Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bang on - Caution & Safety  (Read 2297 times)

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Bang on - Caution & Safety
« on: August 20, 2014, 01:31:01 PM »

though these type of incidents are incredibly rare, it is worth noting that they can and do sometimes happen - my posting this is aimed at reducing the preventable ones.

here's a report brought from vapordigest

"Vape Show Attendees Remain Calm Despite Possible Tragedy

The explosion occurred at around 8:00 pm last Saturday Night.  When I heard it, my first thought was “someone just got hurt “.

My VD booth at the VapeBlast 2.0 Expo in San Antonio, TX was only about 50 feet from the blast.

As I rushed over to see what happened, a large circle of people of had formed around a darkened spot on the floor where the explosion occurred. As shocked as I was to hear the explosion (it became quickly obvious to everyone that a mod had just exploded), I was equally surprised to see how calmly everyone reacted.  No one panicked.

The first concern on everyone’s mind was not “Who Did It?” but “Is Everyone OK?”.  It was only after it was established that there were no injuries, that we all realized how lucky we were that this incident was not a full blown tragedy.

There were shrapnel marks on several of the ceiling tiles overhead, one tile was completely taken out

Though the explosion occurred during a cloud competition, the mod that blew up was not owned by any of the competitors in the contest. It was owned by one of the observers and no one was able to definitively identify who it was.

I use to love watching the cloud competitions at vape gatherings, but things have been getting more and more out of hand lately.  I hope that this incident can be utilized as a rallying point for Mod Safety so nothing like this ever happens again.

To the great credit of both the Vape Blast 2.0 Show Management and the cloud competition organizers, the competition was cancelled.  Everyone in attendance understood that this was the correct course of action, and the rest of the evening was hushed and subdued as conversations focused on the importance of safety

With the help of bystanders, I was able to gather some of the pieces of the mod that blew up and professional photographer, Alexz Sheppard of Tough Blood Imagery was also there and he sent me some of his pictures from the scene.
"

« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:50:54 PM by itsmeitis »

tripodbeatz

• YA KNOW WAT I MEAN!!!!!!!
    • pulse net radio
Re: Bang on - Caution & Safety
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 09:36:13 PM »

stick with normal coils kids or that could be your face, i think the cloud chasing business is getting out of hand and going to case really bad injury or death  :o

zarf

• Tin-foil milliner wonders what happened to avatar?
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 09:40:34 PM »

hm. this serves as a reminder that the nonchalance attached to sub-ohming may be questionable.

---

cloud-chasing competitions should perhaps vet entrants' rigs prior to start, have a blast-suppressant container at hand for participants, and a  one-minute pre-flight show of Ohm's law, with a reminder of just how much energy can be released from a cell...

"... emergency exits are indicated by the fluorescent arrows located at the rear, along walls, and behind me..."

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 09:47:11 PM »

stick with normal coils kids or that could be your face, i think the cloud chasing business is getting out of hand and going to case really bad injury or death  :o

might be dangerously complacent to ignore the fact that incidents aren't born of cloud chasing, they're born of accident or blatant carelessness.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 12:26:55 PM by itsmeitis »
Pages: [1]   Go Up