Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for you genny pro's  (Read 7432 times)

Jimbojones

• Windowlicker
Re: Question for you genny pro's
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2014, 06:27:34 PM »

Doh  :banghead didnt realise they where linked!  :violent

Jimbojones

• Windowlicker
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 05:41:28 PM »

Finally cracked it after many many failed attempts ive got a working 1.8ohm single coil mesh build  with no shorting or hot leg issues! Very happy thanks for the help guys  :wave

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 05:42:11 PM »

nice one mate & congrats 8)

Jimbojones

• Windowlicker
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 05:58:29 PM »

Another question, is it normal for the liquid to turn brown? Im using a homemade 80pg mix 6mg nic with 6% Sucralose sweetener, clear when filled and after 5mins of Vaping starting to turn brown, is this just caramelisation?

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 06:05:33 PM »

yes, in most cases the e-liquid in a genny tank will darken as you go - very likely is just caramelising where exposed to heat of the coil.

Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 06:39:51 PM »

The juice in all my gennys is VERY brown by the time the tank is almost empty. I find that it's best to turn the  genny wick side up prior to refilling and dry burning till the coil is glowing evenly red again. When you do this you burn off all the crud that builds up and can tune up the coil with a nudge here or there if needed. I then refill and all is well :)

zarf

• Tin-foil milliner wonders what happened to avatar?
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2014, 08:13:16 PM »

Finally cracked it ...  ive got a working 1.8ohm single coil mesh build  with no shorting or hot leg issues! Very happy ...
congrats. were you able to suss out what you changed from your earlier attempts to sort it out?
 or was it a case of repetition "building muscle memory" until ...er... it automatically emerged as "what seemed the right thing to do" ?

(relax. with gennies, I find I sometimes cannot explain why a particular build works better than another...)

Now: be prepared for increased ejuice consumption... xD
(yeah, I find mesh-driven coils vaporise ejuice more efficiently)

Jimbojones

• Windowlicker
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2014, 08:38:45 PM »

Just repetition really, its not a perfect build but it is certainly working 100% better than any previous attempts. i couldn't get a microcoil and cotton build to wick well enough no matter how i placed the cotton wick, even with a higher pg liquid. I wonder if the threaded wick hole is maybe slightly smaller than the authentic kraken therefore the swelling of the cotton is causing an issue there. Now ive got my mesh stocks replenished i don't see the necessity to use cotton for the time being while im learning how to build on a genny, KISS i guess!

Jimbojones

• Windowlicker
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2014, 08:24:30 PM »

dusted off my kraken tonight and popped a 2mm ss rooe with 325 mesh 5 wrap 28g getting a great vape but having an issue with juice getting on the air hole and gurgling. Is this due to tipping too far while taking a hit, over wicking or spit back?

zarf

• Tin-foil milliner wonders what happened to avatar?
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2014, 09:09:12 PM »

(...) having an issue with juice getting on the air hole and gurgling. Is this due to tipping too far while taking a hit, over wicking or spit back?

hm, with genesis atomisers, that only happens to me if I'm lying down watching the telly,etc.
Try sitting up  when you vape ? (lol) ... or turn the wick to the opposite side if single coil. Alternatively, if using dual coils, rotate atomiser so neither wick is at the bottom when tilted, i.e.both equidistant from the bottom .

(ps. i'm not sure of the cause of gurgling, other than the wick already being well-saturated, and the tilting allowing excess ejuice in the chamber to collect around the airhole - which i only experience when vaping while lying down on the couch...)

Jimbojones

• Windowlicker
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2014, 03:28:55 PM »

hm, with genesis atomisers, that only happens to me if I'm lying down watching the telly,etc.
Try sitting up  when you vape ? (lol)

Dammit i like being a slob!  :dance

I must have rebuilt my kraken atleast 20 times now getting closer to a decent setup tho it's definitely the toughest attomiser to master thats for sure.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up