Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Faulty e-cigarettes and market stalls.  (Read 2889 times)

vaper99

Faulty e-cigarettes and market stalls.
« on: September 19, 2013, 07:52:38 AM »

I should have known better, but it was benidorm, 20 euros, two 650mah ego-c's with clearomiser heads, charger and 20ml of liquid. The liquid was disposed of immediately. later on after charging the batteries a vape was tried, the battery heated so hot it near enough burnt my hand, if I hadn't of stopped it would have probably exploded, same story with the other battery, so ended up paying 20 euros for a charger, 2 clearo's and a case really, i opened up the battery casing and the problem was that I have never seen the inside of an ego like it, a rechargeable battery with both positive and negative connectors on the top, the negative had a spring on it which touched the casing, furthermore this battery was loose in the casing, basically it was shortfused and dangerous. Obviously I should have known better but **** happens. Now i know where all the the faulty ego's go. Benidorm market lol.

vaper99

Re: Faulty e-cigarettes and market stalls.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 07:56:45 AM »

The lol is because Benidorm market is the exact place things like this are more likely to turn up, on another note there is a vape shop which opened the week after I bought the kit.

analogueman

• It's 12 inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
Re: Faulty e-cigarettes and market stalls.
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 10:32:23 AM »

I should have known better, but it was benidorm, 20 euros, two 650mah ego-c's with clearomiser heads, charger and 20ml of liquid.

Caveat emptor...  or in other words, if it seems too good to be true, then it probably is.

I can't help thinking that as e-cig usage slowly becomes more widespread, you're also likely to see an increase in rejects and otherwise faulty goods turn up for sale cheaply in market stalls and car boot sales, both here and abroad, unscrupulously taking in the unsuspecting on the promise of a bargain.

My own rule of thumb is that by all means pick up the odd bottle of e-liquid from a stall on a whim. If it tastes like 'cats or gnats', then all you've lost is a couple of quid. But for any kind of kit, stick to the trusted vendors and retailers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up