Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Steamboy Genesis Style (Clone) Hot spot all the time.  (Read 2284 times)

WJM364

• From Manchester, now live with family in Brighton.
Steamboy Genesis Style (Clone) Hot spot all the time.
« on: March 07, 2014, 01:13:23 PM »

Good afternoon, i've had this Steamboy a couple of weeks now. I followed Scotts video, and have watched many more.   My problem is, whenever i put a coil and ss mesh wick into it i do the pulse method. All good to this stage, but when i put the juice in it just it SEEMS to wick correctly. BUT if i fire it for longer than 5 seconds i get a burnt taste, ( Hot Spot ) at the top of the + center post every time. It sound like a wicking problem. Juice is tried 70 pg 30 vg and 50 pg 50 vg.     Tnks

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Re: Steamboy Genesis Style (Clone) Hot spot all the time.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 01:21:53 PM »

to me it sounds that you may be dislodging the wick while filling - that in turn is allowing the wick to come into contact somewhere with the body of the atty, thus causing the wick to become the negative terminal.

WJM364

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 08:30:36 PM »

to me it sounds that you may be dislodging the wick while filling - that in turn is allowing the wick to come into contact somewhere with the body of the atty, thus causing the wick to become the negative terminal.

well thats a excellent point, to be truthful i don't know what i would have to do to rectify this problem. If you have any advice on
                             what i could do "itmeitis," i would be extremely grateful...     :wave                       

(Edit)  when the SS wick goes in the hole, into the tank. Does this mean it can not touch the sides, or bottom of the tank.   (Sorry that sound wrong. )
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 08:37:13 PM by WJM364 »

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 09:12:25 PM »

wick should be clear of all metal parts - electricity will follow the shortest route of resistance - if the metallic wick is touching the metal side or bottom of the tank, then it may complete or interrupt the electrical circuit.

WJM364

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 06:58:46 PM »

wick should be clear of all metal parts - electricity will follow the shortest route of resistance - if the metallic wick is touching the metal side or bottom of the tank, then it may complete or interrupt the electrical circuit.
            Thanks again Itsmeitis.   ;)

That makes perfect sense, although it is rather technical. Is this because when i rolled the wick, it is not oxidised correctly.?
                                      Also i have to say, when i rapped the coil round the ss mesh wick it is quite tight.                                                                                                               

gruff

• Platinum Member
  • shapes of death, beset the path.
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 08:12:00 PM »

Too tight of a coil could strangle the wick and cause problems. Not oxidising the wick properly could also produce shorting issues. Dont forget to leave a hole open on the top deck open ,  so to avoid a vacuum formig as you take a toke, allowing the juice to flow more freely.

WJM364

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 02:10:54 AM »

Too tight of a coil could strangle the wick and cause problems. Not oxidising the wick properly could also produce shorting issues. Dont forget to leave a hole open on the top deck open ,  so to avoid a vacuum forming as you take a toke, allowing the juice to flow more freely.

Thanks Gruff, i made that mistake of not leaving a hole top deck first attempt. i don't know what to think at         the moment, i've been using the Steamboy same wick. But i just been making a point, that i keep the wick facing me and tilt the mod after a couple of hits.
(Hope that made sense) As long as the wick is completely juiced up, i don't get no dry burns. (so to speak) I usually double inhale, or short lung inhales. I would say i'm a very heavy vapor, my device never leaves my hand unless i'm eating, making food, or sleeping.
   I must say though, i mix my own juice and have cut down from 18-mg to 6-mg in 6weeks. I maybe still have a problem, that Itsmeitis was talking about, but untill i put another wick in i won't find out.  Thanks alot you guys, what do you think.??    :) 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 02:18:40 AM by WJM364 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up