Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kanger 0.8ohm Dual Coils  (Read 6250 times)

topher67

Kanger 0.8ohm Dual Coils
« on: November 02, 2014, 03:14:37 PM »

Hi folks!

I'm a newbie here and would appreciate members' thoughts on these coils...
I have a coupke of 'generic' ego style 650mAh batteries, and a Kangertech Evod 650mAh ego style battery.
My main tank is a Mini Protank 3, for which I have some 1.5ohm dual coils and some 0.8ohm dual coils.
The Evod battery refuses to fire the protank when fitted with the 0.8 coils, but works just fine with the 1.5 ones.
One of the generic batteries will fire the 0.8 coils, the others won't.

So my question is, anyone know why this is, and is it safe to vape 0.8ohms on a standard ego battery?
My guess is the Evod and some of the 'generic' batteries have an inbuilt protection circuit that doesn't like the 0.8ohm coils?
Would I be better using the lower ohm coils in a mod, or getting a variable voltage ego battery to fire them?

Ok, hope that makes sense!
Thanks!

Toph.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Re: Kanger 0.8ohm Dual Coils
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 04:53:40 PM »

yes ... this is because the low resistance of 0.8ohm is demanding too much from those batteries, which i suspect is in turn is kicking in their safety feature.

personally, i wouldn't sub ohm (go so low, especially under 1.0ohm) with ego type batteries.

definitely invest in a mechanical mod, or or other suitable mod (and suitably reputable batteries) if you want to safely sub ohm.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 05:04:09 PM by itsmeitis »

gruff

• Platinum Member
  • shapes of death, beset the path.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 05:41:50 PM »

+1 to  what itsmiged says. Egos arent meant to sub on. Get a mech mod and decent batteries to go subbing  on .

topher67

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 05:43:38 PM »

Thanks for the advice, that's pretty much what I figured.
I do have an Atom type mod (maybe a clone, has 1316 and a logo engraved on the body) that I am considering using at home. You know, for that all night vape, ha ha.
It takes 18350-650 batteries, and I'm looking into suitable batteries for it, any recommendations?
Cheers,

Toph.

gruff

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 06:04:20 PM »

Depends on how low you want to go (ohms ) .  Generally, the lower the ohms, the higher the amps needed..
 Sony'vtc4/5s, purple efests and panasonics are  a good place to start
  There are better cells out there  for super low subbing, but for 0.8 ohms the ones above can handle it safely.

topher67

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 06:09:33 PM »

Thanks gruff, and all other  replies!

Don't think I'll be going lower than .8 ohms. Its a good enough vape for me!
I actually bought them in error - didn't read the packaging properly and hadn't intended to go sub - and was using them for about a week with my mini protank and an ego until I chanced across a post in another forum about possible dangers. Now back to 1.5ohm coils!

I want to get the mech mod in use for when I'm at home cos I'm going thru 2, sometimes 3 tanks of juice with the mini! I have a couple of larger tanks to use with the mod.

I'll check out some of the battery recommendations, thanks again!

Peace.

gruff

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 06:17:15 PM »

Forgot to mention aw imr batteries. They're very good batteries also..

zarf

• Tin-foil milliner wonders what happened to avatar?
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 09:01:20 PM »

(...)So my question is, anyone know why this is, and is it safe to vape 0.8ohms on a standard ego battery?
My guess is the Evod and some of the 'generic' batteries have an inbuilt protection circuit that doesn't like the 0.8ohm coils?
yes, ALL regulated devices (includes eGo-type cells) have limits beyond which they won't operate. it is most likely that those low resistance coils exceed the limits.

Would I be better using the lower ohm coils in a mod, or getting a variable voltage ego battery to fire them? (...)
interesting question, as it may open up a whole can of worms... lol

Eventually, all mechanical mods may just become outdated curiosities of bygone times, as developments in better power regulation may make them obsolete.

For now, addressing your question may be more along budgetary lines  (mech mods require additional spend on high quality battery cells and chargers) and I think it would be more economical  for you to just not use those low resistance coils.

(If you're more interested in the 'why' of those limits, then some research on basic electrical principles, and properties of battery cells - and the technology behind them,  may be in order.)

SC_Sammy

• Provari P3, Shockwave, 2 Rollers, GP Paps V4
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 07:15:46 AM »

topher67

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 07:36:38 AM »

Thanks Sammy, good post, I appreciate the time taken to share such important info.
I'll try and post the link to the forum thread I read specifically regarding kangers .8 ohm coils and appropriate use.
Cheers,
Toph.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 07:39:11 AM by topher67 »

zarf

• Tin-foil milliner wonders what happened to avatar?
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 12:33:24 PM »

@sc_ammy: good link. covers much of the basics. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up