Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is more important? Build or Liquid??  (Read 2989 times)

Georgie1771

What is more important? Build or Liquid??
« on: June 29, 2014, 09:09:44 PM »

Hi All,

Been a while since I posted anything on this forum. Firstly just wanted to say thanks to itsmeitis, Scott and some of the other guys on tho community for their help. After getting my first RBA/Hybrid mod I've been popping in an out of community chat to ask for help and i think (after a good month) I've cracked it! Ive been on a bit of a vaping journey of discovery :sex :dance.  There are several things that I hadn't got quite right which were affecting the taste, vapour production, and harshness of my vape. I've now found that the best set up for me personally which is a dual micro coil (0.32 kenthal wire), cotton build.

That being said I thought the issues I was experiencing were largely down to my builds, however after discovering some new e-liquids I'm no longer sure this was entirely true. I have recently discovered T-Juice and Ruthless e-liquid ranges :o. Previously I was a bit of a bargain hunter and felt some e-liquids on the market were a little on the pricey side so as a result I stuck with liquid concentrates (mainly from Totally Wicked).

However, after trying the Ruthless and T-Juice ranges it has opened my eyes to whole new taste sensation. I would say that most everything I have tried is pale in comparison at best. I am really enjoying Ruthless Mandingo flavour and T-Juices Red Astaire, I would recommend these to anyone who like sweet juices.

Im not sure the point of this post really, other than to see if anyone else has had the same experience. After discovering these ranges I have been wondering whether I have finally got my builds right (after 3yrs of vaping) or whether i have just been using crap juices up until now??

Either way….I'm now a happy bunny and I now think spending a little more on e-liquids is probably better than looking for a bargain. I will drop a little review on the Mandingo flavour by Ruthless for anyone who is interested.

Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
Re: What is more important? Build or Liquid??
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 09:18:21 PM »

So glad to hear you found a setup and liquid range that is giving you a positive vaping experience.  I think your right is pointing out that it's not just one or the other. You have to have a good build to get good performance, but it's equally important to have some juice that you enjoy to bring it all together ;D

gruff

• Platinum Member
  • shapes of death, beset the path.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 11:37:00 PM »

+1to the build quality aspect of things but taste is subjective. I personally love TWs gold standard range of flavours (especially the menthol ice ), but I'm not a fan of their premixed ranges. I only use their pre mixed stuff, when ive gathered enough loyalty stamps and a particular juice catches my eye (tigers blood in their patriot range is a bit nice though)
Ive only tried a few flavours from tjuice and found them to be very nice, although their colonels custard and jack the ripples seem to be a bit heavy on the vanilla for me.
 Back to builds, rip trippers does a good tutorial on the sleeper coil, and in my opinion, one of the better set ups for both flavour and vapour production ive found.
 I'm currently using a quasar with a 24 gauge kanthal sleeper coil (@ 0.32 ohms) with 18mg 100% vg menthol ice (homebrewed) on a nemmy with a  3400 mah panasonic 18650 battery on board.
 Blissful,  but hey, its my own version of perfection atm.

Georgie1771

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 08:41:19 AM »

I agree, taste is most definately very personal  and down to the individual. Dont get me wrong I dont dislike the TW range. What i found was the depth of flavour was very faint with the TW range (possibly down to my mixing ratios though).
When trying these new liquids it was so different. The description of the mandingo flavour by Ruthless was banana bread with cinnamon and tbh it was as if id taken massive bite of cake.
Eliquid descriptions (for me) are rarely exactly what they say on the tin but this was exactly what it.sugguested. Previously I had watched some you tube reviews where people rave about juices...picking up their mod half way through a rant to have a vape  because the juice was so delicious as they put it.
Until just now...I thought everyone had been having me on lol!

zarf

• Tin-foil milliner wonders what happened to avatar?
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 09:55:39 AM »

Georgie1771,

yep. Eliquid and build are interrelated and both affect the taste of a vape, and the overall vape experience.
Which plays a greater role? Well, if one has a poor ejuice, no build can improve it and a delightful ejuice can taste crap if the "3 essentials" are out of kilter.

No deep mysticism here, the "3 essentials" are just: heat,ejuice and air.  Get all 3 balanced to your particular preferences, and your vape experience is a positive one. If any are lacking, well ... :/

---

Just to throw a spanner into the works:
Taste is, of course, subjective. A point to note is that humans' sensations are mostly statistical, and we adapt to changes and can influence those changes.
Salt, sugar and other condiments come to mind...

(Try cutting sugar from from most foods (eg. tea) for a few days, and then try tasting a cup of tea with just a half teaspoon of sugar added. You'll be surprised. Same goes for salt, and pretty much anything we add to our food...)

A question I'm trying to raise is that many, if not most, ejuices now have an inordinate amount of flavouring concentrate added - as much as 30 percent of total volume. Is this desirable?

(refer: Dr. Farsalinos's opinion that flavourings should be kept to below 6 percent. It's just his opinion, of course, but I believe he has been building a project to assess how flavourings may have deleterious effects...)

I have my ejuice maker now make some of my ejuices at HALF and a THIRD of normal flavouring. I am happy with the results so far...

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 08:05:24 PM »

That's interesting Zarf. I usually whinge if the flavour isn't outrageously OTT. Food for thought bud

Georgie1771

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 08:17:24 AM »

Absolutely...food for thought. All I know..for now its working for me  :wave

HomoVapian

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 01:33:08 PM »

wow 30% flavor.....that says a lot for flavor quality - no wonder users are experiencing saturation on taste and impact but then I suppose like previously stated its all individually relative....probably ;)

zarf

• Tin-foil milliner wonders what happened to avatar?
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 05:23:46 PM »

(...)I have my ejuice maker now make some of my ejuices at HALF and a THIRD of normal flavouring. I am happy with the results so far...
  lol. actually, for one, cinnamon*, I now vape it at ONE SIXTH of the normal percentage...

(*tbh, I found I  am particularly sensitive to cinnamon as an ejuice (my lips are, anyway), so I never vape it for more than an hour, once or twice a week - until I finish off my remaining stocks. )

wow 30% flavor.....that says a lot for flavor quality - no wonder users are experiencing saturation on taste and impact but then I suppose like previously stated its all individually relative....probably ;)
"quality" becomes questionable when a vendor proudly announces in their tagline, on every post,  that almost a third of what they sell as "ejuice" is flavouring...

(I can understand higher percentages of flavourings for inefficient atomisers, and for recent ex-smokers - but not at such high levels.
However, if one has vaped for some time, say a year or so, I highly recommend trying to vape ejuice with, at most, around five-twelve percent flavouring for a week or two. THEN see if one really "needs" those higher percentages...)

Pages: [1]   Go Up