Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Something to do...  (Read 34865 times)

zarf

• Tin-foil milliner wonders what happened to avatar?
Re: Something to do...
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2013, 12:41:14 AM »

make a tatty one and call it The Eddy :P

tagline: "The Eddyfice" - built by Eddy

ukric

• Platinum Member
  • Chasing Da Clouds
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2013, 12:43:21 AM »

Make two, call one wing and the other prayer

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2013, 12:46:01 AM »

I was thinking along those lines Ric! :)

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2013, 01:21:52 AM »

??

ukric

• Platinum Member
  • Chasing Da Clouds
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2013, 01:31:12 AM »

mmmmm interesting idea

Cerberus

• Platinum Member
  • Pro cloud chaser
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2013, 07:25:53 AM »

Like the hope one.

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2013, 08:27:03 AM »

Awesome stuff Eddy. I like the Faith and Hope. Not so sure about the word "chance" tho

Wouldn't braising stuff onto the wood risk being rubbed off or at least lose its definition with prolonged handling? I don't know anything about this stuff so soz if a stoopid question

I reckon number somewhere on the metal base myself. But yep, looking brilliant. How good are they to vape?

funkybunch

• Diamond Member
  • More mods than I need, less than I 'need'
    • Funkybunch's redbubble page
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2013, 09:15:08 AM »

You could do a low budget one and then the range could be.................Faith, Hope & Charity ;)

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2013, 09:51:37 AM »

Are your mods 'Jackal' as in the dog?

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2013, 10:56:25 AM »

Hi Fiona, yes indeed! :)

Well, it was going to be Faith, Hope & Chalice, but we already have a Chalice so that was out of the question, and Chance popped into my head! Another word for Chance?

The serial numbers will be on the SS part of the base as i think thats the best place for it, with regard a "brasied logo rubbing off" it could probably be the case to be honest, although if it was a "deep" braise it should be more hardwearing i think (hope!)

As for how they vape, ive used a handfull of devices, nothing overly expensive mind you and it keeps up, if not better and is my current "goto device".

I used an aluminium mod and was wowed by how good it was in terms of "kick" lol so wanted to replicate it in a manner and design that suited me more than anything and this was the result, no diagrams or designs, just stood at a lathe and saw what happened! LOL :D So yeah pretty good vape really, but as Scott would say "its all down to the way its setup rather than the device itself!", there are a few "teething" troubles that i need to sort out, but other than that, working brilliantly :)

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2013, 11:25:07 AM »

Cool.....BTW you know we were on about bottom feeders....I was wondering if the needles for the syringes would work for the feeding..they come in different sizes and are SS.....just a thought :)

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2013, 03:11:26 PM »

The Trials and Tribulations of making a mod...

So, today i recieved some new orings, white, red and blue ones, in 2 sizes, 9/16" and 5/8"

I opted for the 5/8" as these seemed to be the better fit, so set out to recut my oring grooves, went well, cut fine, tested glass, cracked....anyway, cut another length, ground it down, recut oring groove to allow a little more room, overcut it, too loose. So, had to make another top section for the atomiser, came out great, drilled holes for wick, negative and fill hole, tapped the negative hole, all good. Cut oring grooves tested a tank, cracked, ran out of glass tubing.

I had some off cuts of glass, so i could use these just to test, recut oring groove and ended up going too deep and cutting into the wicking hole, through the piece in the bin, walked away from my lathe for the day. Furious, frustrated and ready to throw the lot up the wall.

Tips - Dont buy a lathe and make a mod, it'll ruin your life. You'll sit and think about it, day in, day out, it'll keep you up at night, and even when you have one that works, you still wont be happy and want to alter it and set out to get better, only to ruin any further advances in production.

Ordered more tubing should be here tomorrow, along with some smaller orings, so i dont have to cut the grooves as deep. I have over 100 color orings now, in various sizes, if anyone wants some, let me know. Not sure if they'd be any good to anyone though as the sizes arent standard really, but again, im sure they'd fit somethings! :)

Moral of the story - When annoyed, fed up and ready to throw the towel in, dont get down about it, take 5mins, revaluate the situation, laugh at pathetic people and carry on....

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2013, 03:19:14 PM »

perfection is gonna demand the making of a few mistakes along the way - you'll learn and gather experience from the occasional mishaps, but the eventual turn out will be better for it.

chin up and plod on Eddy 8)

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2013, 03:36:04 PM »

Thanks Ged, its such a bummer and real downer when **** goes wrong, lol spend hours stood there, for one thing to ruin it.....in a matter of seconds, my Dad always said "Measure twice cut once" it makes sense.....lol :)

Ill carry on tomorrow, got some other "easier" bits to make, like some nice brass buttons in the meantime, i have the mod "tubes" made up and ready, they're a joy to make, ally is like button, and wood is fun :D lol so i can get those bits finished, and start making the atomiser bases and the packaging! (CANT WAIT TO DO THE BOXES FOR THEM!) oooosh so elegant (at least i hope anyway)

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2013, 04:13:21 PM »

A true artist will make mistakes....One not so good will 'make do'  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Up