Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Must have flavours  (Read 4951 times)

Troy

Must have flavours
« on: July 17, 2014, 10:38:19 PM »

Hi Guys, new to this mixing lark, Can you advice on the must have concentrate flavors for mixing, ie vanilla menthol ect, only thing i have at the moment is tobacco and melon, while it not a bad taste theirs something missing, a few drop of this or that maybe, any advice appreciated, Thanks  TROY.

funkybunch

• Diamond Member
  • More mods than I need, less than I 'need'
    • Funkybunch's redbubble page
Re: Must have flavours
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 11:06:33 PM »

I buy all sorts of flavours, mostly from either justvape247 - http://www.justvape247.com/    or   Tjuice - http://www.t-juice.com/

flavour suggestions are very difficult, in essence what ever flavours you like you will probably be able to find to make eliquid from

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 11:24:56 PM »

to echo what funkybunch has said, flavour is awkward to determine beyond your own palate - best advice we can give you, is to try out as many as you can within your budget or limitations.

the two links which funky provided above are a damn good start and will introduce you to a fantastic array of possibilities.

i will offer one particular recommendation, t-juice 'red astaire' ... that one happens to be among my own aswell others, favourites.

gruff

• Platinum Member
  • shapes of death, beset the path.
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 01:25:14 AM »

+1 to what funky and ged said. Apart from adding decadent, flavourers and perfumers apprentice to the list, TWs gold standard aint that bad. As for individual flavours, vanillas, menthols and tobaccos can be mixed with allsorts of fruit and nutty flavours. Not to mention chocolate and coffee. The  only limit is your own imagination.
My own preference at the moment "for some time now" is TWs  menthol ice, love it straight up or mixed with cherry, blackcurrant or apple,.
 Taste is very subjective though, so , best to experiment and find your favourites.
 T juice flavours are a bit nice also.

Troy

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 09:50:39 AM »

Thanks Guys, Have made a list of flavors i like, Now another question,  So you make up say custard pie mix have a vape and its much to sweet, what can i add to make it  less sweet, and visa versa what do i add to increase sweetness, or its to creamy, a bit sickly, is it just the case of diluting the mix with VG/PG ?,        My personnel taste so far is,  I like a mild tobacco, with a hint of sweetness, and not to much throat hit, a good amount of vapor, and just a smooth gentle vape, TROY

zarf

• Tin-foil milliner wonders what happened to avatar?
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 11:39:49 AM »

(I suspect I'm gonna get caned by the DIY ejuice mixers here, who know that I do not DIY ejuice (yet) , but I think it politic to mention this ...)

Vaping may be seen as a reduced-harm alternative to smoking. The key word is "reduced-harm". It is not harm-free (nothing is).

Please read up on substances known to be contra-indicated for use in vaping, as although some of these are approved as safe for human consumption, that usually refers to their absorption via the gastrointestinal tract, not through the lungs.

These include diacetyl and acetyl propionyl (used for a buttery taste - and often found in custard-type vapes, in the past) , amongst others.

A little unsettling is that a recent (first partially publicised a few days ago) investigative project by Dr.Farsalinos found that 74 percent of samples which his team obtained via normal commercial channels were found to STILL contain diacetyl - even when the vaping community has known for years that diacetyl, specifically, is to be avoided.
 (refer: bronchiolitis obliterans, aka "pop-corn lung")

Another point to note is that some food flavouring is oil-based, which makes it a no-go for vaping. I don't know how to differentiate such concentrates from acceptable ones, or if manufacturers identify concentrates as oil-based or not, but I am aware that there used to be "cowboys" who added such oil-based flavours to ejuice, and sold it. (I know...)

As to adding sweeteners to ejuice: this was commonplace a few years ago, but is also considered anathema, by some. I specifically seek out ejuice makers that do NOT add sweeteners to any ejuice they make.
(Years ago Sucralose was commonly added, as was Maltitol - derived from sugar, so not a good idea for diabetics,etc).
Ethyl maltol (cotton candy/candyfloss flavour) and marshmallow flavour are added by some DIY ejuice mixers to sweeten a vape, it seems.

I imagine that sweeteners probably get added-in by the original producers of flavour concentrates, whose business targets their use in food, not ejuice, so there's likely to be no avoiding that. Besides, people's palates differ greatly, and some may feel a need for added sweetness.

Returning to the reduced-harm idea: adding anything to an ejuice may have unexpected, or  undesired, outcomes. So, it is best to remain circumspect ...

Vaping is pleasurable, and flavours give it a tremendous attraction to avoid a return to "analogues", so enjoy mixing your own ejuices, but try to remain aware of developments in related research.

Wolfkitch

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 08:04:36 PM »

Thanks Guys, Have made a list of flavors i like, Now another question,  So you make up say custard pie mix have a vape and its much to sweet, what can i add to make it  less sweet, and visa versa what do i add to increase sweetness, or its to creamy, a bit sickly, is it just the case of diluting the mix with VG/PG ?,        My personnel taste so far is,  I like a mild tobacco, with a hint of sweetness, and not to much throat hit, a good amount of vapor, and just a smooth gentle vape, TROY

best bet is to play start off by making small batches ie 5ml as the last thing you want is 100ml of rank unvapable liquid!!

also VG = more clouds than PG but PG i find tends to give more of a throat hit and flavour but less vapour thus i generaly run a 80/20 VG/PG mix i prefere 100% VG but it tends to be a little on the Viscous side which causes wicking issues and dry hits (not a problem if your dripping tho)

personaly i vape menthol as my all day vape (just buy the menthol crystals from a chemist and dilute the crystals in PG) then add to your mix untill your happy with the strength as its easy to add a bit more flavour but a total sod to take it away

gruff

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 08:12:23 PM »

Mix your own mate, its the way to go. That way you can limit the amount of chemical you introduce to your system. Either way, its better than sucking rollies, yeah?

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
  • Strong In Body. Strong In Mind. And A Scum Lord.
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 08:15:44 PM »

Either way, its better than sucking rollies, yeah?

tell that to clint eastwood...lol

gruff

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 08:25:42 PM »

Honest quetion, is clint partial to sucking rollies or has he been caught doing summat naughty?

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 08:28:28 PM »

Honest quetion, is clint partial to sucking rollies or has he been caught doing summat naughty?

i believe he was at his most macho before his neck went scraggy and he had that half smoked butt sticking out of his mouth.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 08:32:25 PM »

gruff

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2014, 08:38:54 PM »

I always thought he was a little bit lilac, and chewing a cheroot was his way of hiding his flowery tendencies. 
Its always the most macho ones who hide behind a chewed cigar.

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 08:41:15 PM »

love it the good the bad and the ugly...the good old days when real men bled tomato ketchup when they got shot.

Troy

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2014, 09:01:36 PM »

Thank you guys very informative, all taken on board, and it seams i need to do a bit more research, thanks again,  TROY.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up