Author Topic: Switch Magnets for Mech Mods?  (Read 4248 times)

Offline JamesC

• Tickle tickle tickle
Switch Magnets for Mech Mods?
« on: March 29, 2014, 04:01:51 PM »
Found a guy called Fat Daddy vapes that sells switch magnets for a few mech mods. Was just wondering if there was a cheaper place to get these, as he wants nearly $8 for a set (although free postage)

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Re: Switch Magnets for Mech Mods?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 04:21:24 PM »
seems a relatively good price with inclusive postage - same guy who does the ceramic doughnuts too 8)

Offline JamesC

• Tickle tickle tickle
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 07:33:19 PM »
Cheers! do you know if magnets will make the switch less wobbly Ged or what kind of action you'll get? To be honest this switch has a really nice action but I'm concerned that the brass button will wear out against the stainless locking ring as it slides up inside of it.

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 08:25:09 PM »
i suppose it depends on which mod you intend using them on - i've done a magnet upgrade the nemesis and it massively improved the switch - made it smoother to use and removed some slight intermittent grinding/catching brought by using some batteries.

i also did a magnet upgrade in my foggatti switch, but that actually caused a reversal of what i'd experienced with the nemesis - so went back to its original spring.

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 08:25:09 PM »

Offline JamesC

• Tickle tickle tickle
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 11:46:34 AM »
Oh, I might just wait until something needs doing then cheers.

Offline inf0junkE

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 04:47:28 AM »
I too had great results with my nemesis clone albeit. Got mine from a vendor from eBay called 'code vape' free shipping and all. Just in case this might help.

Offline JamesC

• Tickle tickle tickle
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 09:43:32 PM »
OK cheers mate! when I first got my hcigar Caravela I put a little smear of vaselene on all of the threads and in the surfaces of the switch as I would with the Provari , but after a week or two the switch became pretty crappy to use. I guess that it attracted dirt and dried out or whatever.

But after giving all the parts a good polishing with brasso, it's working even better than it did new! the action of the bottom button switch and the locking ring is super buttery smooth. I'm still considering the switch magnets from fat daddy vapes, but postage cost is ridiculous so I'm holding out or may ring Midland vapes to see if they could post them out cheaper.

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 09:47:29 PM »
noalox would probably better serve lubricating requirements of electrical contacts/switch assembly

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 09:47:29 PM »

Offline JamesC

• Tickle tickle tickle
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 09:58:06 PM »
noalox would probably better serve lubricating requirements of electrical contacts/switch assembly

Yes I am sure it would! I only used a very tiny smear of the vaselene as too much would isolate the contacts from each other. But a polish with brasso and thoroughly wiped off gives a very slick performance. The whole mod felt very slippery in hand until the brasso had dried up/worn off but the button and threads remain excellent. But I'd guess that you need to maintain these things regularly anyway and adding a greasy substance probably attracts dirt which will jam it up after a shortish period.

Offline gruff

• Platinum Member
  • shapes of death, beset the path.
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 10:52:41 PM »
A little smear of vaseli..........what?.......no, im not going there. Too much innuendo.
Big thumbs up for the noalox though. Oops, sorry.