Author Topic: MirageCigarettes E-Cig Giveaway!!  (Read 64026 times)

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Re: MirageCigarettes E-Cig Giveaway!!
« Reply #600 on: May 27, 2011, 01:22:45 AM »
Sadly, it appears that the tanks are too large to fit inside the atomizer, so we're emailing craig to see what to do.

i dont know if you got the same one as i did but the one i recieved had longer tanks that resembled the normal 510 tank ones but stretched.
wheras the normal 510 tank would hold around half a mil, the mirage one holds around double, so about 1 mil maybe a fraction more. the attys were 510 types but longer too.

obviously you know what you're doing so i expect you couldnt be inserting the tank backwards.

hope you get it sorted soon mate and if could possibly help at all by checking the one i recieved, then let me know.

good luck.

Offline CountryMick

• So good, you'll want to slap your grandma!
« Reply #601 on: May 27, 2011, 11:53:13 AM »
thats a bit odd mate :(

what kit did you win again?

To be honest (this is funny), I don't know what the name of the device is - no name is mentioned on the packaging, in the manual, or on the device pieces. It most resembles a EROS, but there are some distinct differences with the battery design that makes me unable to say for sure. Main difference is the manual button on this battery is black plastic that pokes out much like a riva, and a blue LED is actually at the base of the battery in a thin ring/band around the battery. No LED is on the underside of the battery.

It's definately a 510 tank system. I've seen it in it's lovely cellophane wrapping before giving it away :)

I've only had the problem described to me over the phone, so haven't seen it firsthand yet. I'll be calling Cliff up momentarily and see if I can stop by for a visit and take a look for him. If he is trying to put the tank cart in backwards I'm going to steal all his beer as newbie penalty :)

Offline CountryMick

« Reply #602 on: June 06, 2011, 11:39:52 AM »
Update on the giveaway kit:

*Finally* convinced my friend to just bring the device to me to take a look at it together, since he kept forgetting to send me photos of the tank carts and atty, and he brought it to work last night to have a look.

I was sincerely trying not to laugh as I took the tank cart my friend was trying to insert... and turned it around... and inserted the proper end into the atty for him :D

Cliff explained to me that since he's seen my ego tank every day with the flat tip end used as a mouthpiece, that the 510 tank was going to be the same way, and never thought to try inserting the other end into the atty. So I'm going to go confiscate his beer now  8)

Very happy that he's finally sorted out. Just wish he'd have let me take a look at the thing for him sooner though. He's now had the kit for 2 weeks and hasn't used it thinking he had the wrong pieces.

Going to have to share this with Craig at mirage - he'll probably get a chuckle.

Hopefully my next post on this thread will be how Craig's free kit has helped two heavy smokers get off the tobacco and clear the air at home for thier kids as well. Can't wait to hear from Cliff and his wife what they think of the different flavors I've mixed up for them (some tahiti lime, mint chocolate chip, and RY4 with some orange added)

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #603 on: June 06, 2011, 12:12:38 PM »
glad you got it sorted CountryMick. and a word of advice. if cliff ever telephones you claiming his dinner plates have shrunk, tell him thems cabbages not brussel sprouts.  ;D

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #603 on: June 06, 2011, 12:12:38 PM »

Offline CountryMick

« Reply #604 on: June 06, 2011, 02:45:28 PM »
nice, itsme!

Or could suggest just flipping the plate over to see if it's bigger then ;D

Good to stop in chat the other night with you and stevem - was a pleasant discussion!

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #605 on: June 06, 2011, 03:36:59 PM »
 :) @ CountryMick.

yes it was good to have a natter(chat) with you MIck. you'll have to come in chat a bit more often Mick. its a good old place to be when all the regulars are in there and on form.

Offline CountryMick

« Reply #606 on: June 07, 2011, 01:04:37 PM »
Well, seems that the old flip the cartridge around trick has worked wonders. Cliff has now gone a full 24 hours with absolutely zero cigarettes. He's since replaced his tobacco addiction to that of the mint chocolate chip nic juice :)

His wife will be trying it for the first time today. I think she will take to it like a ... FISH to water :P

Offline itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #607 on: June 07, 2011, 01:31:30 PM »
thats good news. they'll be fighting over it soon. :)

mint choc chip is nice. thats one flavour that i liked strait outta the bottle when i first bought pre-mixed.

E-Cig-Reviews.com - Forum

« Reply #607 on: June 07, 2011, 01:31:30 PM »

Offline CountryMick

« Reply #608 on: June 08, 2011, 11:15:00 AM »
Won't be fighting over it for the moment. His wife is being cautious (which is totally understandable, really) and in a wait-and-see-what-this-thing-does-to-my-husband-before-I-try-it mode. Which is cool. Hopefully one day she feels comfortable enough to give it a try. But Cliff's now gone 2 full days with zero cigarettes, and he's been a heavy smoker for 30 years. I'm chuffed for him :)

And mint chocolate chip seems to have become my go-to vape as well when at home and direct dripping. This stuff is amazing, and the LorAnn mint chocolate chip flavorant for DIY-ers is outstanding for anyone who wishes to mix their own. Think I picked up a full ounce of the flavorant for $6 US, but don't remember which website it was from.