Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: the latest exploded e-cig  (Read 3521 times)

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
the latest exploded e-cig
« on: October 20, 2014, 04:34:07 PM »

i noticed this story buried in the usual 'concealed' area of another prominent forum.

what struck me as unusual, was the amount of vendors showing heightened interest in reading the thread, all of whom belonged to one particular supply chain.

on enlarging the picture of the exploded device, it became slightly clearer why those vendors might be so interested.

note the charred remains of the device and there appears to remain enough graphics to make out a distinct star design on the bottom and in addition lettering which appears to belong to a word ending 'ard'.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2799944/toddler-killed-charging-e-cigarette-exploded-like-catherine-wheel-just-inches-played.html

« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 04:43:10 PM by itsmeitis »

Grove

• It's not a clone, it's a coincidental likeness
Re: the latest exploded e-cig
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 05:06:58 PM »

"The e-cigarette had been on charge all night before it exploded on Saturday morning and the couple had just woken up."

Probably could have cooked an egg on it just before it went bang  :)) :)) :)) :))

stevemontuno

• Platinum Member
  • The Dude
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 05:33:43 PM »

cheapo charger malfunction ?

zarf

• Tin-foil milliner wonders what happened to avatar?
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 05:44:37 PM »

hm, not sure, but looks like cigalike usb power adapter being used as a "charger" on an eGo-type cell.

ignorance will be pleaded, by all...

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 05:45:52 PM »

they would seemingly like to blame the charger, however the battery is the part which should exhibit protection, particularly as its that part which causes the damage.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 05:57:36 PM »

hm, not sure, but looks like cigalike usb power adapter being used as a "charger" on an eGo-type cell.

ignorance will be pleaded, by all...

i thought it strange how 'particular vendors' try to distance seemingly labelled product from this incident, by implicating the charger.

i decided to research and in accordance with what might be a suitably very similar device, i soon stumbled upon this kit from those doubting:

« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 06:15:53 PM by itsmeitis »

zarf

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 06:08:11 PM »

lol.

btw the adapter in that kit you pictured looks different to the one in the daily mail pic, BUT it does looks suspiciously like a cigalike adapter I opened up to find JUST two wires in it . No charge circuit, nothing.
(i.e. fine for cigalikes, as these have basic circuitry built-in which will prevent further current draw from the source.)

The problem with many  eGo-type cells is that many of these depend on the charger limiting current, once a battery-charged state is detected...

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 08:48:05 PM »

well it's been very interesting to follow.

ecigwizard have indeed taken acknowledgement of it being their battery, but reject any suggestion that the battery is at fault.

they have thus far offered retorts to suggest fault belongs with either the consumer, the wall plug or separately a wall charger.

the very fact that the battery itself is the the bit which exploded, seems to be no concern of theirs.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 08:50:01 PM by itsmeitis »

zarf

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 09:10:02 PM »

(..)the very fact that the battery itself is the the bit which exploded, seems to be no concern of theirs.
careful. your obsession is showing...

(This topic has been discussed often. If what happened is as outlined in my earlier post, then the eGo-type cells work as designed: viz. they expect the charger to stop current when done.
Unlike cigalikes, which can limit the current.
Using a cigalike charger on an eGo is a known risk - which doesn't get nearly the attention it deserves.)

oh, I know you dearly want ecigwizard to be "at fault". I rather suspect it isn't...

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 09:40:11 PM »

to be fair, I only see them at fault as they are routinely quick to cry foul of other traders whenever it seems commercially advantageous. the fact that they have themselves succumbed to involvement in a notable incident, means that they are far from immune from that what they themselves routinely exploit.

incidents such as this latest might actually be avoidable, but it will require lead by example and not by unqualified degrading of their competitors.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 01:10:52 PM by itsmeitis »

RebelPants

• From Each According to Their Abilty
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 02:47:26 PM »

I think 'Truth' is a worthy obsession.  8)

tripodbeatz

• YA KNOW WAT I MEAN!!!!!!!
    • pulse net radio
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2014, 04:02:16 PM »

once again another big player not prepared to hold their  hands up and take responsibility for potentially dangerous products, if the company in question had any morels they will claim responsibility rather than blaming uncertaintys,and in a perfect world recall the items weather they have a fault or not ,and display a fault issue on there website and offer exchange ,but unfortunately due to ignorance and greed this wont happen,and the body's that are in place will not implement such recalls.

zarf

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 05:36:46 PM »

Goebbels?

RebelPants

• From Each According to Their Abilty
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2014, 12:34:44 AM »

Goebbels?

No! You can call me Rebel  ;)
Although that particular Liar did apparently say:
“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.
The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie.
It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie,
and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

zarf

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2014, 01:31:27 PM »

(...)
Although that particular Liar (Goebbels) did apparently say:
“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.
The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie.
It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie,
and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.” ---> my emphasis. zarf

correct. well-spotted. (give yourself a gold star for recognising the allusion...  ;D)

... based on his reading of the original premise of "the big lie" as outlined in a certain Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf'.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 01:36:35 PM by zarf »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up