Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rebuilding n00b questions :)  (Read 1051 times)

SpookyMunky

rebuilding n00b questions :)
« on: July 27, 2013, 05:01:59 PM »

Hey guys, sorry for being MIA for the last 6month or so heh..life.. sigh :).. I was looking around to buy new attys for my vivis / m3s / protanks / evods.. etc etc the other days and the price was kinda scary, figured it was maybe time I started rebuilding so googled around for a bit and came across http://www.vape-atomizer-mesh.com/index.html    ... I ordered 10m kanthal 30 guage and 10m of 32 guage.. 5m of silica wick (2mm and 2.5mm).. 1m ekowool and the delivery just arrived an hour ago or something. I have a few questions :p

So far I have just been testing out rebuilding vivi nova 2.5 heads (from ukecigstore or something.. I know there's a lot of different vivis hehe) and I guess I realise its not as simple as I thought. I'm not sure where I went wrong with the first 4 attempts, just the coils weren't glowing.. was trying 5 wraps of the 30 guage and aiming for somewhere in the 2-3 ohms range. Was that just a bit ambitious of me for 1st time coil or am I just being dumb ? :D.. as far as I can tell the coils I made were pretty much decent, not shorting out (in the coils atleast) and my itaste v3 was saying they were around 2.5 ohms or so, all the heat must have been inside the attys though I guess.. the wires going towards the coils ?...  I gave up and did a 4 wrap thing  (4 turns of the wire looking down at the head instead of 5) and that lit up fine giving me 1.5 ohms, I feel defeated tho. I suppose I should be trying the 32 guage for higher resistance anyway ?.... hmmmm :D

My other question is emm, how safe should my lovely itaste v3 feel with my messing around doing this ?.. lol.. I'd hate to kill it since I'm already down a 900mh ego and a 650 ego twist this month.. twist was 100% my fault : mental note.. ecigs and washing machines don't go well together :D. Should I buy a proper ohm checker and a mechanical mod for this kinda stuff or just trust in the electronics inside itaste that supposedly stop it from exploding actually working ? hehe

That's about it, any advice that isn't covered in those questions would be highly appreciated since I dunno what I'm doing ;).

As far as the website that I ordered from goes, I honestly couldn't be happier. I have no real idea what the going rate is for wire etc, they seemed cheap tho and I love their way of measuring things ! haha.. I didn't think to measure the 1m packet of wick I opened .. after 5 atty attempts though I have over 2.1m left, rofl.. I love that. They also gave me I guess another 10m of mystery wire.. has no writing on it and I didn't order it hehe, love free stuff :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 05:15:37 PM by SpookyMunky »

Nick Brown

Re: rebuilding n00b questions :)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 07:22:14 PM »

Yeah, the vape mesh company is very generous with it's stock. I got an extra 5m of .3 mil wire and 2 sheets of 200 gage mesh. I really must get round to thanking them. :D

SpookyMunky

Re: rebuilding n00b questions :)
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 11:13:44 PM »

hehe, I sent them an email earlier saying thank you, pretty rare occurrence for me sadly.. too few companies throw in free stuff imho so I felt the need to encourage it, puts a smile on ya face :D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 11:18:05 PM by SpookyMunky »
Pages: [1]   Go Up