Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Help me out....  (Read 7270 times)

itsmeitis

• Diamond Member
  • lapsus linguae
Re: Help me out....
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 04:27:40 PM »

probably not easy or practical to create a twisted wire while using ribbon - but - it should probably work to have two runs which come into contact with each other at various points.

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 11:09:23 PM »

Ok, went with 2 coils on 1 wick. Bit fiddly to get setup, but got it down to .8ohm :)

Worked out pretty well to be honest, the only problem i have now is my wick, wicks too well and have to have it vertical otherwise it floods.....Moan if it doesnt wick, moan when it wicks too well, no winning with me! lol

Thanks for help guys :)

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2013, 08:54:58 AM »

Any chance of a pic eddy? I'm curious about this ribbon and sorting the resistance thing myself

How come it's wicking too well? Is it the more wire the better they wick then?

Gazrick

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2013, 09:07:22 AM »

Any chance of a pic eddy? I'm curious about this ribbon and sorting the resistance thing myself

How come it's wicking too well? Is it the more wire the better they wick then?

Wicking will depend on the wick and it being rolled well.. The ribbon will perform better as its flat so effectively has more surface area and heats more of the wick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2013, 09:28:39 AM »

Thanks Gaz, that's what I thought but was just curious if eddy had any tips or things to avoid particular to his experience of it. I want to get some of this ribbon and I know he uses AGA T2's same as me so he might save me some grief lol

Gazrick

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2013, 09:53:41 AM »

Me too to be honest, I'm slowly going away from genesis because I'm not very good with them but want to be 😊

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2013, 09:59:24 AM »

Me too to be honest, I'm slowly going away from genesis because I'm not very good with them but want to be 😊

Me neither, just can't seem to get the gennys working with my mech mods properly - just don't seem to pack any punch. I still don't think I've got the resistance thing sorted out properly. Guess I'm hoping the ribbon wire might come to the rescue  ;D

Gazrick

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2013, 10:10:13 AM »

Me neither, just can't seem to get the gennys working with my mech mods properly - just don't seem to pack any punch. I still don't think I've got the resistance thing sorted out properly. Guess I'm hoping the ribbon wire might come to the rescue  ;D
I'm exactly the same, loads of vapour but the throat hit seems to lack but when on a vv mod at lower voltage it seems fine 😖😖

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2013, 11:20:15 AM »

Hey guys will get some pics in a moment, getting it right takes a bit of fiddling, but oh so worth it!

My AGA T2 has 2 coils of 0.3x0.1 kanthal ribbon, wrapped in the SAME direction just not touching and it vapes...well like a train! Just have to keep it upright due to it wicking a bit too well, ANY tipping and it floods like mad....resistance on this is about 0.8ohm

The RSST I got this morning has 1 wrap of 0.3x0.1 kanthal ribbon and a wrap of 0.2 kanthal wire, resulting in 1ohm

Both of which vape REALLY well, i prefer the look of the RSST against the AGA T2 (the polycarb tank lets it down though, and i find the wicking hole too big (if there is such a thing!)).

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2013, 11:28:52 AM »

AGA T2 first, then the RSST :)

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2013, 11:33:57 AM »

And an image of the RSST on the Sigelei 19

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2013, 10:05:48 PM »

They all look brilliant Eddy, nice one and cheers. I'm guessing you tie of your two pieces of kanthal and then wrap them both at the same time - one turn each? Either way, does sound hard but deffo up for giving this a go when I get some ribbon

On your T2 - it looks like you've got rid of one of the nuts and put a washer in there instead?

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2013, 11:12:34 PM »

Yeah i removed one of the nuts and put 2 washers and trap the coil between, just to cut out any hot legs that may appear! :)

I wrap the 2 coils seperately, bit fiddly, as once you have one coil done, then add another, the 1st one tends to pop out from negative post lol, bit of patience and it gets done eventually, and like i said, works like a charm! Very happy with my RSST setup now :)

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2013, 12:11:57 AM »

Yep, got to get some of this ribbon stuff and give this a go. Cheers bud

eddy-r3

• Web Jazzler
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2013, 03:36:51 PM »

So, been fiddling with the AGA T2 and the RSST recently, i just cannot get on with the RSST i find it really difficult to get right as opposed to the RSST, no idea why either! Frustrating just isnt the word for it :(

I like the RSST and looks great on my sig 19, just doesnt work for me, so really, im sticking with the AGA T2 for the time being.

ANYWAYS, managed 2mins on lathe and took that awful chamfer off the top cap of the sig 19 so my aga sits flush, looks a lot better now :)  just need to sort a brass firing pin out, then get some balls and spend the time polishing it up! lol

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up