Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

FULL LIST OF SUPPLIER DISCOUNT CODES - CLICK

20% Discount Code Added For WWW.JACVAPOUR.COM - ECR69

15% Discount Code Added For WWW.T-JUICE.COM - ECR69

10% Discount Code Added For WWW.MIRAGECIGARETTES.CO.UK - MC69

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: RBA resistance - Segelei 19b -v- Vamo: the "diz fix" really  (Read 10956 times)

Jimmy

Re: RBA resistance - Segelei 19b -v- Vamo: the "ilegal fix"
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2013, 04:09:22 PM »

Just a quick update I've drilled and tapped a hole in mine now and it's working a lot better now even without a brass screw because I didn't have any to hand.
Also instead of ordering another spring I took some pliers to the stock spring and widened the bottom coil so it was touching the side of the body.
Been using it for a few hours now and it's been brilliant no misfires and seems to be firing 10 times better than what it was.

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2013, 04:13:34 PM »

Nice one Jimmy, so that's just a normal screw in there? I wonder if just widening the spring would have made the difference on its own? I think this 'touching the body' is the critical thing, like we were chatting about last night with Diz

Anyway, it's great mate, well done and glad it's working!  :)

Jimmy

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2013, 04:25:50 PM »

Nice one Jimmy, so that's just a normal screw in there? I wonder if just widening the spring would have made the difference on its own? I think this 'touching the body' is the critical thing, like we were chatting about last night with Diz

Anyway, it's great mate, well done and glad it's working!  :)

Yeah just a normal m4 screw for now I'll pick up some pan head brass m4's as soon as possible and I think it will fire even better.
When I widened the spring that seemed to make it better as well and I've not had 1 misfire since.
I've also put a couple of o-rings that I took off a couple of old CE5 clearomiser drip tips and put them on the bottom of the brass post and this has shortened the throw of the switch to about 2mm
Happy days
I would defo give it a go widening the spring it's a 2 min job

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2013, 05:13:18 PM »

Cheers Jimmy, I might dig my pliers out and have a fiddle. Me and Diz also have a little experiment going with the copper Diz mentioned. I'm going to give it a go on mine too so we can see if it's a consistent improvement  ;)

I'm more annoyed at the minute that the brass Segelei head (19a type with the well) I have won't fire up my RBA and protanks  >:(

Jimmy

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2013, 06:05:02 PM »

Cheers Jimmy, I might dig my pliers out and have a fiddle. Me and Diz also have a little experiment going with the copper Diz mentioned. I'm going to give it a go on mine too so we can see if it's a consistent improvement  ;)

I'm more annoyed at the minute that the brass Segelei head (19a type with the well) I have won't fire up my RBA and protanks  >:(

Try taking the top off your aga and pushing the centre pin down a little and then screwing it back on the mod if there's no play in the centre post then you will have to loosen the nuts off a bit but then you may have to rebuild your coil.
That's what I had to do.

I would also make sure the white plastic  delrin part on the underside of the top cap is screwed up fully and and also make sure the brass screw in the centre of the delrin is screwed right in

Check the pics below

You'll have to be gentle with the pliers unscrewing the delrin and brass post

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2013, 06:35:02 PM »

Thanks Jimmy, I'll give that a go with the centre post on the RBA when I recoil it later this week. I tried the screw thing but no joy

To be honest, it's probably not the end of the world because I'm going to sand down the 510 connecter flush with the body I think. That should sort it and get rid of the gap between the atty too

Cheers for your help bud  :D

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2013, 08:22:54 PM »

Just tried the copper 'washer' idea that Diz had and it's worked a treat - no misfires at all so far and easy to do! As per Diz I cut a square of adhesive backed copper sheet, to roughly the size of the base of the delron (the bit that the spring hits from underneath when pressing the fire button. Wrapped it and cut off edges. Did it 3 times in total to build up the washer. Neatened it off but still left a tiny overlap onto the threads outside and the central core that the pin comes through in the middle when firing

Should just say, that's no misfires even if I'm trying to get them. It doesn't matter if you hit the button centrally (which is when most of them happen), sideways or wherever, fires every time

Works a treat, what can I say! Here's a couple of pics:

« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 08:24:27 PM by ilegal »

diz

• Black or Grey
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2013, 08:26:29 PM »

Sorted!

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2013, 08:28:42 PM »

Yep, it's the business Diz. Let Conan Doyle write about that one! hahaha  :D

Jimmy

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2013, 10:09:20 PM »

Glad your sorted mate. Where did you get the copper sheets from I might give it a go myself.

Have you managed to get your aga firing on your 19 yet?

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2013, 10:18:32 PM »

Diz sent me some - not sure where you'd buy it - if you PM me your address I'll stick a sheet in the post for you

Not fiddled with the 19a cap yet. I'm going to get some wet and dry tomorrow and sand it down. It should be good all being well after that *fingers crossed* :)

diz

• Black or Grey
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2013, 10:36:02 PM »

I bought a roll from eBay - as shielding for cavities in a guitar I recently renovated.

Jimmy

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2013, 10:38:02 PM »

Diz sent me some - not sure where you'd buy it - if you PM me your address I'll stick a sheet in the post for you

Not fiddled with the 19a cap yet. I'm going to get some wet and dry tomorrow and sand it down. It should be good all being well after that *fingers crossed* :)

Cheers for that I'll do that now.

Let me know how you get on with sanding the top down i fancy giving it a go myself but don't know where to start. Make sure you do some before and after pics.
Are you planning on just doing the 510 connector or are going to do the whole top cap to get rid of the tapered bit?

ilegal

• Five coils to Yuma
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2013, 11:07:43 PM »

Well, that's got me thinking. I was just going to do the connector but knowing me I tend to get a bit carried away so I'll probably end up sanding my hand off hahahaha

Not sure, I vaguely remember seeing someone else that did it. All I'd be worried about would be how much depth it would leave in the 510 fitting - I'm inclined to think it would be too shallow and might be a problem. I'll see if I can dig about and see/read what the outcome was for others who did it. I think if just the connector was taken down that should be fine but will have to see...

Good idea on the photos - will do. Replied to your PM too

Cheers bud

Jimmy

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2013, 11:50:51 PM »

Well, that's got me thinking. I was just going to do the connector but knowing me I tend to get a bit carried away so I'll probably end up sanding my hand off hahahaha

Not sure, I vaguely remember seeing someone else that did it. All I'd be worried about would be how much depth it would leave in the 510 fitting - I'm inclined to think it would be too shallow and might be a problem. I'll see if I can dig about and see/read what the outcome was for others who did it. I think if just the connector was taken down that should be fine but will have to see...

Good idea on the photos - will do. Replied to your PM too

Cheers bud

If your changing the bolt in the top cap it will be adjustable so it shouldn't matter about the depth of the connector once its sanded down I have seen photos on another thread but can't find it now
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up