Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: BBC asks, are e-cigarettes safe  (Read 4592 times)

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Re: BBC asks, are e-cigarettes safe
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 06:37:48 PM »

'there will always be an issue of control/QC when the liquid is being made by another company in another country', says supplier to the world, ecigwizard ???

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 07:59:29 PM »

"We have known that diacetyl was an undesirable ingredient in eliquid since 2010, which is why we always specifically test for it, but for goodness' sake, let's not overreact about this. It really isn't a serious health risk in the context of vaping" says ECITA ???

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 08:01:12 PM »

"Diacetyl has been associated with a lung disease called bronchiolitis obliterans. This is a rare and serious lung condition, with some sufferers needing a lung transplant." says Totally Wicked.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2014, 09:19:58 PM »

and here is the program as broadcast across the North East and Cumbria this evening - available to view on:

iPlayer

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2014, 09:33:12 PM »

the program does seem to go a step further than the edited brisk version as aired across news reports of yesterday ...

more interesting than that, is the release of a retort as of today from ECITA, whom appear to be working catch-up in reply to yesterdays news and not the facts as unfold during the final program.

nosmo

• Subohm ya dick off!
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2014, 12:57:23 PM »

I can hear it now the next time I go down the pub.........there, we told you vaping aint safe!  :(

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2014, 01:15:33 PM »

I can hear it now the next time I go down the pub.........there, we told you vaping aint safe!  :(

i'll get similar leveled at me too ...

However, in my ample defence I will simply reassert, "yes, this is one of those potentially dangerous compounds which I so often mention, and was being sold, unsurprisingly by so called reputables from the same group whom enjoyed many years of dubious certification despite pushing numerous false claims."
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 03:56:01 PM by itsmeitis »

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2014, 12:06:40 PM »

Not sure if LF still sell flavourings containing diacetyl...but they did have a list of the flavourings that contained it..... Only problem is, if you don't know about diacetyl, your not going to look for said list, and carry on, happily vaping away on your fave diacetyl laced flavouring....

nosmo

• Subohm ya dick off!
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2014, 01:32:52 PM »

I was a little concerned as I vape almost exclusively Fart's Apple Pie from LF.

I had a bit of a Google and on Fart's web site they state..........

"None of the FlavourArt flavourings on this website use Diacetyl, Acetoin, or Acetyl Propionyl."

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2014, 01:45:06 PM »

"None of the FlavourArt flavourings on this website use Diacetyl, Acetoin, or Acetyl Propionyl."

that is reassuring - certainly seems as good an endorsement and much better than the twitter campaign of early this year, which advised deep distrust of said company ...

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2014, 04:29:29 PM »

ultimately, the BBC have done a public service - they gave us information and allowed us our informed choice where other interests instead drew rank in an effort to protect their commercial concern.

personally, i'd rather such information was in the public domain, and now thanks to prompting by the BBC, it is.

of course, the commercial spinners will offer an alternate account, but reality is that the BBC were able to research where the common consumer cannot. their finding has now amply ensured end to ongoing sale of that particular product and enlightened vapers to risk associated with product that is seemingly in circulation.

it is unfortunate that the BBC program should manage to expose such spectacular issue, particularly while parties that knew had rallied so well to conceal it.

nosmo

• Subohm ya dick off!
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2014, 04:57:09 PM »

+1

gruff

• Platinum Member
  • shapes of death, beset the path.
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2014, 08:14:11 PM »

Maybe, all this attention, will spur the liquid/flavour producers, to reconsider and  reevaluate as to what they offer for sale.

If thats the case, its a win, win situation. If not, its a potential kick in the shins for the pro-vaping community.
 I always thought that, the bbc 's reporting, should be impartial and therefore represent both sides of the argument. As far as I'm concerned,  their programme was squarely on the side of the anti-vaping lobby.
 The woman who lost her husband (for who I sympathise with), blames her spouses demise,  firmly on the switch from fags to ecigs. The fact that he was a heavy smoker for many years, was  dismissed , out of hand.
 Surely, all the blame should be laid in front of the tobacco industry, as all their products contain the nasty sh!t that were found in the dead guys lungs.
Or was there some sort of "pay off" on behalf of the tobacco industry or bbc to sweeten her up.
 Maybe I'm just being cynical,  but I do wonder about the true back story and truth about this topic.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2014, 08:34:48 PM »

Maybe, all this attention, will spur the liquid/flavour producers, to reconsider and  reevaluate as to what they offer for sale.

If thats the case, its a win, win situation. If not, its a potential kick in the shins for the pro-vaping community.
 I always thought that, the bbc 's reporting, should be impartial and therefore represent both sides of the argument. As far as I'm concerned,  their programme was squarely on the side of the anti-vaping lobby.
 The woman who lost her husband (for who I sympathise with), blames her spouses demise,  firmly on the switch from fags to ecigs. The fact that he was a heavy smoker for many years, was  dismissed , out of hand.
 Surely, all the blame should be laid in front of the tobacco industry, as all their products contain the nasty sh!t that were found in the dead guys lungs.
Or was there some sort of "pay off" on behalf of the tobacco industry or bbc to sweeten her up.
 Maybe I'm just being cynical,  but I do wonder about the true back story and truth about this topic.

it wasn't dismissed at all, it was in fact put squarely to her that the many years of smoking was more likely cause ... what the lady did say though, was that oil had been found, in both his e-liquid and lungs ...
pay off by the tobacco industry ? i'm unsure if that is ignorance or desperation, but did you see the accompanying graphic as the reporter explained the massive death rates across the UK, or the even more so heightened death rate across the north east ?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 08:42:16 PM by itsmeitis »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up