Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bbc world service report  (Read 2840 times)

RebelPants

• From Each According to Their Abilty
bbc world service report
« on: September 09, 2013, 07:36:29 PM »

Lorna Stewart reports on the new and growing phenomenon of electronic cigarettes and asks if they really help smokers to stop smoking.
 Are they as safe as their manufacturers suggest?
Live now 7.30pm 9/9/13
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01g0ngc

analogueman

• It's 12 inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
Re: bbc world service report
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 12:14:40 PM »

RebelPants

• From Each According to Their Abilty
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 11:03:28 PM »

A couple of other links as well:

Electronic cigarettes 'could save millions of lives'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24914473

E-Cigarette Summit 2013
The Royal Society, London, UK, 12th November 2013
http://e-cigarette-summit.com/

sando_m1

• Failure IS an option. Just not a good one.
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 12:32:48 AM »

If a ban on vaping in public places comes into effect then so be it. As long as they dont over-regulate the sale of devices and juice, or worse still, ban them completely, I can deal with that. If you don't want me vaping next to you in Starbucks, Maccies or the pub then OK. Just don't try and stop me from doing it altogether and having to resort to the widely available known killer alternative that is tobacco.

I have a pack of gigs with 17 left in it that hasn't been touched since the 30th August along with the 1200+ approx that i would have smoked since then if I hadn't started vaping. I'm still a nicotine addict and have been since I was 9 years old, and I may well stay that way forever. But I choose to service my habit with a much less harmful alternative. Leave me be and I'll stay out of your way. Deal?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 12:52:13 AM by sando_m1 »

gruff

• Platinum Member
  • shapes of death, beset the path.
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 12:18:34 PM »

couldn't have put it better myself,well said mike.

Stonethecrows

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 07:12:12 PM »

If a ban on vaping in public places comes into effect then so be it. As long as they dont over-regulate the sale of devices and juice, or worse still, ban them completely, I can deal with that. If you don't want me vaping next to you in Starbucks, Maccies or the pub then OK. Just don't try and stop me from doing it altogether and having to resort to the widely available known killer alternative that is tobacco.

I have a pack of gigs with 17 left in it that hasn't been touched since the 30th August along with the 1200+ approx that i would have smoked since then if I hadn't started vaping. I'm still a nicotine addict and have been since I was 9 years old, and I may well stay that way forever. But I choose to service my habit with a much less harmful alternative. Leave me be and I'll stay out of your way. Deal?

Well said, fella.

gruff

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 09:47:06 PM »

ditch the 17 down the docks la, you've no need for them anymore, 3 moons without a ciggy is testament to your resolve. get rid of the stinkers.

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 09:52:13 PM »

ditch the 17 down the docks la, you've no need for them anymore, 3 moons without a ciggy is testament to your resolve. get rid of the stinkers.

or pop 'em in the bin like any other normal person might - ;)

i carried on buying my normal smoking supplies when i began vaping. watched it build up until near the first Christmas, then traded it in for a nice mod.
i still got one un-opened full pack from several years ago too - nice to keep and can always be traded for a nice bottle of e-liquid, or funds to that effect.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 10:03:38 PM by itsmeitis »

sando_m1

• Failure IS an option. Just not a good one.
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 10:54:29 PM »

I dont expect I'll ever need them to be honest. I see them more as a sort of trophy of my success so far. The thought of smoking tobacco just doesn't appeal to me. Which is testament to the power of vaping and the need to convert. 3 colleagues converted so far and more to follow hopefully!

gruff

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 01:11:54 AM »

try one, after a few months of vaping  they taste like sh1t. chemical death sticks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up