Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: E-cigarettes—aid to smoking cessation or smokescreen?  (Read 1978 times)

zarf

• Tin-foil milliner wonders what happened to avatar?
E-cigarettes—aid to smoking cessation or smokescreen?
« on: September 05, 2014, 02:09:51 PM »

The Lancet (which sadly, has deteriorated into yet another PC echochamber) carries this article today: E-cigarettes—aid to smoking cessation or smokescreen?

final paragraph,quoted:
"In a report released on Aug 26, WHO emphasised the need for stringent regulations to prevent e-cigarette promotion to young people and non-smokers, and to block use of the devices indoors and in public places. The report concludes that there is insufficient evidence that e-cigarettes are effective aids to tobacco smoking cessation, and a policy statement published on Aug 25 by the American Heart Association draws similar conclusions. A credible case can therefore be made that, unless reliable evidence shows e-cigarettes to be effective cessation aids, there is little justification for their sale. However, the possibility of harm reduction should not be lightly dismissed. Again, robust evidence will be needed to support this enticing and much discussed, but so far unproven, hope. "

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Re: E-cigarettes—aid to smoking cessation or smokescreen?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 02:20:57 PM »

i read that carefully and with interest ... i do think it reasonable.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 02:35:02 PM »

i'd like to objectively dissect this paragraph in a way which may seem alien to general opinion ...

In a report released on Aug 26, WHO emphasised the need for stringent regulations to prevent e-cigarette promotion to young people and non-smokers, and to block use of the devices indoors and in public places. The report concludes that there is insufficient evidence that e-cigarettes are effective aids to tobacco smoking cessation, and a policy statement published on Aug 25 by the American Heart Association draws similar conclusions. A credible case can therefore be made that, unless reliable evidence shows e-cigarettes to be effective cessation aids, there is little justification for their sale. However, the possibility of harm reduction should not be lightly dismissed. Again, robust evidence will be needed to support this enticing and much discussed, but so far unproven, hope.

In a report released on Aug 26, WHO emphasised the need for stringent regulations to prevent e-cigarette promotion to young people and non-smokers many e-cigs advocates too seek regulation on par with this.

block use of the devices indoors and in public places cloud chasers have brought this issue home recently and some vapers do consider inappropriate as none smokers might, equally.

unless reliable evidence shows e-cigarettes to be effective cessation aids, there is little justification for their sale. However, the possibility of harm reduction should not be lightly dismissed. this historically was a very contentious issue and although there were many of us who quit, we were often shouted down by others with greater stage inside the industry, whom would dispute any suggestion that vaping amounted to quitting smoking.

robust evidence will be needed to support this enticing and much discussed, but so far unproven, hope. personally, i have no problem with this as i know full well that i have permanently quit smoking. sadly there are activists who make no secret of the fact, that they will reconvene the fags upon the most pathetic of prompting.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 02:49:28 PM »

thinking outside the box, the World Health Organisation have a duty beyond the simple comprehension of the UKs addicts ... a simple e-lite vaped on our British street, seems quite harmless, as perhaps does a sponsorship deal with a domestic football club ...

skip to the developing world as within the remit of WHO and we see young people wearing the Manchester United top as if inspired by attributes associated with the developed UK ...
i would suspect it far more difficult in a developing region to find a USB socket than say a glamorous ad for similar product being consumed by the successful types, whom reside in the inspirational UK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up