Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Quid a Bottle  (Read 15348 times)

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Quid a Bottle
« on: October 17, 2014, 03:11:47 PM »

having recently heard of a vendor offering 10ml bottles of pre-mixed e-liquid at just £1 ...

i took the plunge and bought some:

www.onepoundeliquid.com

somewhat limited on range, they still offer a reasonable enough amount, from which i bought seven separate flavours:
British Tobacco, Apple, Strawberry Milkshake, Mint Blast, Banana, Very Berry & Cherry Menthol.

i have now tried them all, some in a dripper, others in a tank, and i am pleasantly surprised, they're all rather good.

Apple, tastes like sweet pure apple juice, perhaps akin to 'innocent smoothie' or 'tropicana pure' apple.
Banana, tastes synthetic but remains nice, along the lines of a banana thickshake or foam banana sweets.
Cherry Menthol, is akin to a mint battenberg.
Strawberry Milkshake, very much as expected, a tasty if artificial strawberry milkshake.
British Tobacco, this is difficult to put cohesive description to, but its an imitation tobacco type flavour. i suspect it will appeal to those who enjoy other familiar so called 'tobacco' juices.
Very Berry, is also as expected, like a sweetened mixed fruit berry cordial.
Mint Blast, would seem to be mainly menthol with a possible shot of peppermint.

the one theme that ran true throughout was strength of flavour. these liquids are strong and will probably satisfy even the least sensitive tastebuds. they may be considered even too strong and benefit from a little toning down.
i suspect i could comfortably dilute mine by up to 50% yet still enjoy their flavour.

delivery was charged at £1.50, but 1 bottle was free as gifted using the code 'UKVAPERS', therefore the entire 70 ml cost a mere £7.50 all in.
these represent very good value for money.

igetcha

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
    • E-Cig-Reviews.com
Re: Quid a Bottle
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 03:24:53 PM »

Nice one mate, bit of a bargain! :D

gruff

• Platinum Member
  • shapes of death, beset the path.
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 05:10:50 PM »

Put my order in this morning,  hoping they'll be here tomorrow.
Ordered 20ml blast, 10ml very berry, 10ml blueberry and 10ml tropical.
 For a £ a bottle you cant really go wrong. After reading their website blurb (they want to make vaping more cost effective) it seems they're doing it for the right reasons.
 Maybe the bigger juice retailers could take a leaf out of LiQuids book and offer their products at a similar/more realistic price.

zarf

• Tin-foil milliner wonders what happened to avatar?
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 05:13:11 PM »

(...)
Mint Blast, would seem to be mainly menthol with a possible shot of peppermint.
(...)
:o really?
That had me go and open my latest delivery of "mint blast" and check if they'd changed the formula...

---> phew! it still tastes like mint (garden mint, not as smooth as Moroccan mint, but definitely mint ...)

I'll try their 'apple' next time...  :D

(and I agree: these ejuices have a tad too much flavour concentrate...)

---

ps. I can add:
"choc-a-nana" tastes of  sweet chocolate and banana, a combination which doesn't work for me. I'll give it to my brother...
"black tobacco" tastes mostly of liquorice, with some background "noise". Not really unpleasant, but only if you like liquorice. Another one for my brother...

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 06:18:41 PM »

... tastes like mint (garden mint, not as smooth as Moroccan mint, but definitely mint ...)

having read your take on the Mint Blast, i decided to re-evaluate mine ...

micro-coil @ 1.3Ω / cotton wool wick. taifun in dripper mode.

still get a predominantly menthol experience, with a slight peppermint background. i can almost sense a powderyness to it too. there may well be a garden mint aspect in there, but for me, it takes a complete back seat to the other two mint types.

zarf

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 06:33:19 PM »

hm, I have only had my "mint blast" on  silica wicks at 0.9Ω in a small RDA, and it tastes exactly as it did before: of mint.

(I actually went and contrasted it a few moments ago against the dregs in an RG200 I had with Menthol (finally finished last week), and the two tastes are very distinct)

---
Are you sure your  tastebuds don't need an MOT?   :))

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 06:44:20 PM »

Are you sure your  tastebuds don't need an MOT?   :))

i did ponder the possibility - so sought second opinion ;D

itsheritis seems to think the peppermint aspect is more prominent than me, but describes only tasting those two, peppermint and menthol.

i wonder if we have stumbled upon a differing batch :-\

zarf

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 07:10:58 PM »

dunno. I ordered my 2nd round of onepoundeliquid.com on the same day that you ordered your first, and my second "mint blast" tastes like the first.
(the 'menthol' against which I contrasted the 'mint blast' was JooseJuice's 'Menthol' ...)

maybe grab some mint from the garden, and taste it ... ?

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 11:29:17 AM »

That's a good priced liquid....handy review too 😀

gruff

• Platinum Member
  • shapes of death, beset the path.
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 12:31:31 PM »

Postman has been and gone,  no  liquid today.Fingers crossed for monday.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 12:48:21 PM »

bit of a bugger - but yep, very probably Monday.

emtronea

• Platinum Member
  • Official ECR Nutter
    • facebook
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2014, 08:29:07 PM »

nice take on the eliquids  :) the mill where there based is 5mile away i was gona take a trip down but thers a hurricane outside  :P

emtronea

• Platinum Member
  • Official ECR Nutter
    • facebook
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 08:37:30 PM »

these Are my views on them  :)

bannana, taste like bannana sryup, thats got a powderish taste

strawberry milkshake, . the taste is better after drinking liqourice sambuca. its more milky than strawberry, n has a powdery taste

cherry menthol. the cherry is the universal one and extremly low in flavour . menthol is very low, i dont like this cherry, but cause its low flavour i can put up with it

cherry. universal cherry that has been diluted down to its bear bones, i hate this cherry but they diluted down so much its palletable

british tobbacco. ive come across the flavor before, wet dog flavour. except its week in flavor n palletable to a point of 10 15 vapes huh

blueberry. taste like blueberry. i like blueberry, dont like vaping it tho

tropical mix. boring n palletable n not very tropical

premium tobbaco., it taste kinda perfumy n coconuty in a weird low flavour kinda way

menthol. boring n tastless, n a lil cool

american lites, i quite like this, its a tone down version of a regula tobbacco type im not sure which one, its not an every day vape but its alreet for a few vapes

very berry, l like this its kinda fruity with a hint of coolness, but can get sickly after time

mint blast, a bit chemicaly, niether here or there for mintness but it aint bad for its cool affect

pina colada,  universal taste but not the strongest flavour ive ever had, its sickly n ya room will smell colada-ish

anaseed, had 2 tanks n its to weak to make a judgement

black tobacco has a liqourice taste with it, weak tho, with a weak dirty base, gets sickly tho

apple, taste like warm apple. but somtimes ya forget ya vaping apple

choco nana, taste kinda chocolatly, not brilliant, has a bannanrish taste with it,

couple of ok ones in there, most are bland and thers a few sickly over flavoured ones, worth a punt, dont hold your breath :)
my top 3 would be

apple
mint blast
verry berry

however i wont be revuing them in the future  :P

zarf

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2014, 09:46:07 PM »

(...) my top 3 would be

apple
mint blast
verry berry

however i wont be revuing them in the future  :P

I have to agree.
(similar conclusion, only I thought they were a tad over-flavoured (?), and similar "top" list - other than I tried far fewer, and not their 'apple' - which itsmeitis reckons is actually quite good...)

(I had promised to try their 'apple' but a I'm not going to order just one, and none of the top 3 really merit a re-visit, so I'll probably just pass...)

Stewrat

• Platinum Member
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2014, 01:49:12 PM »

I have tried the 4 tobacco flavours and all are quite nice with plenty of flavour.

The Black tobacco probably would get a bit sickly after a while, but makes a nice change in between other flavours.

They also sell flavourless juice

http://www.onepoundeliquid.com/all-e-liquid/10ml-flavourless-dilutant-eliquid.html

As I have run out of PG and VG I might give this a try as a 'quick and dirty' diy solution.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up