Author Topic: Just Joined ECR  (Read 2539 times)

Offline zarf

• Tin-foil milliner wonders what happened to avatar?
Re: Just Joined ECR
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2014, 09:28:34 PM »
hi jumpmaster,
it is good to see you got your kit,etc.
2.9 ohms is a tad high - but it'll work ... just (lol. as you've already found out. ---> btw, at those settings, you're vaping at 7W...)

when you next take the kayfun apart, if you still don't have any resistance wire, you may want to try take off one wrap from your current coil, and re-connect (snipping off excess wire) . that should bring the resistance down a bit. (1.6 - 2.2 ohms is more usual)

in case you need to know where to get resistance wire, try vape mesh company (v. good):
http://www.vape-atomizer-mesh.com/products/kanthal-A1-heat-resistance-wire-020mm-10metre-2373.html

(i linked to the 0.2mm wire, as you're working in a kayfun, and its little screws won't really hold thicker wire well, though up to 0.3mm should work)

vape on ...

Offline jumpmaster

Thanks for the tip.
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2014, 11:56:52 PM »
Thanks for the link you posted, I have just come off their website after ordering the  wire and cotton pads. I stayed away from ekowool as most vapers seem to be pointing to cotton wicks. If you think this is wrong could you please advise me.  I will knock off one wrap when the juice runs out in my tank , I will have received my stand alone ohm meter, so I will be able to double check the ohms using that and my Vamo. Well I'm off for a vape I will be back online tomorrow . thanks again for the advise  :wave
Alan

Offline zarf

• Tin-foil milliner wonders what happened to avatar?
Re: Thanks for the tip.
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2014, 05:30:52 PM »
(...) I have just come off their website after ordering the  wire and cotton pads. I stayed away from ekowool ...
good decision. ekowool needs special attention, because of how it is manufactured.
(we'll cover why it needs to be torched white-hot  it if you're ever tempted to experiment - but it'll be more useful in drippers,etc. In Kayfuns: not so much ... )

good choice in getting those cotton pads.
(I keep meaning to try them, bur to order just cotton pads seems silly,and I have so much wire,etc.  I don't need anything else, so it'll have to wait ...)