Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: turncoat sellout launches scathing attack  (Read 10919 times)

sando_m1

• Failure IS an option. Just not a good one.
Re: turncoat sellout launches scathing attack
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2014, 02:22:34 AM »

no one is forced to reconvene their former smoking habit - there are alternatives above cigarettes, and beyond e-cigarettes - i have no reason to believe we weren't being advised to use those instead.

I'm not talking about someone who is 'forced to reconvene their former smoking habit' I'm talking about someone who currently has a smoking habit and has tried and failed to quit using NRT or Champix as I have myself. If I hadn't started vaping I would still smoke. Fact! I think 35 yrs of smoking and seven previous failed attempts using the aforementioned cessation aids qualifies my statement.
I'm sure there are more like me who will successfully make the switch. I'm also sure there are others who won't even try because of Choi's comment and what it implied. If even one person decides against switching to vaping because of what he said then that would be a tragedy.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2014, 02:31:18 AM »

i hear what you're saying and understand where you are coming from, but, the fact that people have now entered vaping as direct result of that program, does tend to qualify the fact that the program including any language open to misconception from vapers, did indeed bring people into the fold.

i haven't personally used those NRTs and neither would i ever need too no matter what the media, or indeed vendors or vapers might have us believe - if i ever had a wouldbe smoker enquire about vaping, but felt 'forced' to smoke by rhetoric outside the facts, i'd amply recommend a device such as my iolite or an equivalent, as the benefit is far greater than smoking and dispels any myth that smoking combustible tobacco is forced as the only viable option.

kondor101

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2014, 02:37:48 AM »

All I know is that the local Ecig shop was packed the next day.

But something confuses me about a vendor that did not like it posting about it.  You see, for those who missed the program I am sure they will be rushing to see it before buying from said vendor now that he has highlighted it.  So lets hope they like what they see or else it could be a mistake driving potential customers to seek it out.

I liked the program, and it left me feeling happy that I vape.  Watched The wright stuff this morning and the general conscientious about ecigs is still that smoking is worse.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 02:41:55 AM by kondor101 »

Daddy Cool

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2014, 02:40:36 AM »

Positives and negatives aside , this program should be seen as a stepping stone in getting vaping out of the closet and into the mainstream. Thats exactly what it's done and can only be a good thing . I personally know of a handful of people who are now interested in vaping due to ITV .  Folk will see through all that bollocks about the oil death .

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2014, 02:46:40 AM »

Positives and negatives aside , this program should be seen as a stepping stone in getting vaping out of the closet and into the mainstream. Thats exactly what it's done and can only be a good thing . I personally know of a handful of people who are now interested in vaping due to ITV .  Folk will see through all that bollocks about the oil death .

+1

and just to add, the oil theory of years back, did encourage us to frequently watch out for, and warn against, oil based liquids to newcomers as they arrived and years passed by.

if inclusion of the oil report, can discourage any wouldbe home mixer from naively using oil in their mix, then it has a positive outcome far beyond the possible outcome additional incident might cause to vaping, and vapers.

Daddy Cool

« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2014, 02:54:08 AM »

Yep so depending on how cynically we lean the oil issue could actually be viewed as a positive and a great service done by ITV to existing and would be vapers alike . It's easy to kick the **** out of everything when your angry .

Tippercow

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2014, 03:34:55 AM »

Oil as in oil based food flavourings?

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2014, 03:54:23 AM »

Yes - lorann oils, being prime example of how things can become unintentionally confusing and where complacency might bring adversity - their pedigree began long prior to the e-cigarette which they subsequently became commonly used in harmony with. so although a fantastic choice to flavour e-liquid, just by very virtue of their original name, the pointers become potentially misleading and simply by coincidence.

They produce both oil and none oil suspended flavours and so opens potential for misadventure and issue. preventable as those issues might be, there'll always be folk who mix their own fluid to vape with no need to be ignorant to harm which might become. seems sensible to allow useful pre-emptive advice and information to flow, as we can ultimately avoid troublesome oil based stuffs and limit the chance of incident or injury.

supermarkets too sell various 'food safe' flavourings, both PG or alcohol based, but they often also offer those suspended in or inclusive of oils.
always seek the ones devoid of oil in their ingredients list as those are unsuitable to consume via the lungs.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 01:04:50 PM by itsmeitis »

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
  • Strong In Body. Strong In Mind. And A Scum Lord.
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2014, 08:57:54 AM »

oooh lovely buns, lovely buns, great thread, keep it going    :slap

squid

• Platinum Member
  • anything thats cheap
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2014, 09:18:42 PM »

yoda tut lol

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2014, 09:45:08 PM »

:P - just 66cm tall Yoda is one of the most renowned and powerful Ged-i masters in galactic history. known for legendary wisdom, mastery of the force and skills in light saving combat.

Yoda served as a member of the Ged-i high council in the last centuries of the galactic republic and as grand master, oversaw the Ged-i order before, during and after the devastating clone wars.

in centuries of service to the galaxy and the force, grand master Yoda had a hand in the training of nearly all the Ged-i in the order, including many luminaries all of whom would come to serve on the Ged-i council along with him.

quite the accolade :P
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 10:54:20 PM by itsmeitis »

Gluggler

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2014, 12:10:33 AM »

LoL

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2014, 12:24:15 AM »

Gluggler

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2014, 12:24:50 AM »

By all means, keep posting Ged, just makes you look like a twat. Carry on as you were.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2014, 12:25:58 AM »

By all means, keep posting Ged, just makes you look like a twat. Carry on as you were.

thanks - but i'm not seeking your permission ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up