Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Something to do...  (Read 34989 times)

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
Re: Something to do...
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 11:54:04 PM »

Me to Zarf, so your guess it as good as mine! Ive used Kiln dried Spalted beech for that one, but have many other wood blanks on the way, im planning on doing another beech one, but staining it, and adding gloss Varnish to finish it off, that should protect it against hands/oils/grime etc! :)

Jaded

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ןǝxıd
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2013, 08:52:42 AM »

Thanks Bob :D got some Walnut on the way, along with Ebony, Babinga and some other woods......i also have the atty in mind to.... :)

I picked up a Bubinga Touchwood at Vapefest - it's lovely wood:

Ian (Mr Touchwood)'s top tip is to use teak oil to improve the tactile feel and bring out the grain...

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2013, 11:37:30 AM »

Thanks Nick, last 2 pics :)  with an RSST by the way and a Jackal Drip Tip (thats covered in crap and needs a clean! been a long day!) :)

Now we're talking.....What a great piece of work.....I'll buy one if you decided to make any more...But I'd rather commission you to make a wooden bottom feeder  :P

And, nice one Jaded...Lovely colour and grain  ;D

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2013, 12:32:42 PM »

Fiona, i will be making a few of these to those that want them on ECR, amongst a few other personal requests on facebook, you will truly have a one off piece as every piece of wood is different! I have some lovely bits on the way including ebony and Walnut.

ANYWAY, im finishing off these drip tips, then ill get on and make something that id be proud to put my name to, post some pics, and if anyone is interested, id be happy to make them :) Hybrid genny et all

ukric

• Platinum Member
  • Chasing Da Clouds
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2013, 12:38:04 PM »

Silica?

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2013, 01:24:46 PM »

I'm up for one of the wooden mods...... Just say, and the deals done lol

zarf

• Tin-foil milliner wonders what happened to avatar?
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2013, 01:27:12 PM »

Many thanks for that pic of your  'Bubinga' Touchwood, Jaded. Looks excellent.
(If not too much trouble, could you indicate its approximate dimensions, please?  height, width, broadest depth, depth along firing button axis...)
ps. That atomiser/adapter you show on it looks fine, too. Which ones were you using in that pic?

http://touchwood-ecigs.com/ ---> select 'photos' page for more pics showing how Touchwood uses an external brass 'skeleton' to remove all structural stress from the wood. Simple. Elegant. Wood. (I like elegant. I like wood. I love simple.)

Sadly, I suspect that the Touchwoods cannot be 'kicked' - as I see is no way to ground the 'kick'. (a small metal sleeve under, and linked to, the 510 connector might address that, I think)
Yes, I know I said 'I love simple' and then go and harp on about a 'kick'. The "reason" for my liking the 'kick' is that I find I get a burnt taste from many e-juices on low-res coils, so limiting system power works - for me (along with avoiding building sub-1.4ohm coils, too). More importantly, I've found that I deplete my 18350 cells too far (sometimes down to 2.5v - which is not good) on my Sig8w in its small config. The Sig8W in smallest mode is my preferred mod when out, because of  my hands' limitations. (I can't really 'do' bottom-button mods above 18500 size)

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2013, 04:15:55 PM »

Ive broke my RSST, and now, i have nothing to vape on. No backup devices (they are on loan to a friend to which, i cant take back now lol)

Anyway, this has forced me into starting a genesis atty....wish me luck. May not be on chat this eve, if i am, chances are things didnt work out too well, alternatively, it could be the dogs and ill be very happy! LOL :D

funkybunch

• Diamond Member
  • More mods than I need, less than I 'need'
    • Funkybunch's redbubble page
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2013, 04:27:31 PM »

Thanks Bob :D got some Walnut on the way, along with Ebony, Babinga and some other woods......i also have the atty in mind to.... :)

I picked up a Bubinga Touchwood at Vapefest - it's lovely wood:

Ian (Mr Touchwood)'s top tip is to use teak oil to improve the tactile feel and bring out the grain...

That looks stunning. I kicked myself that I didn't get back to Ian's table, I was going to gt a mini this year (insert facepalm smiley here)

Fiona

• Global Moderator
  • Diamond Member
  • I dont like cold tea!
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2013, 05:16:36 PM »

The opposite for me...I wanted to get the 18650....Maybe next year eh?

Grove

• It's not a clone, it's a coincidental likeness
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2013, 05:20:40 PM »

Ive broke my RSST, and now, i have nothing to vape on. No backup devices (they are on loan to a friend to which, i cant take back now lol)

Anyway, this has forced me into starting a genesis atty....wish me luck. May not be on chat this eve, if i am, chances are things didnt work out too well, alternatively, it could be the dogs and ill be very happy! LOL :D

How in the he'll do you break an RSST?

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2013, 05:21:29 PM »

gotta be the attempt at making the hole larger

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2013, 05:38:28 PM »

remember the discussion about removing the "point on the centre post"? Yeah well, i did, whilst it was in situ, melted the threads on the insulator and now wont make contact with the 510 connector. Dumb ass thing to do really, but thats what happens when you're an impatient bugger like me! :) lol oops.

Grove

• It's not a clone, it's a coincidental likeness
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2013, 06:05:22 PM »

remember the discussion about removing the "point on the centre post"? Yeah well, i did, whilst it was in situ, melted the threads on the insulator and now wont make contact with the 510 connector. Dumb ass thing to do really, but thats what happens when you're an impatient bugger like me! :) lol oops.

yeah you probably should have taken it apart first lol

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2013, 07:37:10 PM »

yeah figured as much! LOL

Anyway managed to get it working, i have a lathe, loads of bits and pieces so thats that tragedy sorted.

Started an atty....so far 3 hours has got me a hybrid base, a centre pole/post and an oring groove ready for some glass! lol :)

WIP pics to follow, there will be a few so be ready (for anyone interested anyway!)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up