Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cleaning strong e-juice flavours  (Read 4665 times)

Jimbojones

• Windowlicker
Cleaning strong e-juice flavours
« on: August 03, 2014, 09:29:12 PM »

Hi I searched the forums but couldn't find a topic relative to my question.
How do you guys clean your tanks/clearomizers after you've used a strong flavoured e-juice so it doesn't impair your next flavour?
Im using an iclear 16 dual coil clearomizer i filled it with some 30pg 70vg zero nic hazelnut coffee juice, and cleaned it out after with some warm water and did a dry burn after. Ive since filled it twice with a different juice and i can still taste the coffee juice, which i find unpleasant :(
Any advice would be greatly recieved cheers!

spyder

• Airholes are just pilot holes. Get ya drill out!
Re: Cleaning strong e-juice flavours
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 09:51:43 PM »

Some flavours are like that, they just taint the atomizer and linger.

I used to flush tanks under a hot tap and replace the atomizer itself. Nowadays, I dry burn coils then re wick them, the advantage of rebuildables.  :drool

zarf

• Tin-foil milliner wonders what happened to avatar?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 11:56:29 PM »

in the past, I had read of some people letting coil heads steep in vodka overnight, after having rinsed their wicks.

(I doubt you'll ever solve the flavour "print-through" problem, although I suppose you could get more i16 atomisers and allocate a coil head per flavour. The better long-term plan may be pretty much to move to rebuildables, but you'll still have to re-wick after using intense flavours.)

Jimbojones

• Windowlicker
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 06:16:37 PM »

Hink ill look into rebuildables, they sound like alot of effort though? Is it just re wicking and coiling?

zarf

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 07:17:13 PM »

pretty much...

(tbh, as I said earlier, I doubt one will ever solve the problem of flavour "print-through" with intense flavours. Some flavours' remnants are almost impossible to eliminate from a wick. Lemon, believe it or not, is amongst those, which - like cinnamon, aniseed, etc. - seem to pervade within a wick, even after a flavour change.)

Even with rebuildables, I still tend to keep an atomiser allocated to a particular flavour...

Besides offering better taste, the biggest advantage with most rebuildables is their ease of re-wicking, when using microcoils, with cotton or mesh as a wick.

Microcoils offer structural rigidity which simplifies re-using the coil many times, while just replacing the wick. I have had Kayfuns with the same coil in place for months, while still changing their wick after every 2 tanks or so, when using cotton as a wick.
(I haven't changed either wick or coil in over 2 months in those Kayfuns where I use a mesh wick  ...)

Wicks such as silica can often be too finicky to just re-wick, even into a rigid microcoil, soI usually just completely recoil and re-wick those.

In terms of ongoing costs, a reasonable rebuildable, such as a kayfun, could eventually work out cheaper than replaceable coil-head atomisers (like i16,protank,etc.) - but those can be re-built, too. (It just depends on your dexterity at rebuilding their coil heads - i.e. re-coiling and re-wicking)

So, in terms of raw costs, "replaceables" only become more expensive than "rebuildables" if one is unable, or unwilling, to re-build the coil heads in "replaceables".

Rebuildables do offer a better-tasting vape experience in general, although their higher up-front costs and greater required user-competence may have some shy away.

(Apologies if this is not the "black-or-white" answer you may have been looking for... xD )

woodmans

• up in the downs of sussex
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 07:22:31 PM »

Yup....... After you've spent 3 years finding the right one........  :o

Jimbojones

• Windowlicker
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 08:58:43 PM »

Thanks Zarf, I'm still learning all the lingo, rebuildables sound like a lot of fun and I'm sure ill be on that road eventually!
I'm still trying to find my "all day" juice so in the meantime as I've got 4 cartomizer's ill do as you suggested and try not to mix my juices too much, cheers!

zarf

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 09:39:47 PM »

yeah, an "all-day vape" would be nice - I've come close, but my flighty tastebuds will have none of that, it seems. I've "settled" on about ten flavours, each of which I try to maintain 2 weeks' stocks... :/    (er, that's about 6 months' ejuice, overall. pmsl)

Everyone has a different vape journey. Don't feel obliged to follow the paths of others, but do try to assess their opinions, where these apply to your needs.

One of my brothers, who I introduced to vaping, is fast approaching his 1st year off the analogues, and although he had full use of my regulated and mech mods, batteries, chargers, ejuices and scads of atomisers for over 3 months to help him decide, he opted for a few iTaste v3 (backups) and a handful of RGM2 (protank mini-type of atomiser). He has far more disposable cash than I do, and doesn't bother to rebuild - just replacing the protank-like coil heads.

It's worked for him ... :)

Jimbojones

• Windowlicker
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 11:41:41 PM »

Yeah i hear you, each to their own i guess. Theres so much more to vaping than just a simple cig-a-like, which is all i thought it was until a friend showed me their eGo! :)

gruff

• Platinum Member
  • shapes of death, beset the path.
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 12:34:41 AM »

For  quick flavour changes, the iclear30s is an easy, and imo, a good way to swap flavours. Simply wash out the tank and swap the carto type thingy, job done. (Beware of tank cracking juices though)
 Or maybe try a dripper. There are a multitude of drippers out there, and most of them are a doddle to set up, and re-wick, whenever you wannt to change flavour.
 These are my favoured ways to swap juices that work for me personally, but each to their own.

Jimbojones

• Windowlicker
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 10:58:34 PM »

Not sure i want to go down the dripping route as Would prefer to go down the rebuildable genesis/kayfun avenue, it appeals to me more (at this stage at least)

Jimbojones

• Windowlicker
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 11:01:09 PM »

That being said im like a kid in a candy store at this time, there's so much to discover vaping is fun smoking is boring lol   :yeeha
Pages: [1]   Go Up