Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: ITV tonight at 7.30: the rise of the e-cigarette  (Read 5916 times)

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
Re: ITV tonight at 7.30: the rise of the e-cigarette
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 07:45:24 PM »

Sad, but ITV making some speculative connections here... viewing figures hey ho

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 07:51:14 PM »

It's just a shame that despite literally millions upon millions of pounds passed about the industry, no one could give a categorical rebuttal of the causes of that man's untimely demise.

Forward four years and it can still be presented as ongoing concern.

Big profits, little scientific research.

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 07:55:33 PM »

Absolutely, but a little journalistically lazy not emphasising that 30 years of fags might have had something to do with it rather than the fact he started eating kippers two weeks before he died started vaping 8 months before he died

Anyway, how long before they find this pic of an early juice testing facility

Oh FFS!!! just heard the "medicine" bull**** come in. Here we go...

a1laserboy

• frikkin lasers!
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2014, 07:59:04 PM »

The graphic showing an 'e-cig' showed the components back to front. Talking about oil in juice possibly killing someone. What a mess!

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2014, 08:00:02 PM »

they did emphasize "30 years of fags might have had something to do with it" - but Chris Choi isn't the one who took millions upon millions of pounds, hence it was never his responsibility to quash such suggestions with the adequate counter argument.

plus, it was the BBC whom initially published the news surrounding Terrys death when that occurred those many lucrative years back.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2014, 08:01:58 PM »

The graphic showing an 'e-cig' showed the components back to front. Talking about oil in juice possibly killing someone. What a mess!

'the oil', was well publicized and frowned upon at the time - shame the science is yet to be in place to counter that misconception as it resurfaced.

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2014, 08:12:26 PM »

You're right, saw that too, sloppy

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2014, 08:17:33 PM »

while i watched the program, i saw a balanced assessment reflective of how the industry itself portray vaping.

the difference here was that Chris Choi and ITV hadn't a lucrative award to gain.

"questionable unregulated products" -  that isn't a Chris Choi line, its a prominent vendors idea of how to garner profit from promoting distrust.

tonight could have been immeasurably worse had they simply retransmitted the industry approved video as aired via the internet but just a couple of months back - throw in the $23 000 ransom of last week, and vapers could have been fcked as of tomorrow.

emtronea

• Platinum Member
  • Official ECR Nutter
    • facebook
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2014, 08:49:18 PM »

i thought vttv 2 interview and 2 things wer mentioned, version 2 and 3 and that woman smoking threw 2 pregnacys  :violent now every1 knows bish  :finger

Grove

• It's not a clone, it's a coincidental likeness
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2014, 05:25:28 PM »

i watched the whole program and all i saw was one bloke saying they were a better alternative and loads more people saying negative stuff.

to be honest the program just annoyed me, especially that Choi bloke who was on VVTV and no doubt was given a ton of information by King Dave of Nowhere and then just ignored it and used a load of rumours spread round the internet.

and as for the fella who died, yeah maybe he had a reaction to the ecig that made him sick but the 30 years of smoking was probably the real reason, his wife i think just wanted somebody to blame.

and then i saw Cliffy, so not all bad eh lol

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2014, 05:28:25 PM »

main thing to consider is that the show offered out an advert for VVTV - that simple gesture alone, did pacify the mouthiest side of the critique.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2014, 05:50:27 PM »

here's how the show might have alternately aired:

the liquids are unregulated and use questionable ingredients - source: a prominent vendor and trusted trade association member.

some liquids are being copied using who knows what - source: a trusted Liverpudlian vendor with lovely café facility.

there are dangerous chemicals in e-liquid, but for 23000 dollars, i'll pop an article in a medical journal revealing which ones so they can be avoided - source: the Good Doctor as sponsored by fags and flavours

batteries do explode - source: ECCAs Captain birds eye.

we try to hide that batteries explode as our own objective is upset by allowing access to such facts. - source: 'A' & co

you have no comeback if it all goes wrong for thats how we roll - source: a trusted long-standing vendor/ trade association reject.

liquorice led me to a life long habit - source: the peoples representative.

excited to say, kids will love it for the sensation it provides. might even prevent them from uptake of fags. - source: the fit one from ggtv.

some call the journalism lazy; i'd go so far as to say they're lucky in that case.

see it could have been so, so so much worse had ITV relied on honest representation from the conceited inside the industry.
for this and many other reasons, i believe Chris Choi did make a remarkably balanced presentation by the show as did air.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 06:48:27 PM by itsmeitis »

Grove

• It's not a clone, it's a coincidental likeness
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2014, 06:13:43 PM »

One thing that did make me laugh though was when they got the battery and the atomizer the wrong way round.

How many people are going to throw the battery away now lol

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2014, 06:17:03 PM »

One thing that did make me laugh though was when they got the battery and the atomizer the wrong way round.

that was quite a slip; however for those who know how to use them, we'd already realise.

everyone else would have likely forgotten the diagram by the time they come around to buying their actual product and properly reading the provided instructions..

gruff

• Platinum Member
  • shapes of death, beset the path.
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2014, 11:15:49 PM »

Perhaps they got their diagram wrong on purpose. Who in their right mind would want a battery stuck in their gobs. The damage is done.
 I would've thought the tonight programme makers, scientists and the researchers had enough about them to checkout the final product before airing it to 10 million viewers.
For a documentary to fail on the basics of e cig design makes me wonder on the bigger issues they were trying to point out.
false information or misinformation?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up