Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vapemail, 1st- Trident clone RDA By Grand Vapor, the Immortalizer RBA Clone.  (Read 3138 times)

WJM364

• From Manchester, now live with family in Brighton.

Yes  mailman brought me a package today , happy days...   Pne was a   Trident clone RDA By Grand Vapor, the other a  Immortalizer RBA Clone. now if there is anybody on the forum, that could advise me on a decent build it would be much  appreciated.  I can build my own ****, but anything that could be better would be great. So i look forward to seeing what you can offer. Many Thanks fellow vapers.     8)

WJM364

WELL THAT WAS REALLY HELPFUL...   USELESS !!! ............ Please excuse me. I'm extremely sorry. (Edited)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 01:45:14 AM by WJM364 »

igetcha

• Administrator
  • Diamond Member
  • www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
    • E-Cig-Reviews.com

Wow, that's not a good attitude fella! Did you consider that maybe not everyone else owns a Trident so may not feel able to answer you? And how can they advise of a "better setup" when you have not explained how you set your one up in the 1st place! :P

To call fellow forum members "useless" because they didn't pander to your demands is a little dissapointing

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae

i was about to post but beaten to it  - but suffice to say, here's what i was posting as reply:

WELL THAT WAS REALLY HELPFUL...   USELESS !!!

think it through -  ;)

so you can build it already, but can anyone gauge better ?

might help if you explain how or what you seek in bettering your own build ?

and by the way, how do Preston North End come into it ? :P

a1laserboy

• frikkin lasers!

I own a trident clone, I found a lot of information on the internet merely by moving my finger and and clicking the trackpad. Maybe you should give it a go. Many times you get results within seconds.

Or alternatively expect someone else to do the leg work for you like a little child, then act like one when nobody bothers to put themselves out for you.

In the time it took me to type that, I could have given you half a dozen links. But somehow I don't feel like it......

jono7969

Although that was not the best way to ask for help, i use x 2 micro coils 5 wraps of  .3 on each coil, comes out at about 0.6 ohms .

make sure you have the right batteries to go sub ohm , and if you dont know what your doing , either dont do it or ask (politely)

WJM364

Wow, that's not a good attitude fella! Did you consider that maybe not everyone else owns a Trident so may not feel able to answer you? And how can they advise of a "better setup" when you have not explained how you set your one up in the 1st place! :P

To call fellow forum members "useless" because they didn't pander to your demands is a little dissapointing
                                                       Firstly i would like to offer my apologies, not just to (1). Scott, (2) itsmeitis, (3) a1laserboy, and jono7969      but everybody on the forum that may read the said comment.  Apart from being extremely upset with grief, once again i am sorry.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae

fair enough  8)

now - back to the original question and its really down to personal choice as to how you wind the coils.

you can look to videos posted about the forum or even wider afield to see how differing coils vary, but ultimately, there will be a likely sweet spot which offers the best of all constituents to you personally. i.e. visible vapour, flavour, and overall hit.

if you are content with the coil you have already, then a tweak in either direction should give you a feel for things and allow you to recognise if you're sacrificing say, flavour for vape or vice versa.

i personally like my coils to arrive somewhere in the region of 1.2ohm - 1.7ohms, though i more commonly use genesis or kayfun style wick based atomisers but with cotton wool.

i use ribbon or standard wire types, but as i mainly seek my desired resistance, i often have to alter the winds to reach optimal resistance in accordance with the wire used per coil.

WJM364

fair enough  8)

now - back to the original question and its really down to personal choice as to how you wind the coils.

you can look to videos posted about the forum or even wider afield to see how differing coils vary, but ultimately, there will be a likely sweet spot which offers the best of all constituents to you personally. i.e. visible vapour, flavour, and overall hit.

if you are content with the coil you have already, then a tweak in either direction should give you a feel for things and allow you to recognise if you're sacrificing say, flavour for vape or vice versa.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

i personally like my coils to arrive somewhere in the region of 1.2ohm - 1.7ohms, though i more commonly use genesis or kayfun style wick based atomisers but with cotton wool.

i use ribbon or standard wire types, but as i mainly seek my desired resistance, i often have to alter the winds to reach optimal resistance in accordance with the wire used per coil.
                     ►►►   Thank You very much for your help and advice, i'm alway open to this. i've never used ribbon wire, but have twisted some 28 Gauge kanthal, for the first time.  Its really nice to work with, came out at 1.3 ohms and used surgical gauze for wicking material.  I'm quite happy with it,

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma

Never heard of using surgical gauze before but sounds interesting! I guess you could roll it just as you would a mesh wick? Is that what you're doing?

WJM364

I've have attempted to post an image, of the two different kinds of surgical gauze i use. But with the restrictions size being 550KB per each individual image, i dont no how to do it. ( Why so small, i find very frustrating.)   Anyway usually roll my coils round a darning needle, but as you say,(quote..."I guess you could roll it just as you would a mesh wick.") i think this would be a great idea, i going to attempt it on my Steamboy RBA.

WJM364

Sorry i couldn't crop, edit whatever you call  making the picture smaller. If you click on the yellow WP 000_304.jpg. Then you get a proper picture of the surgical gauze.  If you can be arsed. Lol.   

ukric

• Platinum Member
  • Chasing Da Clouds

Re-sized pic

WJM364

Re-sized pic
                            Thank you very much for reposting my image ukric.  Much appreciated..    :thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up