Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap good looking mech mod.....  (Read 5127 times)

Gazrick

• Platinum Member
Cheap good looking mech mod.....
« on: March 25, 2014, 06:55:41 PM »

Hi guys iv had my kayfun lite ages now and still the best vape yet.  I just want a mech mod that it looks awesome on. Iv got a ea clone but want something else. Any suggestions?

JamesC

• Tickle tickle tickle
Re: Cheap good looking mech mod.....
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 07:48:25 PM »

HCigar Caravela ? I bought one from here and it's spot on! couldn't be happier. It looks exactly the same as the one that Scott reviewed, except that the center pins are silver plated brass instead of plain brass, and you only get one center pin. The quality of it is exceptional for the money. The bottom button works anywhere that you press it, threads are smooth etc.

http://innovapours.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=248#
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 07:52:11 PM by JamesC »

JamesC

• Tickle tickle tickle
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 08:12:15 PM »

Also read around on other forums that the HCigar Chi-you is an equally excellent clone. Same price of around £30

Gazrick

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 08:23:49 PM »

Thanks man I'll check it out :-)

JamesC

• Tickle tickle tickle
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 10:14:28 PM »

Just one slight thing that I noticed with mine, is regarding the bottom button switch assembly. And I cant complain about it really, it does work fine.

But on mine, I noticed that the throw on the switch was very slight. After re-watching Scott's review of the Caravela, under the thumb screw there was no washer at all.

On mine there was a washer, so I removed said washer to see what would happen. This improved the throw of the switch, but then I noticed that the device was slow to fire and sometimes would misfire ( ie a poor connection to the negative terminal of the battery) It seems that with the washer removed, the head of the thumbscrew is ever so slightly too shallow to make good contact with the bottom of the battery.

Simple fix for this:

Just wrap a coil or two of Kanthal wire around the base of the thrumbscrew shank. This raises the thumbscrew just enough to make good contact with the battery without the washer in place. Without the washer in place, the throw of the button improves a lot. Also without the friction of the washer on top of the bottom cap, it makes the action of the locking ring much smoother when you lock/unlock the device, the bottom button locks completely and stops turning, whereas with the washer in place this allows the bottom button to keep turning albeit with a rather graunchy feel. Removing the washer eliminates this completely and the locking ring turns as smooth as butter.

You could perhaps as an alternative add a small amount of silver solder to the top of the thumbscrew, or the base of the shank. But a little bit of Kanthal wrapped around does effectively the same job.

Just a little tip to anyone who buys one of these. It really improves the mod a lot! which is otherwise a perfectly good clone.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 10:18:47 PM by JamesC »

Gazrick

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 10:58:54 AM »

Okay thanks a lot dude. I'll see when it arrives.

JamesC

• Tickle tickle tickle
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 04:52:26 PM »

Just redone mine with a little solder around the thumbscrew shank (just because I'm OCD lol), just a tiny pool all the way around to give it ruffly 0.5mm extra height when screwed down. Can't be completely sure but it seems to hit a little better than with Kanthal wire wrapped around. Kanthal being resistance wire although the threads would have been in contact anyway  ???

JamesC

• Tickle tickle tickle
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 08:48:15 PM »

Bought the Vela from Fasttech aswell, and it's exactly the same as the Hcigar one (except it's a brushed finish and the pieces didn't come in a zip case).

Love these Vela clones. They are thick, heavy and highly reliable. Never miss a beat!
Pages: [1]   Go Up