ohm solution.

operating almost as if a mechanical device with the additional benefit of onboard usb charging, the simplicity of this kit is remarkable, as is the performance.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 11:05:14 PM by itsmeitis »

funkybunch

• Diamond Member
  • More mods than I need, less than I 'need'
    • Funkybunch's redbubble page
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2016, 11:54:17 PM »

I have to agree re the Ijust2 that itshimitis suggests. I got one and am impressed with the performance. Nice, cheap and it works well with no faff :)

JamesC

• Tickle tickle tickle
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2016, 09:57:55 PM »

If you want something very simple I think that's a great suggestion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up