Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "extraordinarily dangerous"  (Read 1965 times)

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
"extraordinarily dangerous"
« on: October 23, 2014, 04:30:04 PM »

and i quote ...

"Just a little update from ECITA House:

Before finalising our guidance leaflet, we have been carrying out further research. We have just managed to get quite a dramatic explosion from the Mutant Clone mod we bought, and are now liaising with Trading Standards and BIS to ensure that a RAPEX alert is issued for this product. The lack of sufficient venting in this mod is clearly extraordinarily dangerous, and so these products need to be withdrawn from the market.

If anyone is using one at the moment, I would have to urge you not to!

We WILL provide an update as soon as we have more information, as well as finalising and publishing the guidance.

Cheers,

Katherine
"

there will likely be folks kept completely unaware crucial safety advice has just been discretely posted in a concealed section of one prominent UK vaping forum ... ???

at time of posting, this "extraordinarily dangerous" clone does seemingly remain offered for sale as easily found by following the convenient active link from said forums moderator, advertising the store from which he sells.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 05:01:52 PM by itsmeitis »

zarf

• Tin-foil milliner wonders what happened to avatar?
Re: "extraordinarily dangerous"
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 05:45:57 PM »

are mutant x clones allergic to a bit of  drilling?

(the venting question seems to run hot, then cold. a while back many posts noted "i just add my own vent holes" when venting awareness was at a high.
i have not really noted vendors paying overmuch attention to this. and some manufacturers even less.
although adherence is "choppy", as some manufacturers do have extremely well-vented mods...
there even was some sort of standard proposed. fecked if i can remember what it was called, or where i found it ...)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 05:48:19 PM by zarf »

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 05:57:36 PM »

are mutant x clones allergic to a bit of  drilling?

i suspect they could be very easily drilled so as to be equipped with vent hole ...

perhaps they'll do the same to the original too.

zarf

• Tin-foil milliner wonders what happened to avatar?
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 06:07:15 PM »

indeed. to not do so would be ... clonist.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 07:54:03 PM »

to be frank, i think it sets a slightly worrying precedent that ECITA will test to destruction, items that they don't actually sell.

i do understand they might have perfectly probable interest, but as i observe, their efforts seem detrimental only to competitor product. even the blog pictures are worrying as the catastrophic failings depict battery cells from a small independent vendor, rather than those stocked  by routine ecita members.

if the science is to be believed, large format batteries such as we use in our many mods, are potentially very reportable to trading standards, thus paving a clear track for those paid up ecita-like entities.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 08:27:38 PM by itsmeitis »

DirkDampf

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 11:06:40 PM »

lol - they do seem to have unfortunate record when it comes to e-cig incidents ???

the guy was interviewed on BBC radio a few days back. he did pick up some rather significant injuries, though he hasn't shunned vaping as the paper might report,
Pages: [1]   Go Up