Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Support arrives for the Trilogue  (Read 2350 times)

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Support arrives for the Trilogue
« on: January 20, 2014, 02:09:03 PM »

TVECA - the alternate trade association including huge names such as Flavour Art and Janty as well others, have seemingly published a statement accepting the text adopted of the EU/TPD trilogue.

of course this will not bode well with everyone as it is quite the compromise - it might be that their support was forcefully encouraged by increasingly draconian regulatory frameworks sought by the rival trade association in which text released from negotiation inside the EU, revealed startling desires to virtually medicinalise products and so bring a de-facto monopoly which would have excluded all but the protected few from supplying their industry.

"The Tobacco Vapour Electronic Cigarettes Association (TVECA), also on behalf of the electronic cigarette national associations of France (CACE), Germany (VdeH), Greece (SEEHT), Italy (ANAFE), Netherlands (Ecigbond), Poland (STEP) and Spain (ANCE), supports the text adopted during the trilogue on the 16th of December, although with a number of reservations. Representing the biggest share of the European electronic cigarettes industry, we are confident that the agreed provisions are a compromise that the industry can comply with. We encourage the Parliament to adopt the text with no amendments during the upcoming votes in the ENVI committee and at the Plenary in, respectively, January and March. We would like to use this opportunity to personally thank you for your efforts in reaching the trilogue agreement."

it is clear as alleged that this, and i quote "moronic" idea by TVECA is not supported by the lead of our consumer association whom i suspect have long had their investors best interests at heart.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 02:23:25 PM by itsmeitis »

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
  • Strong In Body. Strong In Mind. And A Scum Lord.
Re: Support arrives for the Trilogue
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 02:25:03 PM »

oh well 10ml bottles of juice it is then....to be honest i'm past caring about any of this rubbish that we have no control over,   it became very boring on certain forums months ago  :horse

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 02:46:56 PM »

personally, i would have liked to continue as we were prior to the never ending stream of jobsworths implicating the virtually unknown enthusiast market and presenting as if mainstream.

10ml only sizing is far from ideal for those of us whom discretely bought in litres, however that relatively low limit does allow growth for the cig-a-like giants. perhaps even the very breakthru they sought.

from a personal point of view, i'll be pleased to see halt to the becoming oligopoly as is, but it was very much 'in the bag' for those with vested interests and we as equivalent "roll our owners", were always destined to be collateral damage in the financial tussles determining the future of this very fruitful industry.

kondor101

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 03:00:12 PM »

I think big Ecig is acting as if it has reached some sort of compromise on behalf of the consumers, when in truth I think they got exactly what they always wanted.   
More individual sales at higher profit margins, stop the trade in bulk buys, and light regulation on quality "assurance" pitched at just the right amount to make it hard for new companies to start up in the exact same way they did, but easy enough that they can still sell the same stuff as they have always sold.

Basically, the consumers have been stiffed by big ecig that played a big game of black hat white hat, pointing at big tobacco and pointing at big pharma as the enemy. 

Every con needs a good distraction, so the penny does not drop until the deed is done.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 04:20:12 PM by kondor101 »

justin case

• FISH!
  • Diamond Member
  • Strong In Body. Strong In Mind. And A Scum Lord.
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 03:06:17 PM »

well as long as the feckers don't close the door on our china supplies i wont be worried.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 04:23:58 PM »

attempt is well underway to close that particular door - no TPD necessary in that regard, as its more often linked to those that that can, citing increased risk to health with every decline in their profit.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 06:53:19 PM by itsmeitis »

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 04:47:30 PM »

imagine - one day invoking clearstream, the next denouncing all involvement, as if the rewards depend on it  :argue

woodmans

• up in the downs of sussex
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 06:12:40 PM »

Just peeves me how poor the EU can behave when drawing up legislation......   :horse

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 06:23:43 PM »

i feel the limit was relatively good being that we could comfortably obtain 75mg nicotine in unlimited litre amounts with their blessing.

those acceptable limits might have been under no jeopardy had it not been for the vested interests of those with financial incentive to scupper our access.   
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 06:54:00 PM by itsmeitis »

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 07:05:01 PM »

here's a tune to listen too - pay attention to the lyrics as appear, but also offer a little attention to 1:10 seconds in - lol

the tune is the one backing Njoy TV commercials as run currently - we're expected to boycott them by supporters of TVECAs rival camp.

funnily enough, we're not being asked to boycott the brand which might display dishonest assertion of 40 cigs per cartridge.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 07:20:18 PM by itsmeitis »

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 02:47:54 PM »

certainly been most interesting how this development has spurred aspects of the industry into chaotic backtracking and confused denials - defecting like headless chickens.

suddenly, and i use the word lightly seeing as it is not so, it comes to light that leading vendors have been long aligned with companies more synonymous with cigarette products. information that has all been long publicised as available, is now been interpreted as some sudden new and formally unknown revelation by those most closely involved.

i only hope that the idiocy of accepting strategic alignment or worse 'donations', has finally hit home to those who view objections such as my own, as 'disruptive', as it could of course reflect almost as badly if it should ever transpire that consumer representatives were fronting an association bankrolled by those with commercial agendas to complete - it would be ever so more sinister if those donations were being masked, say as individual donations by the bigger interest vendor players of the e-cigarette industry.

40 fags per cartridge ? still ? how might that be continuing ?

and perhaps substantially more important, why would we not be called upon to boycott this inappropriate procedure in much the same way as so very easy to ask while pertaining to opposing camp ... ???

i feel it is only a matter of time before the cracks will open enough to expose the alliances that kept the sharks fed.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 03:21:07 PM by itsmeitis »

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 10:08:07 PM »

well - ECCA are riled - tonight the fit one from GGTV wrote:

"Yesterday we bore witness to what happens when greed takes over those who we assumed supported our aims. TVECA have shown themselves to be a destructive force to our cause and again, the Consumer Associations of Europe take a stand and this is our statement."

funny how ECCA believe there to be trade associations supporting ECCA aims - i always believed trade was trade and ECCA was derived form initialising 'consumer' interests.
certainly ECCA stood idly by as consumers bought into the equivalence claims, so i do wonder how they quantify their evolving version of 'greed'.

Pages: [1]   Go Up