Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So many heads  (Read 6239 times)

Starsky

So many heads
« on: April 21, 2014, 10:02:04 PM »

Guys,

Any idea why I'm getting through so many coil heads. I'm on a pro tank mini using genuine kanger heads, I get through about 3ml per day at 3.8v and I start getting burnt hits at 2-3 days

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Re: So many heads
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 10:09:18 PM »

unless you are using an awkward juice, such as Cubana or something of similar characteristics, i would expect proper heads to last significantly longer than it takes to vape 10ml of juice - i'd suspect either the heads might not be genuine, or the readout on your device is under estimating its true output voltage :-\

Starsky

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 10:21:54 PM »

Yeah I thought it was my addiction to VR hot cinnamon but I've changed to other juices recently

gruff

• Platinum Member
  • shapes of death, beset the path.
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 11:06:32 PM »

I may be wrong, but dont the kanger/evod heads have an extra piece of wick lying on top of the coil, and the removal of that , will aid the wicking of the atty. That being said, the heavier juices will gunk up the coils quickly and need cleaning more often. Rinsing in hot water and dry burning the head should prolong its life.

Starsky

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 09:42:13 AM »

Yes they do; I've got to admit I don't usually clean them cause I found they they tasted watery after cleaning. What method do use use exactly? What's the process for dry burning? I'm always worried about cooking the wick

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 10:16:10 AM »

... What's the process for dry burning? I'm always worried about cooking the wick

to dry burn, you run the coil without juice ...

short bursts of power, becoming slightly longer until all residue is burned off the coil - you should have a coil which will glow red almost instantly once dry-burned back to optimum performance ...

that will fix the issue if it is merely a matter of gunk building up from the particular e-liquids you're using, but it might instead increase the problem you're already experiencing.

certainly worth a try though, even if with just one of the heads.

SpookyMunky

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 10:20:19 AM »

kanger attys I generally leave the "flavour" wicks in at the start, then after a couple o days pull off the center pin and remove them.. for cleaning just fill the tank up with hot water and shake it around for a while... removing the pin for this might help a bit... after that don't dry burn, just leave them to dry naturally for a day or so.. use atty heads in a cycle, like if you have 2 then wash one and smoke on another for a day or 2, repeat :)

gruff

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 12:03:54 PM »

+1 to the method explained by itsmeitis

Starsky

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 05:27:35 PM »

I tried it but now they taste like wet dog!!

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 05:34:17 PM »

terrier, or hound ? - :D

(only messing) ;D

no, it might then be the heads themselves are at fault - i think it fair to expect them to be good for a minimum of 25ml and even thats a very overcautious example ...

gruff

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 05:48:48 PM »

If the heads are going that fast...............they must be greyhounds.

Starsky

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 07:57:10 PM »

Lol I wasn't dry burning for long enough. Once is done it properly the wicks looked brand new. Thanks for the help

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 08:00:33 PM »

assuming you have it sorted now - nice one bud 8)

JamesC

• Tickle tickle tickle
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2014, 10:29:12 PM »

As Ged says, Cubana is a pretty quick coil killer, as are quite a few juices. I find the premium juices that are often steeped from real organic matter are the worst for this. But to save some money and improve the performance of your device, you can rebuild your atomiser heads.

I rebuilt a kanger MT3 head with some thicker Kanthal (around 1.6ohms) and used a cotton bud tip as wick material. After an initial funny taste, it performed and tasted much better than standard although you'll want to be mindful of the battery limits if you do this.

Stewrat

• Platinum Member
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014, 06:06:39 PM »

I rebuilt a kanger MT3 head with some thicker Kanthal (around 1.6ohms) and used a cotton bud tip as wick material. After an initial funny taste, it performed and tasted much better than standard although you'll want to be mindful of the battery limits if you do this.

I've rebuilt a couple of MT3 heads using 0.3mm x 0.1mm kanthal ribbon wire. Usually get through about 15ml (RY4) before they need replacing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up