Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dual Coil RDA?  (Read 2448 times)

a3Rogue

Dual Coil RDA?
« on: March 13, 2014, 02:24:42 PM »

So a few months ago I got my Kayfun Lite+ and have been enjoying the **** out of it.  I am using 0.28mm Kanthal doing 9 wraps around a 2mm drill bit and it usually comes out at around 1.6ohm's.  Which is perfect for I am only using a MVP v2 and requires the coil to be above 1.3ohms from what I have read.

I just received my first RDA, I went for something cheap to get me started, a IGO-W.  I am aware however that if I use my 0.28mm Kanthal to make 2 coils I would get something around 0.8ohms which is no good.

My question is then, which Kanthal would I need to order for me to be able to do dual coils and still be able to use regulated devices (my MVP v2)?

I did try and do a search to see if someone already asked this but I was unable to find anything.

ThirtyQuidKid

Re: Dual Coil RDA?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 02:40:42 PM »

I have just been doing a couple of 7 wrap 0.25mm kanthal round a 2mm bit. Two of them in a dual coil comes out about 1.5 ohm.

The only problem I have is they take ages to heat up on my MPV(due to the amp limit I think) so the whole thing is a little less enjoyable for me. On my DNA 20 however it is a different story. They are just great.

See how you get on and post back. I'm probably doing it wrong to be honest as I have only just started dual coiling...

a3Rogue

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 03:36:30 PM »

Thanks for the reply ThirtyQuidKid, I will order some 0.25mm from StealthVape soon and get back with what results I get, although I will probably stick with my 9 wraps. 

Atm though I have just stuck a single coil in my IGO-W and blocked off one of the holes in the top cap, but unfortunately it doesn't make a connection on my MVP v2 so I have had to stick it on my EGO battery so it's not performing that well :(

I need to look in to maybe just getting a mech mod or a better VV/VW device.

Big Bill

• Platinum Member
  • Squonking ...
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 03:55:24 PM »

Can't believe some people are buying those!!   :o

www.ebay.com/itm/Microcoil-Builds-Four-4-Pre-Built-Micro-Coils-28-Gauge-Kanthal-for-RBA-/271404831776?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f30fd1420

PS: ZNA 30 with Link RDA in DC mode is an absolute beast!   ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up