Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: RBA resistance - Segelei 19b -v- Vamo: the "diz fix" really  (Read 11274 times)

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
Re: Trying to understand RBA resistance - Segelei 19b -v- Vamo
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 10:30:32 PM »

@JImmy, do you mean this one? http://www.ivapour-elixir.co.uk/bb-hot-spring.html

Reb, don't know then, mine's deffo sparking - tiny little flashes (and I'm not losing it either before you ask). Got to be pretty much total dark and wiggle the button around while you're firing and looking at it from the bottom of the mod..

RebelPants

• From Each According to Their Abilty
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 10:31:25 PM »

The battery used was a flat top with no nipple(yes I said it  :P).
Dunno if this might be of significance.

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 10:34:09 PM »

Don't know, but I was thinking about Diz's post and why mine started firing better and I bet it was the grease and tiny swarf or whatever that was creating a bit of a contact barrier. I think this is why people maybe have had some success doing the threads with noalax - I think Capt said he'd done that on his and it had improved the firing

RebelPants

• From Each According to Their Abilty
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 10:39:17 PM »

Yeah I certainly have not added any Grease or adjusted mine in any way.
I remember Ric mentioning in chat one night that his own device no longer has thread issues.
After some use they apparently sort themselves out.

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013, 10:42:28 PM »

Only guessing but could be that the threads eventually sort themselves out - a wipe and clean seems to quicken that process, at least it did for mine

Jimmy

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2013, 10:52:29 PM »

Yeah that's the one from what I can gather some ppl were cutting down a silver button hot spring but that one supposedly fits perfectly

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2013, 10:53:46 PM »

Yeah that's the one from what I can gather some ppl were cutting down a silver button hot spring but that one supposedly fits perfectly

Cheers Jimmy, I'll grab one of them then but yeah, the postage kind of kills it  :-\

diz

• Black or Grey
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2013, 10:56:11 PM »

Thanks for those kind words! I've just looked for sparks and seen them too around the edge of the switch. I had visually examined the switch for a conductive path, then had been checking the switch with my multimeter. But the arcing rather seals it. Good idea to have a look for sparks!

I had always been suspicious about claims of the conductive superiority of brass over other metals in these low voltage applications. Electrically speaking, it does not make much of a difference at all - and the conductivity maths backs this up.

There might be a way of connecting the spring to the body of the mod electrically; by slipping a metal washer under the plastic insulator, so the spring would then "ground" the button to the body of the mod through the washer. The issue here is that the washer would need the correct internal and external diameters and thickness.

I have some adhesive copper sheet that I've just tried out to see if this solves the issue and ensures some connection between the button and the body. I think it works! pic below:

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2013, 11:00:16 PM »

Nice on Diz. First thing I'd say is that spring looks better than the one in mine for some reason - could be the lighting

Second, is that on the base of the delrin then, where the base of the switch comes up to it when firing?

diz

• Black or Grey
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2013, 11:08:37 PM »

What lighting?  ;D Sorry about that!

That's right - the copper/washer is on the side of the plastic insulator that faces the button end and supports the spring. When you unscrew the plastic insulator, you could slip a washer in then screw the plastic insulator back down again to secure it against the body of the mod, therefore making electrical connection between the mod, spring and button that is missing the current design.

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2013, 11:15:21 PM »

I'm liking this Diz. The 19 issues are making much more sense now after seeing the arcing sparks and your post on the lateral connection. I can see how Jimmy's right with the spring now too - if it's hitting the outside of the chamber it would produce the same effect presumably? Although would a spring be less than perfectly reliable because of surface area/movement than a washer?

Either way, I'm going to phase out tonight and come back in the morning. thanks again bud, I reckon we've cracked it tonight (well, you and Jimmy anyway lol)

Catch up tomorrow  :D

diz

• Black or Grey
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2013, 11:25:07 PM »

Your sparking observation that I could reproduce was pretty vital in confirming this too.

If a revised spring hits the outside of the mod's body then it would have the same effect of "powering" up the button, but I'm worried that the spring contact might be intermittent because of movement, else cause grating and scraping as the switch is pressed that may make the button feel less smooth in it's action.

I can say that the spring I use came with the device. I've turned a light on and hope my new pic shows more detail of my "fix", although a suitable washer may ultimately be the best solution.

Cheers mate.

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2013, 11:31:43 PM »

Cheers Diz, I was just playing down my pivotal role in this ;)

I'm going to take my 19 apart tomorrow and have a proper look. Then we just need to find some washers!

All in all, it's certainly making me think that the whole drilled out magnet in the firing pin thing was a red herring from day 1 - we've all followed what was probably one or two people's own method thinking it was the only method

RIght, deffo away now before Rocc catches up with me again ;)

Nite all  ;D

diz

• Black or Grey
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2013, 11:41:01 PM »

I can honestly say that your "ilegal fix" works a treat for me and I've not had a single misfire since I used it. It really is looking good, although it is early days...

Let me know if you want me to send you a piece of adhesive copper sheet for your own tests!

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
Re: RBA resistance - Segelei 19b -v- Vamo: the "ilegal fix"
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2013, 08:02:40 AM »

I can honestly say that your "ilegal fix" works a treat for me

Hahaha  :D Note new thread title ;)

I'm not sure what to do Diz. If you've got a little piece of that copper spare and don't mind posting it that would be great! Is it easy to apply and shape it like you've done? I'll PM you my addy anyway in case

From what you say this means there's no need to replace the spring? I wouldn't mind a punt on the BB spring but the minimum postage is £3 and I can't find anything else on ivapour-elixir I can be bothered with - even the AGA T2 is what I think is the old AGA T2 (AGA T+?)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up