Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Steeping ???  (Read 2141 times)

Daddy Cool

Steeping ???
« on: September 16, 2013, 11:55:23 PM »

Hi I've been buying pre-mixed liquids since I started vaping and now fancy a bit of DIY  :o been reading a lot of the posts in this section and keep coming across steeping I know what it is when it comes to dried peas  ;D but what exactly does it involve and what effect does it have ? cheers in advance  8)

Rocc

• The best tea is cold
Re: Steeping ???
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 02:06:51 AM »

Ok Daddy i have a few ways to steep juice for ya mate.
make up your juice and mix it very well then put it under your armpit for 22 minutes then take it out and uncap it and sing it a song. recap and replace it back under your arm and repeat this for 6 to 8 hours.
or you can mix up your juice and wait for your wife to fall asleep and sneak in and place the bottle under her boobies for the night just make sure to get it back before she wakes up.
i hope this help you mate ;D

SC_Sammy

• Provari P3, Shockwave, 2 Rollers, GP Paps V4
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 02:10:47 AM »

People do all kinds of things to steep their juice like hot water baths to sonic vibrations, I just mix everything in advance and throw the finished juices in a box for week or more.
Almost like wine, it gets better with time.  Up to a point that is.
See Rocc uses the sonic vibration technique.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 02:12:42 AM by SC_Sammy »

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 08:23:07 AM »

@Rocc big LOL  :D

I take the lid off and leave the opened bottle in the bathroom cupboard for a week or two. I don't premix (yet) but have found steeping to still be really helpful when using pre-mixed juice with high VG content - really helps the flavour

Rocc

• The best tea is cold
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 10:11:23 AM »

LOL sorry Daddy i just could not resist the temptation :o but i will say the armpit techniques is a proven method mate ;)

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 12:58:35 PM »

Personally, i think its all a bit of a crock. BUT, thats just my personal opinion and experience

Ive mixed juices before, left them, and they taste just as bad a week later as they did when i mixed them up! Now, dont get me wrong, im not saying that Steeping doesnt work, just for me, ive never noticed a change, other than the color of the juice...

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 01:19:36 PM »

I think Rocc's directions are the best yet.......

I never bother to steep my mixes....the only thing I have noticed is my Absinthe and anise mix clears after a few hours...it looks slightly opaque when first mixed then it clears.....

komg

• true story bro!
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 05:40:34 PM »

I have noticed that it affects different flavours differently. I have mixed some dv mango juice about a month ago and tried it the next day, it just wasn't nice so I left it in the box. It has since then changed colour to that mango amber yellow and i have tried it last night - it is delish! Been vaping it since. I think minty flavours don't steep much but fruity seem to do it quiet well.

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 08:59:41 PM »

I'd probably go with that komg too. The only juice I still steep (after experimenting with quite a few) was a 100% VG Blueberry I had, meant to be 100% organic too. It definitely changed the flavour after a couple of weeks and was absolutely lush after about a month. So that could be it being fruity so to speak or, that it was such a high concentration of VG. No idea but it worked

On straight PG or normal 70/30ish or other typical mixes I've never noticed a difference and gave up bothering
Pages: [1]   Go Up