Author Topic: kayfuns  (Read 3175 times)

Offline gruff

• Platinum Member
  • shapes of death, beset the path.
kayfuns
« on: April 02, 2014, 11:35:26 PM »
Looking at getting a kayfun(clone) but im bewildered at the range of  models available.  In your opinions, which is the best, user friendly,  easiest to set up.
Watched so many you tube videos/tutorials,  the numb nuts switch has been thrown in my head and to be honest, I cant tell one from the other now. The russian has got me intrigued but im open to suggestions.

Offline justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
  • Strong In Body. Strong In Mind. And A Scum Lord.

Offline gruff

• Platinum Member
Re: kayfuns
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 12:08:37 AM »
This is the problem, is the one you suggest better than the kayfun v3.1 es styled or the 91% russian, or does it just come down to aesthetics?
 I would prefer polished or brushed finish and afc is preferable, your recommendations are duly noted.

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 12:30:52 AM »
'3.1es' is very good - has more bits to fiddle with mind, which is good and bad as more to setup being more to go wrong ...

the 'lite' is very good too - less to mess about with and little to go wrong ...

to my mind, the 'lite' as was introduced a few weeks/couple months back, is the best bang for buck piece of vaping gear on the market, neigh planet ...

i have the real genuine Kayfun lite aswell as the snide and although the true one does excel in terms of quality, it isn't by the 600% its price tag would suggest ...

« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 12:32:29 AM by itsmeitis »

My Community

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 12:30:52 AM »

Offline gruff

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 12:03:25 PM »
Fanx ged and justin, food for thought.

Offline SC_Sammy

• Provari P3, Shockwave, 2 Rollers, GP Paps V4
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 09:25:01 PM »
I have a Russian 91 clone and the Kayfun Lite+ Black Edition. I don't see the manufacturer on either box, I bought on ebay. No complaints on either.

Offline buzbybarz

• Provari, Vamo, DiD, 2 Spheroids, KFL,VTR,KFL Clone
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 11:05:25 AM »
I have a Kayfun Lite and a fasttech clone , both brushed SS. They are both great . I use micro coil and cotton now and my Spheroids only get used a few times a day.
They are so easy to set up and give a great vape..

Offline emtronea

• Platinum Member
  • Official ECR Nutter
    • facebook
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 07:09:59 PM »
in my experiance the lite is more fidly than the 3.1 as u make a coil n vape wer as the lite has a smaller chimney and a higher distence between the chimney and the drip tip. so if u accidently fill it up which is easy to do, ya get problems or if u put to much wick in smaller chimney ya get problems, and because u cant change airflow n dont like the vape u have to remake the coil or live with it  :banghead

My Community

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 07:09:59 PM »

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 07:12:16 PM »
erm - ahem

the wick shouldn't be travelling up the chimney - are you sure you have it the correct way up ?

Offline JamesC

• Tickle tickle tickle
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 10:42:18 AM »
A friend of mine recently purchased a Hcigar Kayfun 3.1 and asked me to show him how to set it up as he is new to vaping. I have to say I was very impressed by it! I have been using the RSST's for a while now and thought that things couldn't get any better. But the flavour and sheer amount of vapour from the Kayfun really impressed me a lot.

I have been looking into getting a Kayfun myself now, so I spent a day doing some research on them and decided that I will buy a Kayfun lite plus. It gives the same functionality and performance of the 3.1 (air flow control etc) whilst being in a smaller size. The 3.1 was a pretty hefty beast!

You also have the option to fit a Nano kit which reduces the height of the atomiser by a further 10mm to hold just over 3ml of juice. Whilst I thought that the Hcigar clone was excellent for the money given the number of parts of a Kayfun, I also thought that the small things such as the post screws, the filling valve and air flow adjustment did seem to lack refinement and quality. So I have decided to purchase a Genuine Kayfun lite plus.

Just another thing to note is that I bought a Hcigar Caravela clone a few weeks ago now. My friend bought a Hcigar Nemesis clone which just didn't feel like the same sort of quality as my Vela. It just didn't have the same weight and feel to it, also the bottom button switch assembly was not as good by a mile and the whole mod just felt like a cheap item in comparison.

Offline emtronea

• Platinum Member
  • Official ECR Nutter
    • facebook
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 09:59:37 PM »
erm - ahem

the wick shouldn't be travelling up the chimney - are you sure you have it the correct way up ?

u read wong  :finger

Offline JamesC

• Tickle tickle tickle
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 07:35:48 PM »
From what I have read/seen of the Kayfun lite, the piece that goes over the wick and coil before the chimney screws on is the same size? Also the chimney terminates to the top cap in exactly the same way it's just shorter.

Just waiting for funds before I order from the smoevesto website  :drool

My Community

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 07:35:48 PM »

Offline JamesC

• Tickle tickle tickle
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 09:25:33 PM »

i have the real genuine Kayfun lite aswell as the snide and although the true one does excel in terms of quality, it isn't by the 600% its price tag would suggest ...

To be fair to Smoevesto, I feel that they have done a good job at hitting the price vs product balance.  Through demonstrating good business practices. Unlike other modders that I have moaned about in the past, where production has been of such limited quantity and so hard to get hold of whilst those lucky enough to bag one end up paying big prices for them. Smoevesto have shown much more professionalism here and I feel that £60 is a fair price compared to double the cost for half the design,  although arguably more hand made.