Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cloupor vrs istick  (Read 2700 times)

Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
Cloupor vrs istick
« on: March 10, 2015, 12:42:06 PM »

Now having used both devices here are my thoughts;

Cloupor:30watts,  excellent build quality, love the removable battery, more functions than the istick ( can flip screen and lock pwr setting), has adjustable center post, nice magnetic door to access battery, includes a spring loaded retractable charging cable,  comes with nice assortment of extra bits and lil screw driver + nice carry pouch.

istick : 20watts, can set VV or VW, long lasting on a charge, can't lock the pwr and if you hold the pwr up/down for a few sec it will run in that direction till at the limit so I often pull it out of my pocket to find it at 2 or 20 wats, the center pin can be easily depressed ( have had to replace mine once already).

When holding them side by side I would say the cloupor would seem to beat out the istick in every way but one - and that is how it actually vapes  ???

The cloupor seems to go into sleep mode so pressing the button and trying to vape is frustrating as it seems that nothing happens at first. I find that pressing the fire button twice wakes it up and starts the device vaping but still it seems weak so I have to double press the fire button and hold it for 3-5 seconds before trying to draw which is aggravating for a chain vaper like myself. I also find that when moving the same atty between the two devices that the cloupor needs to be at around 13watts to even come close to the istick at 9 watts.   The istick vapes so amazingly well - just hold the fire button and instant clouds of warm vape..  It's a shame the cloupor kind SUCKS to vape on because it should be an amazing device when you consider the superior design and features. 

In the end the istick wins in a second round tko. 

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Re: Cloupor vrs istick
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 12:57:19 PM »

handy and informative write-up Capt ... 8)

nosmo

• Subohm ya dick off!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 12:58:34 PM »

Eleaf have addressed a couple of things with the 30W iStick.

You can flip the screen and it has a SS 510 connector and sprung loaded centre pin.

zarf

• Tin-foil milliner wonders what happened to avatar?
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 08:11:21 PM »

thx capt.

yeh,i had read about the delayed sleep/re-start cycle of the cloupor.

as to the "13watts to even come close to the istick at 9 watts" report: that may very well be the istick's operation being based on using the mean value of voltage, while the cloupor uses the (nowadays) more common rms value of voltage.

(the higher the power rating at which one uses the istick, the less difference this will have compared to a rms-oriented device. at 20w there is no difference between it and another rms-oriented device also set to 20W .
similar story for the 30W istick.
 note: the 50W istick power is different, as it is designed to use rms value of voltage... )

Jaded

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ןǝxıd
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 11:23:05 AM »

This doesn't match with my experience of the same device (from the same vendor). The only difference is that I have the silver version.

Mine does go to sleep but only after two minutes of inactivity, but more often than not find that I tend turn it off before it that happens. Turning it on from off takes about two seconds.

Maybe it's something to do with the settings... I have an Origen v2 RDA with a dual coil 0.75Ω build running at 7.0W - the lowest setting. I've tried upping the wattage but I'm still not getting a delay.

Is it the same with a different atty? Have you tried adjusting the floating pin? Could it be faulty?

Perhaps mine is faulty - in that it works... ;)

Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 11:44:07 AM »

I will take a closer look at the pin. With the Lemo I put the deck on and leave it but have swapped diff lemos with similar builds and have same experience.. I would be thrilled if I found a way to resolve the issue bec as I say the device is very nice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up