Author Topic: blurred lines  (Read 1227 times)

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
blurred lines
« on: May 07, 2015, 01:17:06 PM »
i wonder ... ::)

seems there's a survey running currently which has caused a touch of concern amid the normally pliable form filler extraordinaires.

not that they would normally complain but in this instance it seems, BAT have commissioned a little something and found support from one famous good dr.

of course its too early to say whether or not there's anything overly untoward about such endorsement, but while it might be quite another signpost for future reference, i feel compelled to mark it down.

Offline igetcha

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
    • E-Cig-Reviews.com
Re: blurred lines
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 02:00:46 PM »
Sausages....the answer is definitely sausages ;)

Offline gruff

• Platinum Member
  • shapes of death, beset the path.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 02:34:05 PM »
i concur, definitely sausages.

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 02:50:02 PM »
it may be ... :)

okay, so this is a tad cryptic - i'll enlarge upon it.

"This study is funded by Nicoventures, which was established by British American Tobacco to operate as a stand-alone business within the BAT Group. Though Nicoventures provided funding for this study, it has had and will have no input to or control over the study design, implementation, analysis, interpretation or reporting."

the study can be found here

a senior figure from within the vaping community described his concerns toward the survey, saying "It strikes me that those conducting have preconceived views on the conclusions they are expecting/hoping to be able to draw..."

it then transpired that the survey had some rather unusual irregularities contained within. for example "The question on liquid strengths lists 18-24mg juice as 1.3 -1.8% and 25mg as 1.9% +"

as concerns were becoming raised, some folks took to 'check' the credibility of the survey.

this being a screenshot of the response.

researchers involved in this study do seemingly have some rather unique standpoints and the survey does seemingly cause multiple concerns, however a prominent figure, perhaps the most prominent and trusted amid the vaping community, suggests the best thing is to answer the survey, honestly.

the reason i'm posting reference to it, is on account of a few anomalies of past, and the possibility that in the future hindsight might allow us full access to the manoeuvres which granted e-cigs to their new owners, Big Tobacco.

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 02:50:02 PM »