Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: RBA resistance - Segelei 19b -v- Vamo: the "diz fix" really  (Read 10745 times)

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
Re: RBA resistance - Segelei 19b -v- Vamo: the "ilegal fix"
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2013, 12:02:32 AM »

Fair point, you're right you can adjust the back plate that the spring is screwed into out so that would sort that. Only two slight problems there might be the extra tightness on the battery, but I guess you could compress the top spring a little if needs be. And, how much threading it would leave in the connector - if there'd be enough

I don't know, I'll think about it. I'll be doing it by hand so I'm not sure I'd be able to take the whole top down neatly if you know what I mean. I wouldn't want to do mess it up. If you've any tips how I could get it done evenly I just might give it a bash

Jimmy

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2013, 12:36:58 AM »

I would just do it slowly by hand to get it even  although I don't have any experience so I could be talkin ****e haha. I'll have another look for that thread tomorrow I'm sure I seem it on ukvapers or aaec.
I think you could do away with the spring all together if you put a long enough bolt in the top cap then it wouldn't matter about the battery compression. The original top cap for the 19 had a magnet in in todds review not a spring and that's what ppl were doing to modify it and get rid of the magnet

diz

• Black or Grey
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2013, 12:58:38 AM »

I ground my top cap down with a stone dremel bit in a pillar drill. It took ages!

I've done away with my spring and that spring screw, since the telescoping nature of my 19B means I can fit my 18650s nice and snug by adjusting the length of the telescope. I don't know what would happen with an 18350 though, since I don't have any.

Jimmy

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2013, 01:04:32 AM »

Ah yours is the 19b top cap. Mines the A was thinking of buying that cap from vapegear. Does all your attys sit flush now?
Will you put a pic on with an atty on so I can have a look it might be easier than trying to sand the A's top cap right down

Cheers

Jimmy

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2013, 01:11:17 AM »

Another option would be to buy the fusion sg1 hybrid mod as well I suppose

http://www.vapesquad.com/review-the-fusions-sg-1-hybrid-kit/

diz

• Black or Grey
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2013, 01:31:53 AM »

Ah yours is the 19b top cap. Mines the A was thinking of buying that cap from vapegear. Does all your attys sit flush now?
Will you put a pic on with an atty on so I can have a look it might be easier than trying to sand the A's top cap right down

Cheers
Yup it is the 19b. Sorry, I didn't realise that this wasn't the one being discussed. It does allow for flush fitting, although my AGA-T still manages to look a bit "functional" on it.

The great thing is now it refuses to misfire and has become much easier to use now the switch modification provides electrical connection to the plunger part of the switch via the spring.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 01:37:02 AM by diz »

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2013, 08:21:22 AM »

Looks good Diz  :)

I'm going to have a go sanding the connector fitting down on my 19b too. Will try grab some wet and dry today

That fusion thing's interesting but you'd end up losing a good few grams without the head and I quite like the chunky weight. I don't if I would be so comfortable letting an atomiser sit directly on top of a battery either - attys do leak juice so is it really safe?

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2013, 02:07:14 PM »

Hey Jimmy, stuck a piece of the copper from Diz in the post for you - sorry about the pink address label - it's my little girl's post-its and first thing that came to hand lol

I even recycled Diz's envelope!

In a1laserby style, here's a picture hahaha

Jimmy

« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2013, 05:24:52 PM »

Hey Jimmy, stuck a piece of the copper from Diz in the post for you - sorry about the pink address label - it's my little girl's post-its and first thing that came to hand lol

excellent mate thanks

Jimmy

« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2013, 09:25:18 AM »

That copper sheet arrived yesterday mate stuck a piece on and it's working great thanks for that. How you getting on with yours?

Mev

• Spanking-D-Monkey
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2013, 12:07:40 PM »

It does sort the firing problem for sure and great idea.

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2013, 11:13:47 PM »

That copper sheet arrived yesterday mate stuck a piece on and it's working great thanks for that. How you getting on with yours?

Hey, nice one it got there so quick. I'm just hanging fire with mine - no post yesterday etc so fingers crossed for tommo. Went to the local tool shop thinkning I'd get some wet and dry but no joy - bought some off Amazon in the end

Glad to hear Mev's sorted it with the washer!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up