Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: naivety of vapers - architects of the downfall  (Read 2188 times)

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
naivety of vapers - architects of the downfall
« on: February 22, 2014, 04:05:12 PM »

this rant brought about after my watching a youtube video which left me very much annoyed and unsettled.

being very fond of my vape related equipment, i ponder logic and the practicalities of not only sillica/glass fibre but also conductive wire wrapping metallic wick connected to a suitably recognised volatile power source.

i suspect some of these routines are unlikely to ever receive adequate blessing from safety standardisers such as those whom provide kite marks.

okay, we might be forgiven for realising our tried and tested genesis atomiser is relatively safe, however in theoretical terms, wrapping a conductive wire around a conductive material suspended in glass and metal and held to the face, might just be quite the quandary for those charged with assessing suitable safety amid electrical products.

i remain comfortable in my competence, as does every genesis user currently. risk assessment is currently ours to own.

but,

here's where i see our greatest problem.

it is in the ignorance of those pouring unqualified scorn on the small independents and the humble market trader. sadly, there are those who are ever so keen to insinuate competitor products are snide, dubious or even all out dangerous. such campaigns are often led by those of responsibility including alleged not for profit forums whom harbour multitude of supposed reputably superior vendors.

as i watch increasingly dubious assertions from UK Vaping inspired site owners and their specially selected moderating team coupled with vendors, i do worry what vested interests as perpetuated by bands of ignorant followers, will eventually bring. i foresee abrupt end to the choices we have currently before us, and simply because there was never an attempt to contain the unnecessary opportunist greed of the few.

to conclude: i do not believe it true that e-liquid costing £2/10ml means the product is of heightened danger to that costing two or three times more, and i do not fear the fact that hangsen t-juice or any other manufactured liquid is unsatisfactory if sold by smaller outfits than those with clout dressed up as 'excellence', or those unduly honoured with annual award despite open failure to conform even to simple statutory consumer law.

in fact, we are much more likely to witness unsavoury practices from the better established larger players. be they those wilfully failuring to oblige consumers rights, or even the many who readily exhibit over ambitious claims in order to make inferior products superficially attractive.

i feel these nasty tricks campaigns from vendors and their guardians, will inevitably bring ever more consequence and in-turn we the expendable consumers might likely lose out in ways which are far reaching and none-containable by those current detractors hedging to increase their profit margins. £2 does not make e-liquid inherently dangerous to vapers, it merely makes it inherently troublesome for vendors whom routinely overcharge.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 05:39:28 PM by itsmeitis »

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
  • Strong In Body. Strong In Mind. And A Scum Lord.
Re: naivety of vapers - architects of the downfall
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 05:27:43 PM »

can you link to the video so we can form our own opinions?

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 05:36:50 PM »

A lot of this is being led by juice snobbery among a large group of fanatics that have let vaping take total control over their lives....they will never amount to anything more than a bunch of loud mouths venting on certain e cig forums, i'm sure hangsen and dekang are laughing at them.

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 05:49:46 PM »

for some the e cig world only exists on the forum they have chosen to reside on.....they are like silly hermits shaking their fist at the outside world as it moves forward without them....let them have their little rants, the guy selling his 2 quid a bottle juice wont ever know about them and his satisfied customers will neither....these forum fanatics are just that.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 05:55:07 PM »

can you link to the video so we can form our own opinions?

here's one of the two : don't get me wrong, the guy is a first class ignorant numpty and quite probably new enough to vaping as to be totally blind to the fact that the same products prompted the industry as resides today.
the fact that he rubbishes products while under some illusion that 'bricks and mortar' means quality and honesty, while evidence exists outing those supposed 'reputables' as opportunist rip-off merchants floggin' snides marked up at £70, or those caught red-handed by trading standards whom saw fit to confiscate life endangering product and ultimately bring successful prosecution despite their paying to be certified legit among the industries most excellent subscribers.

then there's his other video where he claims cheap e-liquid led to his mate having a suspected heart incident - meanwhile he champions the same e-liquid as reputable while sold at triple the price.

note how he inserts a few famous faces into his video too - perhaps to artificially endorse his point :-\

WARNING VAPING E-CIGS COULD BE DANGEROUS TO YOU

here's the one where he airs the suspect harm which his fellow vape mate experienced while saving a few quid over what is quite probably the exact same hangsen juice but under a far more expensive label.
i found it quite telling that he thought those who enjoyed the cheaper version had no idea as to his naive comparison of what good juice is..

now i cannot say either way if the heart pains weretrue or  real, however a certain bias exists in the guys video with which the subsequent comments also seemingly continue to exhibit.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 06:26:06 PM by itsmeitis »

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 06:16:10 PM »

oh look there's another e cig reviewer, wont be long before there are more reviewers than vapers with their nausea inducing camera switching tricks that they think are so impressive and cool....after watching those vids i feel the same as you, but batten down the hatches mate because it's just the start of the bollocks as every new convert to vaping becomes a fanatical reviewer serving the vaping community that they so ardently profess to love.

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 06:19:01 PM »

bottom line ged is that they are just slashing into the wind with their stupid youtube vids, it wont change bugger all in the booming e gig market.

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 06:32:10 PM »

the long established online venders are in a panic and of course they should be as they see their market share slipping away from them, and as usual instead of meeting the challenge they employ scare tactics, which never work (don't these people ever learn from history?)
they seem to forget that it was only 2 years ago we had to buy a 5 pack of 510 atomizers from them in the hope of getting 2 usable ones...at the extreme end i remember buying a 5 pack of 801 atties and every single one of them blew within minutes on an ego battery....yeah selective memories they have.

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 08:19:00 AM »

I thought your title was a bit strong at first itssundayitis, but then I started reading the comments on youtube after the first video  :))

I wondered whether he was trying to set himself up to open a shop or something. But that's me prob being a bit cynical...

Grimm, not Grimme ;)

stevemontuno

• Platinum Member
  • The Dude
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 12:25:02 PM »

in my past experience i've found that its certain flavourings that can give me heart burn ,,not many mind,but there has been times when i've stopped using a flavour due to heart burn,,,

that being said,,i've never had heart burn from any of the flavourless eliquid i've bought ,,just the flavourings added too it,,

and i dont think that doesnt mean that if it gives me heatburn it will give you heart burn ,,i think it just didnt agree with me personally as i know of others who vaped the same flavours with no probs,,

but that added with the theory that the little guy is out to rip you off and the big vendors love you is a bit of a laughing joke,,lol

the guy obviously needs to open his eyes a little more before pointing the camera at his arris and following through,,

although im sure he means well ,,,,, ,,one day he might find that the big vendors are passing off the same cheap eliquid that the market stall traders are  :)) wonder if he'll do a vid on that ,,,lol

RebelPants

• From Each According to Their Abilty
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 02:34:51 PM »

I am shocked at that so called reviewer.
It is so bad I tried making a comment against it on youtube, only to remember I am not registered.  :banghead
The only basis of fact is that it is cheap, comes from china and uses a name similar to other products.
Sounds like most other vaping stuff out there but at a bargain price!
Oh yeah, and sprouts give his mate wind.
I mean, if he really thought that the liquid was a killer would he have tried it? I think not.
He wants regulation? I wish we could regulate some of these bad reviewers.  :finger

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 08:42:38 PM »

I think he's got his own agenda Reb.... EIther way, can't be doing with patronising stuff like that. All he seemed to be saying to me was 'I'm cool and on the inside of the scene and it's really complicated for newbies to be as cool and knowledgeable as me'

Spherical and in the plural
Pages: [1]   Go Up