Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: turncoat sellout launches scathing attack  (Read 11235 times)

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
turncoat sellout launches scathing attack
« on: January 25, 2014, 08:32:18 PM »

today sees the launch of a scathing attack on the ITV show "The Rise of the E-cigarette" by contradictory vendor topjuice.

in his blog, presentad as a 'review', the turncoat vendor who incidentally wasn't approached to appear or advertise his wares in the show, published criticism of virtually every aspect.
similar examples are available in video presentations where we can view very critical analysis of items outside his own inventory of stocked product.

needless to say, the vendor who formally sought unsuccessfully to commandeer charge of the consumer association, is quite enraged with the main of, if not the full ITV show and despite the fact that many uninfluenced others found balance. perhaps we can see an altogether different edge when there is no lucrative incentive to viewing such show.

turncoats blag

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Re: turncoat sellout launches scathing attack
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 08:53:31 PM »

an excerpt from the blog reveals:

"Every single ITV news broadcast throughout the day carried a headline.
"World Health Organisation warnings over e-cigarette toxins"

Each news show carried a clip of Glenn Thomas, of the World Health Organisation, declaring that e-cigarette users inhaled dangerous toxins.

Not one single news item asked him for any evidence to justify this claim
"

i will personally answer that rather troubling but wholly accurate assertion by pointing to the recent claim by the very same critics trusty friend K Farsalinos, who does meanwhile confirm the presence of dangerous to inhale substances which are intended to be kept under wraps as "funding requests" dictate.

so ITV are in something of the way of agreement with publications pertaining to 'unknowns' and 'potential for harm' derived from e-liquids even without the bounty set by the 'Good Doctor'
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 09:22:45 PM by itsmeitis »

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 09:07:58 PM »

another excerpt:

"Using a 4 year old e-cig model that is no longer on sale, they managed to get the basic components wrong, and with information like this going out on television, it is no wonder the public are misinformed about electronic cigarettes."

granted the model was presented with quite a slip in the labels attributed to the component parts, but, "a 4 year old e-cig model that is no longer on sale" ?

where a UK vendor would produce a vicious blog today including such assertion, contrary to the fact that a member from this very forum could and did buy that same e-cig only last week, and from a prominent and very generally available UK source, it becomes true, it is no wonder the public are misinformed about electronic cigarettes
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 09:11:26 PM by itsmeitis »

sando_m1

• Failure IS an option. Just not a good one.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 03:50:35 AM »

The biggest problem I had with the program was the guy from WHO saying 'people should stop using e-cigs until we know what the effects are' (or words to that effect).

So, the overwhelming majority of users will be smokers who can't quit smoking, yes? In effect then, he is advising smokers to carry on using cigarettes, which we already know carry a major health risk, and we also know they contain thousands of toxic chemicals, a proportion of which are known carcinogens, instead of switching to a less harmful alternative? Even If ecigs only offered a 20-30% reduction in the risk of you developing a major health problem, then it still has to be beneficial in the long term to make the switch.

I made the switch 5 months ago and haven't touched a tobacco cigarette since. My breathing has improved to where I can inhale a lung-full of air without tightness in my chest. My sense of taste has returned. My skin looks healthier. I feel so much better all-round. I have also saved a fair bit of money even though I've spent a couple of hundred on vaping gear. So WHO the fk are you to tell me to stop?

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 09:41:34 AM »

The biggest problem I had with the program was the guy from WHO saying 'people should stop using e-cigs until we know what the effects are' (or words to that effect).

i'm not sure they the World Health Organisation did ask us to stop.

in short what he did clearly say was:

"the science behind e-cigarettes is not as yet demonstrated" - "we need more research on impact toward health" - "the toxins consumed have not been adequately researched."

those sentiments don't to me at least, add up to them asking me to smoke traditional cigarettes any more than when the same or very similar language can be heard coming out from those inside the industry.
where near same language is spouted just weeks earlier as grounds to encourage 'donations', it becomes clear that all sides of the divide believe problems do exist.

Fergus Mason

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 10:51:27 PM »

The "turncoat sellout" here is you. In all the time I've been aware of your online existence you've done nothing but snipe at e-cigs, giving a steady supply of ammunition to the people who want them banned. You're a disgrace, and I'm saddened to see yet another forum give you a platform for your petty, malevolent spite.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 10:59:42 PM »

apologies for upsetting you yet again Ferg, but i do have freedom to reply to the blog as substantiated with the detailed replies, i did previously have plenty respect for the guy, but as you well know the ITV show did offer lifesaving information beyond the confines of any general days events and i found it ironic that this Vendor should again shift his possition to condemn every aspect of it. its almost as bad as his recently supporting TVECA members after they sold the likes of you and i out - allegedly ;)

ukric

• Platinum Member
  • Chasing Da Clouds
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 11:03:09 PM »

Oh dear. The community fruit loop has arrived.

Fergus Mason

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 11:03:41 PM »

Oh, look who jumps to the Ged-i's defence. What a surprise.

ukric

• Platinum Member
  • Chasing Da Clouds
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 11:04:53 PM »

Oh, look who jumps to the Ged-i's defence. What a surprise.

Nothing to do with Ged at all.  I'd just like to welcome you to the forum..... ugh.

Fergus Mason

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 11:06:28 PM »

the ITV show did offer lifesaving information

What "lifesaving information" was that then? "Oooh, don't smoke them e-cig things, they're full of oil. My husband smoked one and he DIED!!!"

Choi's programme was a travesty. I'm sure you did like it, given your generally negative attitude to all but the most elitist subset of vaping, but could you maybe just give the internet a break from your childish snivelling?

Jordan

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 11:07:01 PM »

Always nice to see new members to the forum, shame that in this instance it was an account created for the sole reason to insult someone expressing their opinion on a publicly available blog.

Fergus Mason

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 11:07:35 PM »

Nothing to do with Ged at all. 

Sure you're not. You're always there when he needs support on UKV, too. You're practically joined at the rectum.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2014, 11:07:47 PM »

What "lifesaving information" was that then? "Oooh, don't smoke them e-cig things, they're full of oil. My husband smoked one and he DIED!!!"

with several expressing how the show as televised, has led them to vaping, i'd say the evidence is self explanatory ;)

Fergus Mason

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2014, 11:08:38 PM »

Always nice to see new members to the forum, shame that in this instance it was an account created for the sole reason to insult someone expressing their opinion on a publicly available blog.

Kind of pales into insignificance beside the way the Poison Dwarf slandered Matt Gluggles, doesn't it?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up