Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mods.... MY first mod an, E.A. Mechanical Mod  (Read 5036 times)

WJM364

• From Manchester, now live with family in Brighton.
Mods.... MY first mod an, E.A. Mechanical Mod
« on: January 04, 2014, 05:15:33 AM »

I've only been vaping 6 weeks yesterday, am new on the forum.   I can't make up mind, what about AGI 2in1 Rebuildable Tank..            Is this CORRECT... I'm getting the  "E.A. Mechanical Mod". So if for EXAMPLEâ–º If use 18350, that is 3.7 Volts. An iClear 30 @ 2.1ohm.... The  power P in watts is equal to the squared voltage V in volts, (divided by the resistance R in ohms) ... So is that 6.5 Watts....   The lower the resistance in "ohs the coil" the higher the Watts.                               Any advice would be great..     8)

Capt12B

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • 30% of all fire deaths are attributed to analogs
Re: Mods.... MY first mod an, E.A. Mechanical Mod
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 06:33:11 AM »

Itsmeitis is much better at explaining the VW vrs VV than I am but I look at it like this. When I started vaping e cigs were 3.7 v device which in actuality meant that the voltage started off at 4.2 v when the batt came off the charger and dropped as the batt was used. Attys were also typically 2-3 ohms so as the attys became more used their resistance would go up and performance would drop. We tried to overcome this by stacking 2 smaller batts so we could run 6v which ether brought weak attys back to life or gave them a quick death. With VV, you set the voltage to where you want and it stays consistent irregardless of where the batt is with it's charged right up to its time to recharge the batt. Then as the ohms rise on the atty, you can compensate by increasing your voltage. Also now that we have rebuildable attys, I tend to set mine up at a point where 3.7v is just too much power so I can dial down the power with a VV device. VW works similarly in that you can dial it up or down to your sweet spot but unlike VV, a VW self adjust to maintain a specific wattage - this means that as the atty wears in and ohms rise, the VW will adjust the power to maintain the chosen wattage out put. Them math you were using may be correct, but really you just need yo decide if your going to run VV or VW and then start off low and dial it up to your sweet spot ;)

WJM364

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 07:37:08 AM »

Its more a problem on what  tank system and atomizer, for my new E.A  Mod-Mechanical. I just got on it, that the Vivi Nova @ Totally Wicked do             spare atomizers in 4 resistances, 1.8ohm is the lowest. This might be an option, need to do more homework.  I do like the Smok rsst to..                                             .         Thanks for the reply though Capt12B.               8)

Stewrat

• Platinum Member
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 12:49:05 PM »

The Capt's explanation is a goodun, however I wouldn't get too bogged down trying to work out the exact resistance etc. at this stage.

These are my findings to date -

- For a mech mod, as-is, I use 1.8 - 2.2 ohm resistance atty's. Higher resistance atty's have resulted in a lot less vapour/flavour

- If you add a kick to the mod you will have a lot more flexibility regarding the atty resistance because you can adjust the watts accordingly (http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10006524/1501000-variable-wattage-kick-module-for-mechanical-mod-pv). You would need an 18500 battery + kick to give the same length as an 18650 battery.

- The vivi nova would be a good tank to start with. They are easy to set up and you can re-build the coils. The RSST etc rebuildables can take a while to get right if you are not familiar with them, and the Vivi Nova would enable you to start using your mod pretty much straight away whilst you are fine tuning your rebuilding skills.

I hope this helps.

WJM364

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 10:19:13 PM »

This is brilliant Stewrat, just what i needed to know.  It will be a lot of trial and error, to re-build i guess but its something i will enjoy. There are lots of videos on YouTube, i've been watching loads. One guy i've been watching from the Philippines, is amazing a re-builds.                    Thanks alot Stewrat much appreciated mate.       8)

Stewrat

• Platinum Member
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 10:21:41 PM »

No probs.

Good luck  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up