Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: that day has landed  (Read 3979 times)

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
that day has landed
« on: March 04, 2015, 12:47:41 PM »

throughout the last couple of years, i've been notably perturbed by the direction of opinion cast from the large 'associations' in the e-cig industry ...

we've had some very keen but ignorant activists, often going half cocked in their futile attempt to defend e-cigs and desperately oppose the TPD.

so today, while browsing the interweb, i managed to read a post on a vendor weighted forum in which one contributor outs a statement from an ECITA director explicitly welcoming the looming TPD.
now that in itself causes me no surprise at all, nor does the fact that the person reporting this does well from delivering benefits to that other set of keen supporters of the TPD, TVECA.

what is surprising though, is that some of the clearly naive, self styled 'militant activists,' are finally waking up to the fact that they have been pushing support for their own demise ...
like turkeys, voting for Christmas :banghead

don't it seem ironic - though many were successfully taught to hate a certain vendor, those same many are now desperately pinning their every hope on success for that very same one ... :P

politics aye - lol

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 01:12:54 PM by itsmeitis »

zarf

• Tin-foil milliner wonders what happened to avatar?
Re: that day has landed
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 05:44:05 PM »

english, please?

(all I got from that was that some might be finding it curious that they're now rooting for Totally Wicked who are legally contesting the TobaccoProductsDiretive in European courts, when in the past, the UKV forum made it clear that Totally Wicked were to be considered a pariah...)

ps. the 'interwebz' don't real...

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 08:35:00 PM »

english conversion:

a bloke who racks up transactions for his financiers in italy, whom incidentally are unashamedly supportive of their trade association TVECA including their notorious subscription to the TPD,
has outed the director of a rival trade association ECITA, for committing equal conduct.

some of the self styled 'militant advocates' who have taken their entire mislead from both the above, are beginning to accept the reality that renders them 'mugs'.

meanwhile, while excluded and boycotted, a totally separate vendor seemingly has the only sincere intent of realistically challenging the TPD, which has otherwise been left heavily supported in real terms.

the fact that many passionate vapers have been mostly chasing their own tails for so long might seem strange, particularly while so many of those were so easily taught to distrust totally wicked.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 08:40:03 PM »

now the very basic english translation ...

i'm actually just venting, as i cant jump over the other forum to issue my long awaited "told you so" :P

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 11:17:44 AM »

My attempt at translation:

In a nut shell...other advocates have been making a bit of a pickle out of their ecig support, except totally wicked who are doing everything through the right channels, and aren't making a mockery of the vaping community....

I may be wrong with my nut shell.... :camp

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 11:33:27 AM »

Not too far off there ... :)

Anyway, the situation is meanwhile developing ...the spin doctors have now taken note and are currently deliberating, presumably before presenting response to pacifyl the current uprising.

Jaded

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ןǝxıd
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 01:05:52 PM »

Acronymtastic mate!

OK...

ECITA = Electronic Cigarette Industry Trade Association
TVECA = Tobacco Vapor Electronic Cigarette Association

but TPD? That could mean anything from Tallahassee Police Department to Toilet Paper Dispenser...

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 01:06:40 PM »

the spin :

basically without saying "so long as they deliver to us twenty five grand per annum, what do we care if they bring us into disrepute".

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 01:11:04 PM »

Acronymtastic mate!

OK...

ECITA = Electronic Cigarette Industry Trade Association
TVECA = Tobacco Vapor Electronic Cigarette Association

but TPD? That could mean anything from Tallahassee Police Department to Toilet Paper Dispenser...

TPD = Tobacco Products Directive ...

the process in which tobacco/nrt's/ecigs are being governed/regulated/overseen.
many object to ecigs being included in it, despite it being something a culinary flavour expert might subscribe too ... ;D

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 05:48:03 PM »

I like 'toilet paper dispenser' best....it has a certain ring to it  :P

SC_Sammy

• Provari P3, Shockwave, 2 Rollers, GP Paps V4
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 02:25:54 AM »

« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 02:34:34 AM by SC_Sammy »

zarf

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 07:01:31 AM »

whatever happened to just using basic, clear, simple, and easy-to-understand English ?

---

The Tobacco Products Directive (TPD) is that piece of European Union (EU) law which is intended to regulate tobacco products, and which the powers-that-be have decided should also cover e-cigs because ... er ... these are "tobacco-related".

(Vapers know e-cigs are "tobacco-related" only in the sense of e-cigs being the most effective aid to anyone trying to give up smoking, but EU's legislators also use the TPD to cover inhalers and nicotine patches, so ... lumping these together with smoking makes it easier to vilify and demonise  address all of these in one fell swoop. )

The current story appears to be about a flavour house, based in Italy, which makes some good flavour concentrates used in the manufacture of eliquid and who has a granted their products' distribution rights  in the UK to a company run by a bloke who also contributes to a well-known UK vapers' forum.

This bloke appears to have always been very opposed to the TPD himself, and is very supportive of that Italian flavour house's products, and used to state on that vapers' forum that said flavour house also opposed the TPD.

He seems to now have realised that this flavour house is just a business, which, like any business, is in the business of keeping itself ... in business.

So it appears that this bloke has finally realised that some e-cig-related businesses will project the public image of their acting in vapers' interests by appearing to oppose the TPD, while actually being signatories to supporting the TPD all along, because that is a way of making things harder for their business competitors.

( I believe they may have possibly even having had a hand in helping to craft parts of the TPD (?).)

Summary: It therefore appears to be a story about hubris ...

« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 07:16:04 AM by zarf »

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 10:19:14 AM »

certainly close ...

I may further simplify though, by saying,,,

Once upon a time, there were a subset of 'community insiders' insisting money breeds corruption ... today, they too have that money.

zarf

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2015, 11:16:39 AM »

hm yeh mebbe i no all abt moni i red abt it in bks

zarf

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2015, 11:18:24 AM »

I still think he's on about his t-shirt:

"Hubris happened ..."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up