Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Protank and evod rebuilding  (Read 8513 times)

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
Re: Protank and evod rebuilding
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 10:49:04 AM »

VAMO!  :D

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2013, 10:50:21 AM »

Great tutorial Whistler! Bookmarking this - will deffo be helpful for when I have a bash at it thanks :)

How many times can you re-do one of those heads do you reckon before they become unuseable?

Whistler

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2013, 11:06:01 AM »

The only thing that will degrade is the rubber bung. So as long as your nt scorching it then many many many rebuilds. I have done only 6 on each head so far but bung looks good :)

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2013, 11:42:53 AM »

Cheers mate

Stewrat

• Platinum Member
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2013, 04:59:12 PM »

Thanks for the tutorial, very useful.

I can't see any reference to the additional flavour wicks that I have in my Evod atty heads. Did you leave them out? and if so is it just as good without?

Cheers.

Whistler

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2013, 05:15:25 PM »

Thanks for the tutorial, very useful.

I can't see any reference to the additional flavour wicks that I have in my Evod atty heads. Did you leave them out? and if so is it just as good without?

Cheers.

To be honest forgot to put that into the tutorial. For reference I use 1 strand of 1mm as a flavour wick. Some do refer without but I don't like spots of hot juice I my mouth lol.

Alternatively take a couple of strands of unwound 2mm and put it on top if you have no 1mm wick

Stewrat

• Platinum Member
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2013, 05:29:28 PM »

To be honest forgot to put that into the tutorial. For reference I use 1 strand of 1mm as a flavour wick. Some do refer without but I don't like spots of hot juice I my mouth lol.

Alternatively take a couple of strands of unwound 2mm and put it on top if you have no 1mm wick

OK Cheers. I had a go a week or so (before your tutorial came out, so I don't feel guilty using anothers  :D). Resistance was about 2ohms, which is similar to the ready made evod atty heads which work a treat of a standard 3.7 v battery. Only problem was that I was getting hardly any vapour / flavour. I went up to 4.4v on a VV Gripper but not much improvement.

It's probably me because I have had no joy whatsoever with any home built coils ... yet.

Whistler

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2013, 05:31:05 PM »

OK Cheers. I had a go a week or so (before your tutorial came out, so I don't feel guilty using anothers  :D). Resistance was about 2ohms, which is similar to the ready made evod atty heads which work a treat of a standard 3.7 v battery. Only problem was that I was getting hardly any vapour / flavour. I went up to 4.4v on a VV Gripper but not much improvement.

It's probably me because I have had no joy whatsoever with any home built coils ... yet.

Sometimes it take a tank or so for the wick to settle in.

Stewrat

• Platinum Member
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2013, 05:35:46 PM »

I haven't given up with it. I will probably change the flavour wicks. I also noticed that when I cut off one of the bits of wire, there was 2mm or so sticking out which may be affecting airflow.

Either way, I won't be beaten by an Evod!

Whistler

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2013, 05:41:54 PM »

Show that evod who the boss is!

Stewrat

• Platinum Member
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2013, 08:53:09 PM »

If I have any more trouble with it, I'm gonna place it in the road and whack it with the branch of a tree, like Basil Fawlty  ;D

Whistler

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2013, 08:54:51 PM »

If I have any more trouble with it, I'm gonna place it in the road and whack it with the branch of a tree, like Basil Fawlty  ;D

Oh good video that if it happens. I hope you would do the crazy shouting too

1 year vaper

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2013, 06:43:43 AM »

hi,mate i bought a voltmeter and im reading 2ohms so that"s what i thought its because this  ****t  of battery innokin itaste never gives you the same reading .thanks any way.     

Whistler

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2013, 10:41:26 AM »

hi,mate i bought a voltmeter and im reading 2ohms so that"s what i thought its because this  ****t  of battery innokin itaste never gives you the same reading .thanks any way.   
Glad you got it figured out

Ceetee

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2013, 04:06:33 PM »

Iv'e been trying to do my own coils as it looked pretty easy and couldn't seem to settle on what to do, tried recoiling the same as a bought one, 6 wraps, but it wasn't the same throat hit and tasted too hot like when you smoke with a sore throat,lol.
Tried with 5= 1 .8 ohms, 6=2 ohms, 7= 2.6 ohms, none of these seemed to work very well at all, even with the 900mah Ego VV battery, I tried again with only 4 wraps = 1.4 ohms and it is vaping a good un as I'm typing this.

My successful method with the protank seems to be 4 wraps(I use a cocktail stick to wind on, fit the coil, then pull the stick out and thread the wick through the coil) @ 1.4 ohms with a 2mm wick, 2x1mm flavour wicks side by side, battery set on the middle voltage, seems to be the best for me with the juice I'm using, coffee flavour and Turkish flavour from Post modern @ 24mg cut down to 18mg with some added vg @ 20%, 4% disstilled water, 30 ml becomes 40ml so I am now happy.   
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up